I was reading a RIM article, not sure if it was posted yet, but seems as though AIM/AOL Mail/ICO will be available on all carriers within the U.S. I know some users have posted success installing AIM on verizon Blackberries lately...

Anyone seeing this hurt JiveTalk a lot? Or is the interface too good not to pay $20/$30?

I will definitely use this as I don't use AIM much. A cool feature that I was reading was that it will integrate with your contacts within your address book.

Research In Motion

Good job RIM (lol, everyone time I say that it makes me laugh)
    09-10-08 08:14 AM
    In my opinion I don't see it hurting Bee Jive, there are people out there who use many IM programs at once and who really like Bee Jive. I have used both, and I do like the way it intigrates with the address book. I mainly use AIM and Google Talk, I use the seperate apps. and I really like the way they work.
    09-10-08 08:29 AM
    I prefer the tighter integration from the RIM client, since it ties in with the message list and address book.
    09-10-08 11:53 AM
    i tried both... i like both.... i think jivetalk is a little more "easy" on the eyes. Jivetalk is really colorful and flashy as to where the aim app is kind of old and dull looking. I do like how easy it is to send pictures to your aim contacts though. I never tried to do that with jive, so i dont know how that works... I would opt for the free aim from rim... works smoothly and its free.... and you just cant beat free :-P
    09-10-08 02:15 PM
    I love beejive don't see it effecting people who use 2 or more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD