Yes, though with a keyboard type cover, like the Google Pixel C, i wonder if there is anyone who owned the pixel c tell us about that form factor.
    01-14-17 02:04 AM
    Windows 10 BlackBerry tablet anyone?
    What could BlackBerry do with an x86 Windows 10 tablet (i.e. the only Windows tablet worth bothering about)?
    01-14-17 02:08 AM
    What could BlackBerry do with an x86 Windows 10 tablet (i.e. the only Windows tablet worth bothering about)?
    Well the tablet I really don't care but the keyboard... sometimes I find myself swiping left to delete when working with my office pc ). Could be a nice touch. Just release a case for Surface maybe?

Just for heads up, I am talking about TCL.
    01-14-17 05:19 AM
    Tablets are slumping in sales really badly. Compared to phones, they offer even less reason to upgrade frequently. I still have my iPad Mini 2. Compared to the BlackBerry deadbook and various Android tabs before it, it has been an exemplary performer and still gets the newest IOS every year.

BlackBerry would have to be as diligent as Apple in software updates to be able to stand out. Most Android tablets never get an update.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-14-17 06:12 AM
    Well the tablet I really don't care but the keyboard... sometimes I find myself swiping left to delete when working with my office pc ). Could be a nice touch. Just release a case for Surface maybe?

Haha, me too. I swipe left when I'm typing on my ipad (I own a Z30) or, sometimes, I try to swipe up to unlock it.
    01-14-17 07:24 AM
    Blackberry is out of the hardware business, so unless someone is going to license the blackberry name and software don't look for a tablet.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-14-17 07:25 AM
    Then you don't look very closely. MS Office apps work well on iPads. You also need to look in the iOS app store, quite a few apps for specific vertical markets. Also, several of the companies I work with use iPads with applications they have written for their companies.

I see iPads doing serious work all the time.
    But maybe because, for the moment, there are not better alternatives?
    We all know that there are Apps for Word processing, spreadsheets and such, just I don't think that the ipad is the best working device. For me, it is not. I'm not saying you cannot use it, but it could be much better.
    01-14-17 07:27 AM
    BlackBerry would have to be as diligent as Apple in software updates to be able to stand out. Most Android tablets never get an update.
    Well, of course. That is a reason why I would buy a BB Android Tablet ..
    An alternative could be to install the BB Apps (I mean calendar, hub, keyboard, etc) on existing Andoid tablets. But I would prefer a BB Tablet for the updates and also because in that case I wouldn't have to buy the apps (that for the moment cannot be installed on tablets, as far as I know)
    01-14-17 07:29 AM
    Maybe they could start just by making their Apps available for Tablets too, and not only smartphones ..? I mean the Hub, the keyboard, Calendar ...
    sebstarr likes this.
    01-14-17 07:31 AM
    Ohhhhhhhhhh. I know!!!! Create an Android update for the Playbook. The version of BB10 they created for it never quite worked right. Oh, wait, they never did keep that promise.
    01-14-17 09:09 AM

A TCL Windows tablet with the BlackBerry name on it can't follow the usual TCL hardware+BlackBerry software relationship, and rightfully so: BB's experience with Windows software produced BBDM and Link, which are bad.

Nothing more than just a regular x86 Windows tablet with a fancy name, then.
    01-14-17 09:14 AM
    To be totally honest, Android on tablets is awful, is like a super big phone With awful updates, the Play Store is pretty incomplete in the Apps department for productivity, what could possibly BlackBerry do in tablet market?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 10:18 AM
    Then you don't look very closely. MS Office apps work well on iPads. You also need to look in the iOS app store, quite a few apps for specific vertical markets. Also, several of the companies I work with use iPads with applications they have written for their companies.

I see iPads doing serious work all the time.
    I agree that, with custom app development, iPads can work just fine. But for departmental, rather than corporate, use, there usually isn't money for custom development. The Windows Surface tablets all use Active Directory to store all photos and videos from our training sessions on our network drive over WIFI, so we can easily delete all user data from the tablets at the end of each training session. It's just a huge pain to do the same tasks with iPads without hunting for apps and/or custom development.

As for the MS Office Suite working well on iPads...that's a matter of opinion. Our team's opinion is that MS Office is barely usable on anything but a Win32 platform. Too many gimped features! Sure, you can view and edit, but try recalculating or reconfiguring a Pivot table in Excel with any decently large data set. Also, MS Office doesn't really flow without both mouse buttons and keyboard shortcuts anyway.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 12:15 PM
    Double Post Removed
    01-14-17 12:22 PM
    I use a Win10 tablet with keyboard at work which, for my purpose is infinitely more useful than the iPads my colleagues use. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to take an iPad to a meeting and NOT have any native access to our intranet file system. At my desk it is hooked up to a monitor, keyboard and mouse and works well.

If BB and TCL produced a tablet ''hardened'' like the Dteks and Priv with regular updates I would consider it for home use. I look at some of the Android tablets in the stores and many of them still come with Android 5.0; can they be updated to MM? I don't know, and it is something I would have to research before buying.
    01-15-17 12:23 AM
    I agree that, with custom app development, iPads can work just fine. But for departmental, rather than corporate, use, there usually isn't money for custom development. The Windows Surface tablets all use Active Directory to store all photos and videos from our training sessions on our network drive over WIFI, so we can easily delete all user data from the tablets at the end of each training session. It's just a huge pain to do the same tasks with iPads without hunting for apps and/or custom development.

As for the MS Office Suite working well on iPads...that's a matter of opinion. Our team's opinion is that MS Office is barely usable on anything but a Win32 platform. Too many gimped features! Sure, you can view and edit, but try recalculating or reconfiguring a Pivot table in Excel with any decently large data set. Also, MS Office doesn't really flow without both mouse buttons and keyboard shortcuts anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I am not taking about how your team feels
    I work in the tech world, and have for 30 years. I work with very large companies around the world. To say iPads are not used in business is ignoring reality. Nice they don't work for you. Several large companies I work with use iPads for their field teams with great custom apps. MS Office meets the need of many in the field where only minor editing is required. I know manufacturing and large shipping companies using iPads, often using a combination of custom and commercial apps.

All of these companies have Windows Laptops and MACs, but for quite a few situations iPads are a great solution. They are used in business.
    01-15-17 01:53 AM
    I am not taking about how your team feels
    I work in the tech world, and have for 30 years. I work with very large companies around the world. To say iPads are not used in business is ignoring reality. Nice they don't work for you. Several large companies I work with use iPads for their field teams with great custom apps. MS Office meets the need of many in the field where only minor editing is required. I know manufacturing and large shipping companies using iPads, often using a combination of custom and commercial apps.

All of these companies have Windows Laptops and MACs, but for quite a few situations iPads are a great solution. They are used in business.
    I know they are widely used, and they can be great with custom apps for field teams where only simple data entry and display is involved. Their simplicity is a benefit for that. In that context, they are basically "dumb" screens connected to corporate databases for specialized functions for mobile workers in warehouses, the field, etc. But, honestly, any tablet could serve that purpose.

However, out of the box, they are really not very powerful for serious knowledge work, compared to PCs. Light editing is no problem, and with custom apps they can do great. But I can't think of a single thing that they can do BETTER than a Surface tablet in the workplace, with one important exception. If you are a social media professional who has to post frequently from the field, they are exceptionally good at that. Though, if media creation/editing is part of the job, the Surface Pro will run Adobe Creative Cloud, which is pretty much a must-have.

Posted via CB10
    BBDav_10 likes this.
    01-15-17 09:22 AM
42 12