Lately I keep seeing blackberry showing up A LOT in my news feed. Looks like they paid facebook to be a sponsored advertiser. Everytime bb posts a video there's a ton of likes and comments. Going through the comments, it still blows my mind how negative the sentiment is towards bb. Have you guys seen these ads too?
    01-17-13 08:09 AM
    Yup.. Frank Boulben putting RIM dollars to work!
    01-17-13 08:17 AM
    There's ads on Facebook? *ahem* adblock
    01-17-13 08:20 AM
    Same here, starting to pop.
    Bien jou� Frankie
    01-17-13 09:21 AM
    At this point people who are negative are probably just ignorant, refusing to change their views based on the overwhelming evidence for a new contender. People get as upset about tech platforms as they do sports teams, car brands, etc. It's all the same lol.
    01-17-13 09:33 AM
    At this point people who are negative are probably just ignorant, refusing to change their views based on the overwhelming evidence for a new contender. People get as upset about tech platforms as they do sports teams, car brands, etc. It's all the same lol.
    This is spot on. I see these comments and I start to write a reply back and then I realize it's absolutely pointless and just cancel out.

"Herp derp blackberry tryin to copy da iphone"
    01-17-13 09:39 AM
    This is spot on. I see these comments and I start to write a reply back and then I realize it's absolutely pointless and just cancel out.

I agree fully, just need the phones to come out to help change the sentiments the idiots hold. I say idiots because they refuse to research, and make claims like "BlackBerry has the worst call quality" "unreliable phones". Sigh!
    01-17-13 09:41 AM

The most intelligent discussion about RIM and so forth usually occurs on analyst sites like Motley Fool or Seeking Alpha. On those sites the sentiment is overwhelmingly positive. Here's an example:

A negative article on RIM with hundreds of rebuttal comments: Research In Motion: The Party Is Over... Sell Now - Seeking Alpha

A positive article: Could RIM See $20 On BlackBerry 10 Launch? - Seeking Alpha

A negative article with once again many rebuttals: Research In Motion's Stock Surge, And Why It's Not Here To Stay - Seeking Alpha

Those are people who are literally putting their money where their mouth is. So I think it's probably more reasonable to trust their speculation rather than the hordes of people who just repeat the casette tape that is running in their head from the latest iPhone advertisement they happened to see.
    01-17-13 09:46 AM
    I agree fully, just need the phones to come out to help change the sentiments the idiots hold. I say idiots because they refuse to research, and make claims like "BlackBerry has the worst call quality" "unreliable phones". Sigh!
    If you want to have a laugh just go to blackberry page on fb and look at the comments under the recent videos that have been posted. ie:

"Dana Hidalgo Dobermann Sure. Now y'all come out with a big touch screen. Geez! I just gave up my BB after years of loving it and went to an ifabulousphone. I'd have stayed with BB if you were just a little quicker!!"

Meanwhile they would complain that rim is living in the past if they DIDN'T create a touchscreen phone. A lot of ppl don't know that they are coming out with qwerty versions either.

I wish some of the rim marketing dept would reply to these baseless comments.
    01-17-13 09:46 AM
    Here are some pieces of gold from the comments on Facebook LOL

"A hub, sounds like a windows phone copy that runs android apps."

"Blaclberry? No body for time fo that mannn"
    "Nobody" got time fo writing coherent sentences either lol

"My Samsung galaxy note2 already has this. Blackberry is late to the party....AGAIN!!"
    Uh... which Note2 do you have?
    01-17-13 10:01 AM
    On my playbook a rogers bb10 ad shows at the top every time I google "rimm".
    01-17-13 10:22 AM
    The most intelligent discussion about RIM and so forth usually occurs on analyst sites like Motley Fool or Seeking Alpha. On those sites the sentiment is overwhelmingly positive. Here's an example:
    A negative article on RIM with hundreds of rebuttal comments: Research In Motion: The Party Is Over... Sell Now - Seeking Alpha
    A positive article: Could RIM See $20 On BlackBerry 10 Launch? - Seeking Alpha
    A negative article with once again many rebuttals: Research In Motion's Stock Surge, And Why It's Not Here To Stay - Seeking Alpha
    Those are people who are literally putting their money where their mouth is. So I think it's probably more reasonable to trust their speculation rather than the hordes of people who just repeat the casette tape that is running in their head from the latest iPhone advertisement they happened to see.
    You might notice a known signature in these 3 .
    I can state I feel better than 6 months ago, when I had to fight against armies of aapl/win/andro-fans and RIM haters.
    Now I can start to get my time back, I believe
    01-17-13 10:31 AM
    It's about the right time for it. Everything is lining up at the pool. Time for RIM to do a cannonball and make a big splash!
    01-17-13 10:51 AM

That reminds me few years ago people say every mmo games are WoW clone and now is LoL clone, lol
    01-17-13 11:44 AM
    I read a comment the other day were someone was talking about a picture were just the static icons were shown.

Something to the effect of "woopty doo , an icon grid just like Apple and Android" "This is why RIM will never win...no innovation"" I don't want another android Apple clone"

I thought wow a lot of people don't know much more about BlackBerry10 than a picture showing the app grid. Can't wait until the 30th when the world will see the true power of BlackBerry10.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-17-13 12:04 PM
    Here are some pieces of gold from the comments on Facebook LOL

"A hub, sounds like a windows phone copy that runs android apps."

"Blaclberry? No body for time fo that mannn"
    "Nobody" got time fo writing coherent sentences either lol

"My Samsung galaxy note2 already has this. Blackberry is late to the party....AGAIN!!"
    Uh... which Note2 do you have?
    People don't read the fine print about that multi-window feature on note 2 lol, they can only run samsung apps not third party ones they download lol
    01-17-13 12:32 PM
    It's about the right time for it. Everything is lining up at the pool. Time for RIM to do a cannonball and make a big splash!
    01-17-13 12:35 PM
    I was just going to comment on this myself - a picture of a BB10 screenshot or something similar gets posted on FB by BlackBerry, and BLAM - haters come out of the woodwork, saying BB10 is a poor copy of iOS & Droid, several years too late, don't even know there's gonna be a QWERTY version....and just being plain stupid saying BB can suck their (testicles).

I'm not a big iPhone or Droid fan, but shyt - some of those people really need to get a life. End of the day, if they're so tied into their particular brand of phone that they feel threatened by a new OS or anyone who isn't in their phone's cult...well, they've got issues.
    01-18-13 05:52 PM
    Downright hostile, trashy comments on FB BlackBerry pages/shares.
    I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing?
    I mean, RIM must be trying to generate some social proof and word of mouth. But this FB campaign seems to be giving RIM (poor) word of mouth. People are trashing BlackBerry, slandering the brand.
    01-18-13 11:20 PM
    Downright hostile, trashy comments on FB BlackBerry pages/shares.
    I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing?
    I mean, RIM must be trying to generate some social proof and word of mouth. But this FB campaign seems to be giving RIM (poor) word of mouth. People are trashing BlackBerry, slandering the brand.
    Let them have all of the fun they want! Get it all out of their systems, because we all know what is soon to be unveiled for the entire world to see. The bashers are soon going to be eating their words. Pretty soon, many are going to be drinking the BB cool aid and liking it! I'm sure some of the haters will be too. Maybe not at first, but they will. RIM has too much positive things going for them right now, and many of them did not want to see them succeed, but they are going to be sadly disappointed when it is about to happen. It's time. It's RIM's time, and I BELIEVE
    G-bone likes this.
    01-18-13 11:44 PM
    I don't see anything that BB10 has copied. I only see things in BB10 that SHOULD be copied by others.
    01-19-13 12:26 AM
    I have been noticing that whenever there are sponsored post by RIM on fb, they usually get flamed to he1l.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    01-19-13 12:30 AM
    I have been noticing that whenever there are sponsored post by RIM on fb, they usually get flamed to he1l.

If that is the paid injections of posts that look like posts from "friends", then sure. I got one from MSFT advertising their phones and I put a swear storm in the comments. Facebook doesn't know their own model. Start injecting ads and they will have people walk.
    01-19-13 12:38 AM
    If that is the paid injections of posts that look like posts from "friends", then sure. I got one from MSFT advertising their phones and I put a swear storm in the comments. Facebook doesn't know their own model. Start injecting ads and they will have people walk.
    I guess that's partially what's taking place, but I think most of the bashing here has to do with genuine hate for the brand.

01-19-13 12:53 AM
    I don't see anything that BB10 has copied. I only see things in BB10 that SHOULD be copied by others.
    Well that copying is about to start, as I just read today that the new Samsungs that are going to be coming out are not going to have any buttons on their phones either. Word gets around pretty quick. That is why RIM needs to have the carriers release these phones ASAP without much more waiting
    01-19-13 01:00 AM
31 12