When it comes to marketing? Carrier support is still horrible with the in store experience. No tv commercials. The BB10 experience is going basically by the wayside in America due to the lack of advertising. What is the deal? The NBA finals is on and no commercials and there is two BB10 devices in the US now. I don't understand why BlackBerry isn't showing off BB10.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Fnen90 likes this.
    06-12-13 08:44 AM
    I think they have a limited budget in like Samsung or Apple and they want to run targeted commercials at their niche Audience.
    Like they have both at Airports, free wi-fi at Delta targeted at executives and professionals.

US Is their main market for high margin phones. Probally still number one for margins and revenues by country.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 08:49 AM
    When it comes to marketing? Carrier support is still horrible with the in store experience. No tv commercials. The BB10 experience is going basically by the wayside in America due to the lack of advertising. What is the deal? The NBA finals is on and no commercials and there is two BB10 devices in the US now. I don't understand why BlackBerry isn't showing off BB10.

The in store experience isn't BlackBerry's fault: that's squarely on the carrier. Most advertising is also done by the carriers: how many ads for a specific device end not just with the name of the device, but also the carrier? So far about the carrier support BlackBerry has seen has been Verizon: the BBM screen share ads, the business based share everything ad. AT&T, T-Mobile: both nothing (though T-Mo has been whoring out its iPhone acquisition pretty hard).

I don't think it's so much that they're anti-US as there's just too much dithering from the carriers. As for the finals, aren't they pretty much relegated to cable as opposed to the broadcast networks now anyway? Hopefully as the Q becomes available on AT&T we'll see more spots and promotion begin to come out from BlackBerry itself.
    06-12-13 08:52 AM
    No the usa is anti anything not usa.
    06-12-13 09:27 AM
    I don't think so but it seems the US is anti BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:29 AM
    Let's make this simple . . .

. . . No . . .

<Close thread>
    SFWriter and SK122387 like this.
    06-12-13 09:32 AM
    So how do you explain all the foreign products purchased here? If anything the USA is anti USA.
    06-12-13 09:36 AM
    As clearly evidenced by the sale of Samsung devices. And Sony. And Toyotas, Hondas...
    06-12-13 09:46 AM
    They still think they are american brands

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:58 AM

You have the question backwards, is the us anti blackberry and the answer seems to be a depressing yes. For a country that loves freedom of choice to not support the big four equally is just hurting the Americans. In the end it will be the users suffering.

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    06-12-13 10:11 AM
    Stop blaming the carriers, the US, the Constitution, the NSA and Americans in general.
    BlackBerry's marketing has been pathetic. From the Super Bowl ad (remember that) to the current boring commercials to disinterested carriers who sell plenty of other phones, it is Frank and the boys who have failed. There is significant better marketing here on CrackBerry than BBRY has ever turned out.

It's sad, but aim the blame where it belongs.
    06-12-13 10:30 AM
    Yes, BBRY is anti-money
    06-12-13 12:33 PM
    I kept seeing that Keep Moving ad on the Hockey Channel repeatedly when I was at the food court at Caesars. I get what the OP is saying, though. BB still needs to step it up.

Sent from my sexy Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    06-12-13 01:05 PM
    Stop blaming the carriers, the US, the Constitution, the NSA and Americans in general.
    BlackBerry's marketing has been pathetic. From the Super Bowl ad (remember that) to the current boring commercials to disinterested carriers who sell plenty of other phones, it is Frank and the boys who have failed. There is significant better marketing here on CrackBerry than BBRY has ever turned out.

Won't happen. Easier to blame moving objects
    06-12-13 01:14 PM
    Samsung, HTC, and any other non-iPhone ad I see are all US companies now? News to me!
    pantlesspenguin and jegs2 like this.
    06-12-13 02:14 PM
    I don't think so but it seems the US is anti BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    ^this

~STV
    kidshah likes this.
    06-12-13 02:23 PM
    snip... For a country that loves freedom of choice to not support the big four equally is just hurting the Americans. In the end it will be the users suffering. Posted via CB10
    LOL. No evidence of any Americans suffering. Americans still eat, sleep and go to work. Just maybe not with a Blackberry.
    06-12-13 02:28 PM
    Let's do a little experiment shall we? For ANYONE living in the US, go talk to your friends, family and anyone on the street that does not look like they would take offense to a stranger asking a simple question. The simple question is this: "Which one of the following companies are NOT American - Apple, Samsung, HTC, Windows, Blackberry, HP, Motorola?"

I can guarantee that many of the average folk on the street will pick out Blackberry and think HTC is American. Yes, there is a 'reluctance' to buy non-American products but at the same time Blackberry does have to pic up the advertising and focus on the greatness that it is. And, the US carriers need to get a grip and if they are going to carry a product, they need to treat them ALL with the same respect and not just the iCrap.
    06-12-13 02:29 PM

Marketing is more than beating someone over the head with a commercial until they are unconscious. Sorry, but this naive view simply doesn't work anymore. I might suggest going to the CBC website and downloading "Under the Influence". It discusses how modern advertising works. It is quite interesting and it gives you critical insight into the history and nature of advertising campaigns. Then come back and lets have a discussion.
    SFWriter likes this.
    06-12-13 02:30 PM
    Last year apple and Samsung spent almost a billion on advertising
    BlackBerry spent about $35million
    Before apple in 2007, blackberry didn't have to.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    SFWriter likes this.
    06-12-13 02:37 PM
    is the OP on crack? BB carriers seems to be anti BB.
    jayemmbee likes this.
    06-12-13 02:40 PM
    Marketing is more than beating someone over the head with a commercial until they are unconscious. Sorry, but this naive view simply doesn't work anymore. I might suggest going to the CBC website and downloading "Under the Influence". It discusses how modern advertising works. It is quite interesting and it gives you critical insight into the history and nature of advertising campaigns. Then come back and lets have a discussion.
    Perhaps in smaller, provincial and emerging markets. So BlackBerry doesn't do social networking or marketing? They try but fail. They failed because their technology got stale and they ignored applications.

I assume the CBC is some sort of television network (snarky, I know what it is), but it is immaterial to the US consumer.
    06-12-13 02:42 PM
    Americans, almost by definition, care not where a functional comes from.

I bet most Americans couldn't even tell you Blackberry isn't American.
    06-12-13 02:45 PM

Correction, if you see the current verizon commercials, they definitely say, purchase the new q10 in it.. and att on their websites and most instore posters have 3 phones and one of them is def a z10.... not the greatest marketing but its there....and blackberry has definitely been playing their commercial.. most will argue the strength of it, but it has definitely been marketed
    06-12-13 02:47 PM
    Perhaps in smaller, provincial and emerging markets. So BlackBerry doesn't do social networking or marketing? They try but fail. They failed because their technology got stale and they ignored applications.

I assume the CBC is some sort of television network (snarky, I know what it is), but it is immaterial to the US consumer.
    So are you saying, you don't want to engage in a thoughtful discussion of advertising? Interesting as I thought you were a serious person. On a different note, you do know that most of the modern techniques of advertising originated in the US and were then sequentially applied to alternate markets.
    06-12-13 03:02 PM
91 123 ...