"Earlier this week, there was a �report� published which basically suggested that BlackBerry phones sales had dried up in the UK and that the �expert� opinion was that BlackBerry were given a year to live, presumably as a smartphone maker."
    I read this this afternoon and I was stunned with the perception of a lot of enterprises look on Blackberry in the UK.

This article is simply superb and totally puts things in a different perspective that I haven't considered before. I think when I see BlackBerry sales figures in the next quarter, I will look at them with a different perspective.

BlackBerry are about more than smartphones, even their own | Rapid Mobile
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    07-14-16 04:01 PM
    In the late fall of 2013, when Chen had been with the company just over 30 days, he was already saying that he intended to make BB a software and service company that ALSO had some hardware. He has explained this in probably 50 interviews since then. It's just that a ton of people refused to listen or accept what he was saying, and continue to believe that BB is primarily, if not exclusively, a handset manufacturer.

For those who have been paying attention, this is almost 3-year-old information...
    07-14-16 05:13 PM
    I think most in enterprise that deal with BlackBerry on a day to day basis... probable understand where things are and where they are heading.

It's only on FAN sites that are basically centered on HARDWARE, where there are some that just don't want to accept the truth.

It's clear Chen is tired of talking about hardware.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-25-16 10:48 AM
    I think most in enterprise that deal with BlackBerry on a day to day basis... probable understand where things are and where they are heading.

It's only on FAN sites that are basically centered on HARDWARE, where there are some that just don't want to accept the truth.

It's clear Chen is tired of talking about hardware.
    BB will suffer a massive security breach at some point on Android or iOS, something with BBOS that never happened, and all them companies (whats left) will jump.

Its clear Chen has no idea what his customers got or wanted from BB - long before he joined up for his share options.
    08-08-16 10:29 PM
    BB will suffer a massive security breach at some point on Android or iOS, something with BBOS that never happened, and all them companies (whats left) will jump.

Its clear Chen has no idea what his customers got or wanted from BB - long before he joined up for his share options.
    Criminals are app developers. And like all the rest of the developers they are going to target marketshare. I know if I was going to hack cell phones I wouldn't focus any of my effort on 0.3% of the market.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-09-16 05:21 AM