Images were taken from HowardForums:

12-25-08 12:18 AM
    Wow!! Just when I was about to give up and go with the Javelin with T-Mobile.

Considering Rogers is getting it H1 of '09, could I assume T-Mobile will also be getting it mid-2009?
    12-25-08 12:39 AM
    Wow!! Just when I was about to give up and go with the Javelin with T-Mobile.

Considering Rogers is getting it H1 of '09, could I assume T-Mobile will also be getting it mid-2009?
    I have absolutely no idea! LOL...i just figured I'd pass on the information
    12-25-08 12:44 AM
    12-25-08 12:48 AM
    Thanks man! This changes a lot. Where did you find it?

edit: I see from HoFo
    12-25-08 12:49 AM
    Wow...I guess it CAN have wifi!
    12-25-08 01:15 AM
    Wow...I guess it CAN have wifi!
    Releasing an advanced touchscreen world phone without wifi is a Verizon thing.
    12-25-08 02:01 AM
    Its going to be pretty sweet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-08 07:17 AM
    That's pretty interesting. Nice find!
    I like the included Wi-Fi, something Verizon should have included. And yeah I understand the whole EV-DO network is as fast as Wi-Fi. But not in all areas. So wi-fi should have been inculded. IMO.

12-25-08 07:24 AM
    I like the included Wi-Fi, something Verizon should have included. And yeah I understand the whole EV-DO network is as fast as Wi-Fi. But not in all areas. So wi-fi should have been inculded. IMO.
    +1.....I don't have EV-DO in all the areas that I go....In some areas I don't even get 1X......but in those areas, they do have wi-fi (ie: visiting family).

As usual, Verizon is able to capture something that has great revenue potential for them, but they will eventually fall behind once again due to their arrogance, or maybe that's ignorance......Reckon they've ever done a customer survey
    12-25-08 07:38 AM
    I think its a little bit of both. they are so confident with there EV-DO network speeds. That they don't see Wi-Fi as a needed option, but people like having options and in less ideal areas Wi-Fi would be huge. As you already pointed out.

12-25-08 07:54 AM
    That's pretty interesting. Nice find!

EV-DO is not at fast as WiFi. Both EV-Do and HSPA (which reaches speeds faster than EV-DO) do not reach the speeds that WiFi is capable of.

12-25-08 09:06 AM
    I just realized that there are two amounts for a 3-year activation...

Would that be one for new and one for existing activiations?

Hmm...gift card usage could come in...
    12-25-08 11:01 AM
    A 3g tmobile storm with wifi/uma would be incredible. Or maybe the bold with uma/aws. Hurry up tmo/rimm!
    12-26-08 03:01 PM
    i have a storm(9530).....what will wifi do? i get internet already everywhere
    12-26-08 08:26 PM
    For those who have data plans that are...well...maybe not unlimited (or close to it) or don't have data...it will play a part.
    12-26-08 08:45 PM
    i understand you feel silly knowing a better phone than the verizon crippled offering is coming out....dont make yourself look silly with the i have internet everywhere nonsense
    i have 3G and WiFi right now....every chance i get i'm on WiFi because its at least 5 times faster than 3G(i have excellent 3G coverage where i roam)
    i can visit ANY website on my Bold with WiFi..doesnt have to be a Mobile site..sour grapes is what i hear from you
    12-26-08 10:35 PM
    I'm not sure why wifi is always said to be fast.

Wifi is only as fast as the network you are getting your connection from. If someone put their 56k modem on a wireless network for wifi, 3g and EVDO would be faster.

This is never the case, but even on high speed, if there are 15 different computers using the connection, the speed won't be as fast.

Anywho, wifi is great to have and I can't wait until this device is released.
    12-26-08 11:14 PM
    Just like you say wifi can be slow, so can your mobile networks internet connection!!!!!!!!!!
    12-27-08 05:20 PM
    For me the wifi is just an added bonus, of free internet, I already run a 6 gig package for data but its nice to know when I am in a wifi area, I am saving and do all the internet I like ...it will be very nice if this does come to life
    12-29-08 07:17 AM
    very nice find
    12-29-08 07:24 AM
    I can't wait until this comes out.

Wonder how far until it comes to AT&T.

Anyone know if we can unlock this one and use it on AT&T?
    12-29-08 12:00 PM
    I'd be shocked if RIM did not have GPS and Wi-Fi on the GSM Storm device given the recent trend toward including both since the Bold, but that HSPA Storm makes no mention of it and also, won't likely hit T-Mo given that they're not using HSPA for their 3G, are they? Would this be able to wok on the AWS? If not, it's a real shame...

Lastly, and thinking out loud, I'd love to see Vz open up the GPS on the Storm as they recently did for the previous XX30 (Verizon Wireless has unlocked the GPS on the 8330 Curve and the 8130 Pearl? : Boy Genius Report) series devices they offer; that'd be a fair trade off for me. Seem to be mixed reviews on if/when this'll happen. (http://is.gd/e1Ye)
    12-29-08 01:25 PM
    I'd be surprised if it didnt include GPS. They will take out the CDMA chips and put the Wi-Fi in instead (my opinion) and therefore there should still be GPS. As for AWS, its easy for them to make it work with T-Mobile's 3G as they would just change the 3G bands to AWS. If T-Mobile are to carry it I'm sure they would do that. The only is if T-Mobile will carry it...
    12-29-08 06:22 PM
    I wish Verizon would come out with wi-fi
    12-29-08 08:01 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD