Is this possible? . This in th end of BlackBerry.
    Alcatel y BlackBerry podr�an aliarse para sacar, al menos, un gama media

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 01:28 PM
    This has been around for a while. I think there seems to be enough hints that it is probably true.

It actually seems to be a good phone, and will help BlackBerry get the price down closer to where it needs to be.

Foxconn, Wistron, Alcatel - what's the difference if it's built well, which it appears to be.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    Last edited by conite; 06-17-16 at 02:08 PM.
    Karan Riar likes this.
    06-17-16 01:39 PM
    Adol 4 with BB's software would be decent phone
    06-19-16 01:45 PM
    Adol 4 with BB's software would be decent phone
    It'll have BlackBerry software. DTEK and Hub.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-20-16 09:03 AM
    I think it's a smart move if they can take an off the shelf product and just rebrand it and install their software.

But BlackBerry's "Root of Trust" will that just be software from now on? Or will BlackBerry require some special hardware in their version of the Idol 4? Which will for the most part defeat the purpose of using an off the shelf product.
    06-20-16 09:18 AM
    Will it have a flashing LED light?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 10:34 AM
    I think it will be a decent phone.

With blackberry 's version of Android it will be secure too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-25-16 03:58 PM
    Will it have a flashing LED light?

Posted via CB10
    Alcaltel phones have a LED for notifications. I had a cheap one as a backup/replacement for when a smartphone got stolen. It even changed colours while charging to let you know when it was fully charged. Also BlackBerry designs the phone, Alcaltel will bring the sketch to life. Therefore, I'm pretty sure the LED will be there.

Posted via CB10 from Dante, a Red & BlackBerry Passport.
    06-25-16 10:50 PM
    BlackBerry can do whatever it wants, such as outsourcing designing and/or manufacturing the next Android phone to Alcatel. If BlackBerry decides it wants to jump start its making of BB10 devices, it can get Alcatel, Foxconn or whoever to make what BlackBerry designs. BFD!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    06-25-16 10:53 PM
    BlackBerry can do whatever it wants, such as outsourcing designing and/or manufacturing the next Android phone to Alcatel. If BlackBerry decides it wants to jump start its making of BB10 devices, it can get Alcatel, Foxconn or whoever to make what BlackBerry designs. BFD!

Posted via CB10 on my VZW Z30
    There is no blackberry design - it's just a rebadged Idol 4:

BlackBerry Hamburg could be called BlackBerry Neon, first press picture leaks - Pocket-lint
    06-30-16 05:46 AM
    Yes indeed.

I've seen several posts recently referring to BB's "design role" in relation to new phones. BB's involvement in "design" is zero... Unless deciding where to stick the BB pips on the back of someone else's phone has now become a part of the "design" process?
    DrBoomBotz, Avenzuno and dolco like this.
    07-01-16 04:39 AM
    Yes indeed.

I've seen several posts recently referring to BB's "design role" in relation to new phones. BB's involvement in "design" is zero... Unless deciding where to stick the BB pips on the back of someone else's phone has now become a part of the "design" process?
    Just think, if you buy your own stickers and put them on the back of an iphone, you can claim to be a designer!
    07-01-16 04:40 AM
    Just think, if you buy your own stickers and put them on the back of an iphone, you can claim to be a designer!
    I need a designer to help with the ones on the back of my Passport lol

Attachment 403241

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    cgk likes this.
    07-01-16 10:23 AM
    The real question is does BlackBerry's security just sit on top of anyone's hardware...
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-05-16 03:28 PM
    I need a designer to help with the ones on the back of my Passport lol

Attachment 403241

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Hey its that band from the 80's "A Flock of Tombstones".
    BarefootBerry likes this.
    07-05-16 04:00 PM
    Isn't this a Chinese company? I recall reading a thread where someone wouldn't buy a Nexus because it was manufactured by a Chinese company and they were worried that it might contain Chinese spyware or malware. Is that tinfoil hat thinking or is it a legitimate concern? Now I'm reading Hummingbad was created by a Chinese ad company.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:39 AM
    Isn't this a Chinese company? I recall reading a thread where someone wouldn't buy a Nexus because it was manufactured by a Chinese company and they were worried that it might contain Chinese spyware or malware. Is that tinfoil hat thinking or is it a legitimate concern? Now I'm reading Hummingbad was created by a Chinese ad company.

Posted via CB10
    People say all sorts of things.... but in the end where a smartphone was assembled has little meaning. It's where all the components were manufactured that really matters. Those guys in Mexico "making" a PRIV or Passport are just taking completed components made elsewhere and putting them together.
    07-06-16 09:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    If we all believe everything we read the world would have been long over.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 09:32 AM
    There is no blackberry design - it's just a rebadged Idol 4:

BlackBerry Hamburg could be called BlackBerry Neon, first press picture leaks - Pocket-lint
    BlackBerry is software company now!

Posted via Priv
    07-06-16 09:50 AM
    The real question is does BlackBerry's security just sit on top of anyone's hardware...
    It will be interesting to see if the phone has a hardware root of trust (ID chip) installed. That would be more than a rebadge/flash/sticker job.
    07-06-16 09:59 AM
    It will be interesting to see if the phone has a hardware root of trust (ID chip) installed. That would be more than a rebadge/flash/sticker job.
    But it would also probably mean changes that would reduce most of the "economy of scale" advantages of using an off the shelf product. If BlackBerry units require their own chipsets, their own production runs.... That will affect unit costs and inventory controls - we would be back to six month launch windows like with the PRIV.
    JeepBB and app_Developer like this.
    07-06-16 10:11 AM
    I recall a while back when posters here said that the Canadian government would never let BlackBerry sell their hand set division or that they would have to continue making BB10 devices for governments around the world.

There are a lot of myths here on CB but the biggest myths were :

1. BlackBerry failed due to poor marketing.
    2. Enterprise was chomping at bit to buy a PKB phone with a track pad.
    3. Somehow BlackBerry phones are better at communications.
    4. Keyboard shortcuts could be a differentiating factor that could help sales.
    5. That BlackBerry phones are more secure for consumers.
    6. BlackBerry phones have a better battery life.
    7. PKB phones could become popular again.
    8. BlackBerry phones are better built than other phones.
    9 . That BlackBerry could sell phones having no ecosystem or that the Cobalt solution is good enough.
    10. There is a market for a super wide phone.

At the end of the day what are the positives.

1. PKB
    2. Red binking light.
    3. VKB app
    4. Sensible clear graphics.
    5. Hub app
    6. Search device app.
    7. Good phone designs like the new Rome render.

Moving forward I hope that they can incorporate many more features from BB10 and BBOS Into their Android skin. I also hope that one day they sell a new small 9900 iconic device.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:20 AM
    Something I will buy for my dad

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 09:12 AM
    But it would also probably mean changes that would reduce most of the "economy of scale" advantages of using an off the shelf product. If BlackBerry units require their own chipsets, their own production runs.... That will affect unit costs and inventory controls - we would be back to six month launch windows like with the PRIV.
    BlackBerry has to sell a phone with security features that are equal to Knox.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 09:42 AM
    Equal or better than knox.
    07-07-16 09:43 AM
31 12