I recently was looking at my phone and noticed that this water sensor was like this. I don't ever remember dropping it water or anything of the sorts, and the indicator on my battery is white as Snow. If there are any problems with it and I need to send it in, will this be enough for them to deny my claim and saying it was water damaged? ThanksBlackberry 9900 water indicator-blackberry.jpg
    01-27-13 02:05 PM
    You would probably have a problem if you had to send that in. Do you live or work in an environment with very high humidity? Do you constantly have your bb in the bathroom when you shower?
    01-27-13 02:16 PM
    Let me know if you need any of the tamper screw covers for warranty. I have a friend that borrowed these for me from a company here in Waterloo:

Blackberry 9900 water indicator-stickers.jpg
    jesse_h and jason9900 like this.
    01-27-13 02:23 PM
    I sometimes have it in the washroom, Its the only one that I can see of that is like that, all the other ones are white. Id be pissed if something that little gets an issue so I don't want to like commit fraud or anything but I'd probably by some stickers to replace that one or use that bleach trick if it still works.
    01-27-13 02:33 PM
    Let me know if you need any of the tamper screw covers for warranty. I have a friend that borrowed these for me from a company here in Waterloo:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stickers.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	132721
    I will thanks
    01-27-13 02:34 PM
    Any way to remove it? No way im getting screwed for something i didnt do
    01-27-13 04:57 PM
    First off, you should post this in the 99xx section, but, its a general BB problem, so you could just tell them that. There are two tapes, one on the inside as well. I believe that one is the one that really matters, you could tell them one humid day it turned slightly pink, but other than that....
    01-27-13 05:02 PM
    First off, you should post this in the 99xx section, but, its a general BB problem, so you could just tell them that. There are two tapes, one on the inside as well. I believe that one is the one that really matters, you could tell them one humid day it turned slightly pink, but other than that....
    Thanks for responding, but I want to know if there is a way so I don't have to explain it to them. I've never gotten this phone wet and I feel like this tiny bit of red will be the deal breaker if anything does go wrong with my phone.
    01-27-13 05:14 PM
    My water indicator went red yesterday and now the phone no longer works. BB was not anywhere close to water - and I have never had a problem with a BB before and have had different ones for about 7 years. I had the 9930 for about a year now. Anyone else having the problem of the indicator going red while for no apparent reason? Now my phone is not being covered by the warranty and it looks like I have no recourse - Doesn't seem right at all -
    01-28-13 12:43 PM