Hi,

I�m based in the UK and owned a BB 9700 with Orange. My phone was stolen this evening. Once I discovered this I did the following in chronological order:

- Contacted my mobile provider and blocked the SIM. The phone is also blocked so new SIMS cannot be put in it.

- I logged into my BIS account and canceled all e-mail accounts synched to my BB

- I changed the passwords for all my e-mail accounts

- I had BB Facebook. I changed the e-mail account associated with FB and also the password

Can someone please confirm the following:

(1) When I deleted all my e-mail accounts on the BIS server will the e-mails be deleted automatically on the BB?
    (2) Since the internet on the phone can be used by connecting to wireless can whoever stole my phone still send e-mails (assuming the answer to (1) is No)
    (3) Same question as above but with BB Facebook � can they still access my Facebook account on my BB despite my changing the password and login e-mail via my laptop.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    07-13-11 05:05 PM
    1) No, the emails that are on your device will still remain.

2) if the user might be able to send web based emails, but if you reported the phone stolen they will not be able to use the standard messaging services.

3) facebook will give them an error as the password has changed.

Did you have BlackBerry Protect active? if you did you could have wiped the phone, or made it obnoxiously ring, or wipe it remotely.
    07-13-11 05:41 PM
    1) No, the emails that are on your device will still remain.

2) if the user might be able to send web based emails, but if you reported the phone stolen they will not be able to use the standard messaging services.

3) facebook will give them an error as the password has changed.

Did you have BlackBerry Protect active? if you did you could have wiped the phone, or made it obnoxiously ring, or wipe it remotely.
    Thanks for your advise.

I was under the impression that when you delete an e-mail from your BIS server it would automatically disappear (including e-mails) from the devise. I honestly remember seeing this happen when I first got the phone and was playing around synching and deleting different e-mails to the devise. May be I imagined it.
    07-13-11 05:49 PM
    BB Protect would have helped. GPS on, find it on a map and go round and beat the ******* who robbed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 05:51 PM
    BB Protect would have helped. GPS on, find it on a map and go round and beat the ******* who robbed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

but remember that if the phone is off it doesnt help, and most robbers are smart enough to pull the batt and sim.
    07-13-11 06:09 PM
    The sim and the device has been blocked by my mobile provider.
    07-13-11 06:30 PM
    The sim and the device has been blocked by my mobile provider.
    yes, i understand that.
    07-13-11 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD