Post some of the worst accidents your phone has been through!

Recently, I was shaking up some "just add water-pancake mix" and the dang top exploded off and pancake mix went EVERYWHERE in my kitchen, INCLUDING ON MY BLACKBERRY CLASSIC! It was like a horror movie! Fortunately, my phone made it through!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    07-25-15 06:30 PM
    Blackberry is a very durable device. I treasure my two Q10s.
    07-25-15 06:40 PM
    My old Curve stood up to being dropped in mud, grease, cow and or chicken manure...I've spilled WD40 on it.. The thong lasted me over 2 years which a long time for me to have a phone.
    They don't build them like that anymore.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    user5240 and jmo712 like this.
    07-25-15 06:41 PM
    Passport is quite a hefty device, and I had shallow pockets, we were climbing out of a low profile car and passport took a dive!!! Fortunately I had the (much maligned) OEM flip case on that saved the passport from a screen first gravel kiss.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:03 PM
    I've had someone take my Torch and pretend through it out the window of a moving car and have it slip through their hands....

Seeing the Torch pinging around on the side of the road. Thankfully it was on the grassy side and very little scuffs and the screen was fine.

Torch rocked.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    07-25-15 07:10 PM
    My old Curve stood up to being dropped in mud, grease, cow and or chicken manure...I've spilled WD40 on it.. The thong lasted me over 2 years which a long time for me to have a phone.

Chicken manure lol?? I didn't know there was suck a thing..I def wouldn't want my phone to drop in it! I doubt I would even use it anymore after that! That is Blackberry Love right there lol!

HonnyBrown likes this.
    07-25-15 07:17 PM
    I've had someone take my Torch and pretend through it out the window of a moving car and have it slip through their hands....

Seeing the Torch pinging around on the side of the road. Thankfully it was on the grassy side and very little scuffs and the screen was fine.

Torch rocked.

Woooow, instant fight! Or at least a back-handed slap lol!

07-25-15 07:18 PM

They wanted to know about your BlackBerry not the curves in your thong.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:30 PM
    I dropped my storm 2 into a bowl of cereal in the middle of the night. The screen stopped working completely but I still clicked on the screen and made a phone call to my x girlfriends mother just before midnight and didn't even know about it. I went back to the storm until I got my insurance to replace it. And I get a call from an angry x girlfriend the following morning as to why I would call her mother late night and hang up on her when she finally answered. But we kept talking.

Long story short, it was the best phone call that phone ever made

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield and jmo712 like this.
    07-25-15 08:15 PM
    I dropped my storm 2 into a bowl of cereal in the middle of the night. The screen stopped working completely but I still clicked on the screen and made a phone call to my x girlfriends mother just before midnight and didn't even know about it. I went back to the storm until I got my insurance to replace it. And I get a call from an angry x girlfriend the following morning as to why I would call her mother late night and hang up on her when she finally answered. But we kept talking.

Long story short, it was the best phone call that phone ever made

Posted via CB10
    Great story lol! What happened to the Storm 2, did they replace it?

07-25-15 08:42 PM
    In 11th grade I got too drunk at my friends house and while going #1 and using my phone at the same time, accidentally dropped my Pearl 8110 in the toilet. Instant death. Told my parents the next day that it died because I took it into the shower to listen to music and the steam must have gotten to it.... And they bought it 💪
    07-25-15 08:59 PM
    Last week, I was playing around with my nieces and while sort of jumping out of a tent, my Z30 went flying out of my shorts pocket and over the deck railing to the cement below. It fell about ten feet down and 5 feet across. Landed face down with no case or screen protector and survived with only a couple scrapes. No cracked screen or anything. Pretty unbelievable.

Posted via CB10
    jmo712 likes this.
    07-26-15 09:41 AM
    I'm always dropping my blackberry. when I had the torch 9800 a ex thrown the phone out of the window (2nd floor). The screen was fine & only a few scuff marks.

i've always been impressed with BlackBerry build quality.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using CB Forums
    07-26-15 09:47 AM
    My worst was when I got caught in a downpour while walking across a very long parking lot (sports arena). I got completely drenched, like I had fallen into a lake. I took my 9700 out of my pocket and took it apart immediately. I ran to the concession stand to get napkins and there were none in the dispenser. I yelled that I needed napkins immediately and the stand worker took her sweet time getting some. She strolled to the counter and grabbed the dispenser to put the napkins in and I leaned over and swiped the napkins out of her hand. I wrapped up the pieces in individual napkins and stuck them in my bag. Lucky for me I got a free shirt at the event I was attending and after the rain passed I was able to run back to my car and get an extra pair of shorts I had. When I got home 4 hours later I inspected the pieces. They seemed to be dry and the water indicator stickers weren't red. I put the phone back together and turned it on. I got the white screen of death at first, but the phone was functional a few minutes later.
    jmo712 likes this.
    07-26-15 11:26 AM
    My 8330 was dropped and exploded and was put back together so many times I can't even pick an accident that caused me feelings of horror. It just always worked when put back together. I was very careful with my Torch, no accidents to speak of. I have dropped my Z10 twice in 2 years, my Passport never (knock on wood)

So the worst accident I have witnessed is my mom slamming her Q5 in my glove compartment. She must have pinched something as the right side of the screen stopped responding to touch after that. I replaced the screen and all was well.

She's got a Passport now. The warning has been made there will be no glove compartment incidents with this one. She made me get her a Tetded flip case and is very cautious with her new baby.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 12:13 PM
    Woooow, instant fight! Or at least a back-handed slap lol!

Needless to say, he was never spoken of again. Stamper took care of him.

07-26-15 01:12 PM
    Chicken manure lol?? I didn't know there was suck a thing..I def wouldn't want my phone to drop in it! I doubt I would even use it anymore after that! That is Blackberry Love right there lol!

I have a farming operation and I also truck cattle. I need my phone for my remote monitoring system for my barns, and while I'm on the road I need to be able to touch base with customers and delivery points. Also when I'm working on equipment, my phone is always on me.
    The Curve is the toughest I've had to date yet as far as smartphones go. As far as flip phones, I had an old Nokia that got beat up real good too. That one lasted me 2 1/2 years.
    I actually really like the Caterpillar phone. If this S4 decides it can't stand up to my environment then I'll be giving that a look see. Hopefully BlackBerry goodies will be available for it in app form.

07-26-15 01:59 PM
    They wanted to know about your BlackBerry not the curves in your thong.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry for the typo. And sorry to the moderators for anyone that may need counselling if they got a mental picture of that. Yikes!

07-26-15 02:03 PM
    My Q10 survived a fall into the toilet and several drops. My Z30 survived a fall face down in the middle of the road out my pocket while riding a bicycle in Florida. My Passport has survived to drops without a scratch.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 02:34 PM
    What's the question again?? LOL
    07-26-15 02:41 PM
    My Q10 survived a fall into the toilet and several drops. My Z30 survived a fall face down in the middle of the road out my pocket while riding a bicycle in Florida. My Passport has survived to drops without a scratch.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, I did the toilet thing too, but thankfully it was just the cordless house phone! Maaan, you should be treating that Passport like a newborn baby lol!

07-26-15 04:15 PM
    In 11th grade I got too drunk at my friends house and while going #1 and using my phone at the same time, accidentally dropped my Pearl 8110 in the toilet. Instant death. Told my parents the next day that it died because I took it into the shower to listen to music and the steam must have gotten to it.... And they bought it 💪
    Hate to tell you buddy, but your parents already knew what you did lol! They just assumed you were......well, you know lol.

07-26-15 04:18 PM
    Last week, I was playing around with my nieces and while sort of jumping out of a tent, my Z30 went flying out of my shorts pocket and over the deck railing to the cement below. It fell about ten feet down and 5 feet across. Landed face down with no case or screen protector and survived with only a couple scrapes. No cracked screen or anything. Pretty unbelievable.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao, that was like a movie scene! How did the phone jump out of the tent, over a deck railing, to face almost certain "gadget death", land on the face with no protection on cement..only to only have a scratch?? If somebody would have recorded that, it would have been a awesome-much needed commercial for BlackBerry lol!

07-26-15 04:22 PM
    I'm always dropping my blackberry. when I had the torch 9800 a ex thrown the phone out of the window (2nd floor). The screen was fine & only a few scuff marks.

i've always been impressed with BlackBerry build quality.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using CB Forums
    Lol, was she an "Ex" before or after the phone incident? I completely understand if she was an Ex on that very day, 5 mins after the throw lol!

07-26-15 04:24 PM
    My worst was when I got caught in a downpour while walking across a very long parking lot (sports arena). I got completely drenched, like I had fallen into a lake. I took my 9700 out of my pocket and took it apart immediately. I ran to the concession stand to get napkins and there were none in the dispenser. I yelled that I needed napkins immediately and the stand worker took her sweet time getting some. She strolled to the counter and grabbed the dispenser to put the napkins in and I leaned over and swiped the napkins out of her hand. I wrapped up the pieces in individual napkins and stuck them in my bag. Lucky for me I got a free shirt at the event I was attending and after the rain passed I was able to run back to my car and get an extra pair of shorts I had. When I got home 4 hours later I inspected the pieces. They seemed to be dry and the water indicator stickers weren't red. I put the phone back together and turned it on. I got the white screen of death at first, but the phone was functional a few minutes later.
    A true Blackberry underdog story lol. You were determined! The cherry on top would have been if all this happened in front of a iPhone owner, and after you got it all back together and working, you turn to the person and say, "can your iPhone to that"?? Cut..and Scene! Another great Blackberry Commercial!

HonnyBrown likes this.
    07-26-15 04:28 PM
59 123