Just got backdoored on my brand new Blackberry 9900. Someone sent the following email from my Blackberry to my work email:

Subject: Thinking outload

From my blackberry
    ---

The email is sitting in my messages app, so it got sent thru my phone. I can take a pic of it later if you dont believe this.

I got the phone yesterday, upgraded to 7.0 Bundle 2392. I removed Facebook and a few other apps and installed a trial version of Astrasync.

Im pretty much scared as sh*t now, I feel like this is a huge security breach.
    02-28-12 12:37 PM
    You think they have access to your phone? Has it been acting weird at all?

Are there any unusual apps installed at all?

I think you are safe but more info would be great.
    02-28-12 12:42 PM
    It's gotta be an app. No way it's the BlackBerry operating system.
    02-28-12 12:45 PM
    Wipe it clean, see what happens. FYI, having an email sent from your phone doesn't necc. mean anything really, some crappy apps will send emails directly from your device without even asking... not the first time, won't be the last.
    02-28-12 12:46 PM
    Is it your phone, or your employer's phone? If it's your phone approved for use by your IT department, perhaps someone at your employer is playing games?
    02-28-12 01:05 PM
    ugh... i think a co worker rooted me. I swear, ive never been more angry/embarrassed...
    02-28-12 01:20 PM
    I think someone is just playing some jokes with you or it could be a application doing it.
    I though never ever had someone send me a message like that. I have plenty of applications and i have no problems with them.
    I wouldn't be too concerned about it, if you are, try not to put your private stuff on it to be safe and see what happens.
    02-28-12 01:27 PM
    Did you leave the device sitting around where someone could have access to it? Do you use a password?

If you use a password and lock the device, if someone else tries to use it, after 10 incorrect attempts at the password, the device will be wiped. As long as you have a backup, you will be able to restore it.
    02-28-12 01:30 PM
    Or does someone have access to your email account. Try changing your passwords first. If it continues, wipe and reinstall.
    02-28-12 02:10 PM
    ugh... i think a co worker rooted me. I swear, ive never been more angry/embarrassed...
    Maybe they were making a not so subtle suggestion to secure your phone.
    Kenya_M likes this.
    02-28-12 09:33 PM
    ^ this........

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD