Does anyone know who I would contact at RIM to discuss how App World displays apps when the content settings are set to Teen? I have a playbook for my kids and set the content settings to Teen but discovered the other day that all apps still show up when using the search function. I searched for the app 'out of milk' the other day and a million apps popped up about sexy girls. The thumbnails show cleavage, crotch shots etc and to me what good are content settings if this type of stuff still shows up? Even just searching the keyword 'milk' on BB AppWorld will show all of these Adult apps. Not cool!!

Also, the BB Music store has some pretty racy pictures when you go to the genres section. Not sure who I would contact about that as well.

p.s. I looked at the Apple App store and nothing like this shows up when you search 'milk'. Also, the iTunes genre section pictures are much more tame than the BB music store.

A lot of kids have an iPod touch for gaming but they should really have a playbook because the playbook is so much better for playing games on. I wish RIM would spend some time looking at the iPod touch and introduce some of the parental controls that Apple makes available (time allowed per day, time of day, etc).
    Last edited by bluemorph; 01-13-13 at 12:28 PM.
    01-12-13 09:22 AM
    Any parents out there need to be aware of this.
    01-13-13 12:37 PM
    100% agree this is unacceptable.
    01-13-13 01:36 PM
    Not sure about an email address but I bet @BlackBerryHelp via twitter could send this to the right people.
    01-13-13 01:46 PM
    Perhaps BB10 will fix some of this.
    01-14-13 02:56 AM
    Perhaps BB10 will fix some of this.
    If so the settings should already be in blackberry world for bb10. Someone with a Dev alpha can confirm?
    01-14-13 03:03 AM