"At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the company said it plans to take this cross-platform strategy a step further and bring the entire BlackBerry experience, including features like the much admired BlackBerry Hub and its virtual keyboard across to devices powered by rivals."

"This is just a very natural evolution of taking our OS, the surfaces and security layers around it and putting it on others' devices, so that our serviceable market is not only 'BlackBerry' devices, but all devices," said BlackBerry Chief Executive John Chen on a conference call with media, adding these features will likely be available on other devices toward the end of the year.

Also: "Samsung will sell BlackBerry products and services through Samsung Business Services, a portal that the world's largest cell phone maker has set up for its business clients."

However:
    "Chen stressed that BlackBerry is still committed to its own devices business, and the company is widely expected to unveil at least one new device and provide detail on its device roadmap at the Barcelona congress on Tuesday."

More info:

BlackBerry wants to bring its secret sauce to iPhone, Android - CNET

BlackBerry to broaden its cross-platform strategy | Reuters
    BergerKing, ami.one, tryfe and 2 others like this.
    03-01-15 12:52 PM
    **** just got real?
    03-01-15 01:22 PM
    Do any of us really care about this?

I want cool new phones, not this stuff.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and Mecca EL like this.
    03-01-15 01:29 PM
    Virtual keyboard bb10 on.................
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-01-15 01:37 PM
    NOOO how the hell are they gonna sell any devices.. people don't come to BlackBerry for the hardware.. we're all here for the OS.

BlackBerry is taking a huge gamble on the assumption that people will come to them for the physical keyboards (the only unique feature left)

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and dylship like this.
    03-01-15 01:38 PM
    Do any of us really care about this?

I want cool new phones, not this stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, really?

How many more clues can BlackBerry give pointing to the end of their hardware efforts?

The good news is that you may end up being able to have BlackBerry hub on your "cool new" Samsung GS6.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:40 PM
    I guess that's right. Well have a virtual BlackBerry on IOS or Android.

Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:43 PM
    John chen, wtf man?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:50 PM
    Wow... They really are commited to killing off BlackBerry 10 and hardware.

What will BB10 fans have to brag about now? Pretty much every single thing that supposedly makes BB10 such a great OS will now be availabe on Android and iOS. Will BlackBerry 10 still be "the ultimate communication tool!" now that Android and iOS have the Hub? What about that much loved virtual keyboard?

Crazyness. If I owned a Passport or a Classic, I would be pretty upset right now and would be selling them as soon as possible.
    03-01-15 01:51 PM
    On a side note, I am pretty excited to get the Hub onto my Sailfish phone. It will be just like having a BlackBerry 10 device except with better app support and multitasking.
    Mecca EL and JeepBB like this.
    03-01-15 01:53 PM
    Damn.. I don't see much good in this, if all the awesome features of BlackBerry go cross platform.. what's left for BlackBerry to stand out of the majority?

https://n4bb.com/blackberry-hub-nati...phone-android/

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport 
    03-01-15 01:55 PM
    What is apple and android doing in return for BlackBerry? Can BlackBerry charge apple and android like a boat ton of money for it?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:55 PM
    I guess it's a way of having people who don't even try to get a taste of BB10 and then move to real BlackBerry for security.

And removable batteries and cool chargers!
    03-01-15 01:59 PM
    Hmmm

A Samberry?

Posted via CB10
    currentodysseys likes this.
    03-01-15 01:59 PM
    Ha ha ha. I called this about three months ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=982266

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-15 02:00 PM
    Chen stressed that BlackBerry is still committed to its own devices business
    Liar.
    03-01-15 02:01 PM
    Deleted
    03-01-15 02:01 PM
    Kind of sad....:/
    The worst thing- they gonna work harder on the ios/android BB apps and we will still be waiting for a black hub, louder notifications....
    Magnetox, eldricho, Witmen and 3 others like this.
    03-01-15 02:03 PM
    Lol. Oh how the FUD is being slung today.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:09 PM
    Wow. This means that by the end of the year we could see a BlackBerry hub-enabled iPhone 6+S on the market. This, of course, means that BlackBerry hardware is likely either completely over or will be relegated to the low- to mid-tier offerings, right?
    JeepBB, dylship and Coachbulldog like this.
    03-01-15 02:20 PM

Crazyness. If I owned a Passport or a Classic, I would be pretty upset right now and would be selling them as soon as possible.
    I have one and I'm not upset. This writing has been on the wall for some time. Hopefully they hang in there and continue to offer devices, but I'm sure as hell not going to sell my Passport just due to this news. There are a lot more details to come with this I'm sure

Passport on AT&T
    03-01-15 02:23 PM
    Tuesday. I guess it's time for a full touch flagship.
    steakman911 likes this.
    03-01-15 02:26 PM
    Hopefully they hang in there and continue to offer devices....
    I am sure that they will continue to offer devices, at least until they are done selling the rest of their inventory of unused and outdated hardware components. After that? Who knows?
    03-01-15 02:28 PM
    The essence of BlackBerry coming to every device.

BlackBerry aggressively broadening its cross-platform strategy incl. BB Hub for iOS & Android!-img_20150301_153410.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:35 PM
    I said to my self that I will stay with BlackBerry when I upgrade later this year but I think going to android will be a better choice for me now

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    03-01-15 02:38 PM
152 123 ...