Hello everyone,,
    I know everyone has different opinions on sizes of smartphones, but in my humble opinion people will soon become fed up with the ever growing sizes. I`m 59 years old and I still want a phone that fits comfortably in my jeans pocket, so I am sure a lot of people younger than me feel the same.
    Z10 - best phone I ever had and for so many reasons. I`m not going to dwell on what should have happened or what could have happened regarding Operating Systems but I do want to suggest this.
    The hardware for the phone exists. Great shape, great size, so no new investment required in the hardware.
    So why not use that hardware with an Android OS, include all the stuff that is now expected in a top spec smartphone and create something really desirable for the old guys and the kids?
    11-29-18 12:31 AM
    I'm not sure there is a market for a SLAB Blackberry.

But if there were, I think it's clear what the trend is in size. Exploring something outside of the norm would only put more pressure on it's ability to be a success.

There are OEMs making smaller phones for the few that want them.... and if Verizon has any success with that tiny Palm phone, you might see more.
    11-29-18 11:15 AM
    Hello everyone,,
    I know everyone has different opinions on sizes of smartphones, but in my humble opinion people will soon become fed up with the ever growing sizes. I`m 59 years old and I still want a phone that fits comfortably in my jeans pocket, so I am sure a lot of people younger than me feel the same.
    Z10 - best phone I ever had and for so many reasons. I`m not going to dwell on what should have happened or what could have happened regarding Operating Systems but I do want to suggest this.
    The hardware for the phone exists. Great shape, great size, so no new investment required in the hardware.
    So why not use that hardware with an Android OS, include all the stuff that is now expected in a top spec smartphone and create something really desirable for the old guys and the kids?
    Ouch. Can't imagine running Android on a 2GB 2012 Snapdragon S4 (which isn't available anymore, BTW).

Potential market size: 9 people.
    11-29-18 11:31 AM
    I'm one of the 9. 😂 But I replaced my Z10 with a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. Perfect phone.

Posted via  Z10
    11-29-18 12:21 PM
    The Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is only 5mm taller than the Z10, has 2018 parts in it (Snapdragon 845, 2800 mAh battery, 5" 2160x1080 screen), and doesn't require disinterring the bones of the Z10 to produce it. But, phones that size are getting less common as aspect ratios get taller; the Galaxy S9 is on the smaller end for flagships and is still about 12 mm taller than the XZ2 Compact.

And in photo form (via PhoneArena):

11-29-18 12:23 PM
    I replaced my Blackberry Z10 with the Sony XZ1 Compact as well. Great phone! I have Blackberry Hub, Contacts, etc. installed on it. While this phone rocks, I do miss the Blackberry 10 OS. Perhaps the best OS ever made.
    12-27-18 06:57 PM