Telus is selling the dtek 50
    11-17-16 04:30 PM
    Not likely, but not impossible either. Chen always said he would keep hardware if he could at least break even.

What can be dismantled, can also be rebuilt.
    11-17-16 08:53 PM
    This notion that Enterprise is interested in BlackBerry devices has not been true for perhaps three years. For example a large Canadian corporation that I am familiar with is phasing out their BlackBerry's for iPhone 7's.
    11-18-16 12:07 AM
    Telus is selling the dtek 50
    I asked at one Telus store. None on display and none on back.
    11-18-16 12:19 AM
    This notion that Enterprise is interested in BlackBerry devices has not been true for perhaps three years. For example a large Canadian corporation that I am familiar with is phasing out their BlackBerry's for iPhone 7's.
    I think there is a point here.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 02:17 AM
    About the same place they are now.....

They really could not have gone to "pure" Android, five or six years ago. Would have had to make a custom OS based on Android like Amazon did, but it would have been ignored by developers and customers for the same reason BB10 was.

Wasn't until Google improved Android's "inherent" security capabilities and until Chip manufactures provided better on chip security.... that this was even possible. And without security, BlackBerry would be just another Android OEM fighting to see who can sell phones the cheapest.
    Yeah, you are right. Android is just becoming an OS which can be reliably used for this type of phone.
    11-18-16 05:56 AM
    According to their website in alberta
    11-18-16 06:27 AM
    Costco in Burlington has the 50 in stock as of yesterday, only way to get the 60 is shopblackberry or staples
    11-18-16 06:45 AM
    According to their website in alberta
    No active support. Stores are displaying the Alcatel. I can not blame them. The carriers do not want to sell phones based on security and OS updates . It is up to BlackBerry to market these features .
    11-18-16 09:44 AM
    If the phone is going to sell the BlackBerry need to make commercials in several countries. Really make the phones know to the public.
    11-19-16 04:35 AM
    Whatever it is. The sales obviously increased compared to last year. And it is not a mouthtalk blackberry fan.
    11-19-16 11:15 AM
    Dtek50 is sold at a few carrier stores and mobile shops here in the Greater Toronto Area. The Wind Mobile stores I frequent have a dummy Dtek50 on display and said that it was sold out when I asked about it a few weeks after launch. But who knows how much stock they acquired. They also discontinued sales of the PRIV when the Dtek50 launched.

I'm curious on the strategy for the DTEK60 because it is clearly only available online for North American buyers. I assume that they wanted to sell it via word of mouth through the BlackBerry faithful.
    11-19-16 01:32 PM
    Just saw some dtek reviews. Must say they have done really nice software customisation in dteks. BlackBerry still have its great potential.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 01:37 PM
    And BlackBerry still wonders why the devices don't sell well.
    11-19-16 08:26 PM
    Sale not raised by me
    11-19-16 09:22 PM
    11-19-16 09:40 PM
    Hey, no religious topics on CB... ;-P

(All in good fun...!)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-20-16 03:32 AM
    The carriers are somewhat promoting Alcatel over DTEK. BlackBerry would need to lower the price difference and market the availability OS updates .
    Perhaps it depends where you are. I only see the Pixie devices around and nothing else. Have seen some DTEK50's here and there, but nothing else. But I agree: Blackberry's marketing is non-existent. It is all Samsung, and a little LG, all the time.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 08:01 AM
    Hey, no religious topics on CB... ;-P

(All in good fun...!)

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    I thought BB10 was a freakin' cult to start with, judging by the actions of people around here, worst than the Westboros.
    12-18-16 01:08 PM
    To OP question.
    Noway will that happened with me!
    11 BlackBerry OS10 devices in use around the family and plenty for spare too!
    No need to get any Droid device for years to come, all current BlackBerry devices working brilliantly without any hickup at all.

No rising sales for BlackBerry Droid stuff as far as it occurs to me.

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-19-16 04:39 AM
    I just recently upgraded from a Classic to a PRIV in small-town Manitoba (Canada). Our carrier isn't carrying the DTEKs, or at least not advertizing them, and even the PRIV has come down from $249 on a 2 year contract to $0 on a 2 year contract.

However, I asked the clerk how they were doing with the PRIV and she said that their sales have been increasing. The price, of course, has a great deal to do with that. Also, though, people who have bought the PRIV locally are really liking it an talking it up.

Even in my family it's causing a bit of a stir, especially amongst the older grand-children (3 of them, 12 - 14 years old, have their own phones).
    12-19-16 09:58 AM
    I thought BB10 was a freakin' cult to start with, judging by the actions of people around here, worst than the Westboros.
    Well, they have abandoned the idea of having a niche and gone all in with another company's Android ... and fallen flat.

We could have kept something, versus fading into nothing. And the choice was made to fade into nothing. Enjoy!
    12-19-16 10:37 AM
    Well, they have abandoned the idea of having a niche and gone all in with another company's Android ... and fallen flat.

We could have kept something, versus fading into nothing. And the choice was made to fade into nothing. Enjoy!
    We all still have something, including BB10 users...it's just not the 'something' some people wished for, or were otherwise expecting. That's OK. Life goes on.
    12-19-16 10:49 AM
    We all still have something, including BB10 users...it's just not the 'something' some people wished for, or were otherwise expecting. That's OK. Life goes on.
    Haha yes it does ... resolution from 2017 onwards, become less emotionally attached to gadgets.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-19-16 11:06 AM
    I just recently upgraded from a Classic to a PRIV in small-town Manitoba (Canada). ...
    However, I asked the clerk how they were doing with the PRIV and she said that their sales have been increasing. The price, of course, has a great deal to do with that. Also, though, people who have bought the PRIV locally are really liking it an talking it up.
    OK .. but that is not going to help. The province of Manitoba has a population of what, say 100 people, and most of that was through in-breeding. haha. Only kidding.

Let's hope it helps, but I think we all know what the reality is, there is not going to be a huge surge of sales. We all love BlackBerry, or we wouldn't be on this site, but they are fighting a huge, uphill battle. I think we just need to see how the software side of things are going, and assuming they are doing well, they will continue to be "involved" with handsets (to give the end-to-end coverage from handsets to the MDM solution). We sadly won't see the powerhouse they once were.
    12-19-16 11:11 AM
52 123