Hi people.
    What would you think about a BlackBerry Android Tablet, between 8" to 10 ".
    Would you buy one?
    01-13-17 06:15 AM
    Yes if a keyboard case is icluded
    BBDav_10 likes this.
    01-13-17 06:16 AM
    Even without physical keyboard (under the form of a case) I'm just trying to imagine how useful would be a tablet with BB hub, calendar, virtual keyboard and all the useful bb apps ... Also, it would be possible to imagine a Bb bluetooth physical keyboard to use with the device, maybe assembled by Tcl itself ..
    01-13-17 07:19 AM
    Personally I have no interest in an Android Tablet period..... loving my Windows Surface Pro.

I think if BlackBerry/TCL's focus is enterprise, they really do need a tablet device in their lineup. And I think a few here might believe it worth paying more for a "hardened" Android tablet. But in my experience in this market I live in.... people own iPads, or if they can't afford an iPad they buy a cheap, really cheap Android. You go into most retails stores Samsung is about the only brand with a device over $150, and not too many of them unless your at BestBuy.

The real advantage a BlackBerry tablet might have is updates... that's one area where Android OEM's really have fallen behind.
    01-13-17 07:42 AM
    Personally I have no interest in an Android Tablet period..... loving my Windows Surface Pro.

I think if BlackBerry/TCL's focus is enterprise, they really do need a tablet device in their lineup. And I think a few here might believe it worth paying more for a "hardened" Android tablet. But in my experience in this market I live in.... people own iPads, or if they can't afford an iPad they buy a cheap, really cheap Android. You go into most retails stores Samsung is about the only brand with a device over $150, and not too many of them unless your at BestBuy.

The real advantage a BlackBerry tablet might have is updates... that's one area where Android OEM's really have fallen behind.
    I would have to agree (hell froze over a second time). No tablet on the market can hold a candle to the surface pro.
    01-13-17 08:04 AM
    10" ya.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 09:25 AM
    Does TCL even make tablets? If not then I am sure they won't be getting into a shrinking market.
    01-13-17 11:19 AM
    Does TCL even make tablets? If not then I am sure they won't be getting into a shrinking market.
    I have no idea if TCL makes tablet ... You asked a good question ..
    01-13-17 11:47 AM
    My point is: I have an iPad mini, I use it for work, but I'm not satisfied at all, in particular by the keyboard. I think that the hardware of ipad is not the best, in particular the audio really disappointed me. Under an hardware point of view I think, for example, that Sony xperia tablet are better, but then you have to get Android ... I would buy an Android if adapted and modified by BlackBerry, otherwise not.
    01-13-17 11:50 AM
    As far as I know the Android tablet market is dwindling. That the best one is still the Nexus 7 is an indication.
    01-13-17 11:52 AM

I see your point but ... Isn't Microsoft surface pro above like 1000 $..? I'm not talking about that price range. I meant a good middle range 8" android tablet around 300 - 400 € or $, with bb hub, calendar, keyboard and more secure OS, as for the new phones ...
    01-13-17 11:53 AM
    As far as I know the Android tablet market is dwindling. That the best one is still the Nexus 7 is an indication.
    I see. I didn't know that. None of you here uses a tablet for work?
    01-13-17 11:54 AM
    I have no idea if TCL makes tablet ... You asked a good question ..
    Alcatel | Tablets

But nothing to get excited about.
    01-13-17 12:03 PM
    I will confirm that iPads are awful devices for work. They don't run enterprise software like Microsoft's; their gesture support is ridiculously awkward (four finger swipe up?!), and for some ridiculous reason Apple still doesn't support automatic wireless uploads of photos from the camera roll to PCs in 2017, which means that we have to plug all 20 iPads in our training center into a PC one by one to archive photos daily.

Posted via CB10
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-13-17 12:22 PM
    Would prefer a windows tablet. Sony tablets are great but not much less than a windows surface. Market is saturated and it's easy to just opt for a cheap Droid tablet. Even a Z2 2014 Sony running MM isn't bad for $200.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-13-17 12:36 PM
    I think Microsoft has the full featured tablet locked up. Having purchased a couple new Amazon Fire tablets I think they have the entertainment, reading, leisure use locked up. Affordable, good quality, no operating issues, and a robust Amazon Prime- if you subscribe. My Samsung Tab Pro devices have better screens but significantly less battery life and are stuck on Kit Kat thanks to Samsung.
    01-13-17 12:39 PM

I wish I would have held out for a Windows tablet. I told my wife I was going to get one and she got me a Samsung tablet cause it was cheaper. Smh. The windows tab seem to have every thing that you would need.

#luvmybb10os
    01-13-17 01:10 PM
    I see your point but ... Isn't Microsoft surface pro above like 1000 $..? I'm not talking about that price range. I meant a good middle range 8" android tablet around 300 - 400 € or $, with bb hub, calendar, keyboard and more secure OS, as for the new phones ...
    Mine was $600 (on sale) with a keyboard.

BlackBerry's last tablet was a 7" for over $500.... While I do expect that TCL would relabel one of their offerings in the $300 price range. Not sure about "good". If you look at that tablets in that price range, they aren't running much in the way of hardware. Most any midgrade (or low) phone would blow it away. If you want "good" hardware, then you have to pay for it.

I think that might be one reason tablet sales have fallen off.... most today use their large dispaly phones as the hardware is so much faster.
    01-13-17 01:13 PM
    The form factor of the playbook was perfect. It extended the usefulness of the phone. The two worked together as one device. This you would not understand unless you used a playbook paired to a BlackBerry phone. Tablets don't do that. Yes they can be made to but it requires some middle apps and additional connectivity to do so. The next tablet that,offers that, gets my vote and deep Investigation.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 04:00 PM
    I wish I would have held out for a Windows tablet. I told my wife I was going to get one and she got me a Samsung tablet cause it was cheaper. Smh. The windows tab seem to have every thing that you would need.

#luvmybb10os
    There are some use cases for Android tablets, but yes, I do love my Unbranded Windows Tab. Fantastic.

That and my convertible Chromebook.
    01-13-17 06:35 PM
    I will confirm that iPads are awful devices for work. They don't run enterprise software like Microsoft's; their gesture support is ridiculously awkward (four finger swipe up?!), and for some ridiculous reason Apple still doesn't support automatic wireless uploads of photos from the camera roll to PCs in 2017, which means that we have to plug all 20 iPads in our training center into a PC one by one to archive photos daily.

Posted via CB10
    Then you don't look very closely. MS Office apps work well on iPads. You also need to look in the iOS app store, quite a few apps for specific vertical markets. Also, several of the companies I work with use iPads with applications they have written for their companies.

I see iPads doing serious work all the time.
    01-13-17 08:42 PM
    Only 11"

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 12:04 AM
    Windows 10 BlackBerry tablet anyone?
    01-14-17 01:11 AM
    If they don't do it, they are idiotss... #blackberry

Posted via CB10
    BBDav_10 likes this.
    01-14-17 01:20 AM
    The form factor of the playbook was perfect. It extended the usefulness of the phone. The two worked together as one device. This you would not understand unless you used a playbook paired to a BlackBerry phone. Tablets don't do that. Yes they can be made to but it requires some middle apps and additional connectivity to do so. The next tablet that,offers that, gets my vote and deep Investigation.

Posted via CB10
    I had a Playbook and a 9900 and with respect that was then and this is now. Phones are much larger now and email systems are cross platform or cloud based. The Bridge idea is truly DOA.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 01:43 AM
42 12