Well folks the initial details have been leaked. What do you think? If the device does indeed have the large display, does that mean no more keyboard? Is RIM working on a touchscreen as-needed keyboard like the iPhone? Lots of things to discuss here... lets get started!
    11-30-07 12:58 PM
    initial impression: too I-phony.

If this is the direction of smartphones....it's going to be quite an adjustment for me.

I'm don't like the idea of being touchy-touchy with my screen, so I'm really hoping they'll do an outstanding job on the keyboard.

screen size is great. Speed is also nice to hear about.
    11-30-07 01:10 PM
    as posted on the front page my thoughts...

Internal pictures of the device or it doesn't exist for me,BGR has pulled this before still failing to produce any sort of internal spec sheet or pictures...or any other documentation for that matter...just words on my monitor at the moment, which overall mean NOTHING to me.
    11-30-07 01:15 PM
    i would like the large screen. i would like the touch functionality. i must have the keyboard b/c i have large hands and fat fingers. i have played the iphone and it is overrated. I will admit the iphone has set a new trend for smartphones. .
    11-30-07 01:28 PM
    What about the "roll under" keyboard that RIM filed a patent app for a week or so ago?
    11-30-07 01:40 PM
    from the appearance, it looks like great eye candy. Let's just hope the functionality of it will far surpass. I sure need a new device to replace my Treo 680
    11-30-07 01:42 PM
    That might be the ticket. A full touch-screen device, with a roll-under keyboard for typing. The best of both worlds?
    11-30-07 01:42 PM
    can't wait to get my hands on one to test it out and the Treo will become a foreign name to me
    11-30-07 01:59 PM
    Whatever it is, I bet crackberry addicts are going to get one. I know I will And I know one person guaranteed who is getting one, kasperapd!
    11-30-07 02:06 PM
    I personally think the phone is SLICK. Just as long as it still functions like a normal BB and not the iphone it could be one of the best BB to date. I would definitely buy it, and wouldn’t even be worried. RIM and BB always make sure before they release a phone that everything is working properly and they don’t just rush a phone on the selves for sales and financial purposes (unlike Apple).
    11-30-07 02:17 PM
    I say the photo's a fake looks like a 8800 bb that was photoshoped to me if you look close you can make out where the keys were, personaly I hope they do put a bigger display on it wraped pages are kind of a pain, but no way i would get one if it didn't have a hard keypad.
    11-30-07 02:29 PM
    This news has me really excited!!!!
    11-30-07 02:32 PM
    Touchscreen & keyboard .... been there done that (well it was a slide out keyboard) but I feel if RIM can incorporate those 'features' plus its current magnificent features into 1 device well hot diggity dog, I'll for sure try it!!
    11-30-07 02:40 PM
    That is the same photo mockup they've posted in the past. BGR is saying nothing official about this device except some fairly obvious specs. I don't think they're pretending to say anything more than that.
    11-30-07 03:02 PM
    That is the same photo mockup they've posted in the past. BGR is saying nothing official about this device except some fairly obvious specs. I don't think they're pretending to say anything more than that.
    BGR definitely put a disclaimer on the photo as not real. I do think, however, no matter the direction RIM takes, the device will be what we have come to expect in a blackberry.
    11-30-07 03:38 PM
    I like it! I'm definitely going to get one. However I prefer a keyboard, I'm not sure I can handle a touch keyboard no matter how intuitive it is.
    11-30-07 04:03 PM
    Heres the link to what the "roll under" keyboard is in case anyones wondering (like I did)

NerdwithSwag.com � Blog Archive � RIM latest patent… Rolling keyboard?
    11-30-07 04:20 PM
    I'd like to know why people are saying the phone is "nice looking" and "slick"...the pictures are mock ups, their NOT real lol

hence my previous statement, no internal pics from RIM, no other documentation to indicate ANY of these words are legit...vaporware until then.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-30-07 at 04:47 PM.
    11-30-07 04:45 PM
    I would have to test it out 1st. I am not to hype over a touchscreen, had one b/4..it is not worth all the hype.
    11-30-07 05:43 PM
    At first I didn't want anything to do with this phone...but since I saw that rolling keyboard thing I am softening up. Plus this will make other BB's cheaper!
    11-30-07 06:06 PM
    First I have to say that I am happy that RIM is going to be adding this device to their line up to give them more money so they are that much more closer to world domination!! I do tho have to say that I am disappointed! I mean, REALLY? Thats not a BlackBerry! That looks like a version of a Iphone and that saddens me! Why change what BlackBerrys look like? I mean you couldn't make a touchscreen(if it in fact is a touchscreen) on a Curve? I just hate to see the design of BlackBerrys change so much! I will prolly get one once the CDMA carriers get it. It just makes me miss my 8703 more and more. I know that just because this is coming out that the 8800 series, Curve, and Pearl are not going to be "faded" out, but I just like that you can look at the BlackBerrys of now and know that they are BlackBerrys, VS the 9000 you have to double look to make sure its not a Iphone. Thank you for letting me vent! I'll shut up now and sit back and read the responses to my venting!

Click
    11-30-07 07:21 PM
    Edit.......
    Last edited by Jamdiver; 07-16-08 at 03:22 PM. Reason: EDIT
    11-30-07 07:28 PM
    I am interested to see what the 9000 turns out to be. I gave up my iPhone for performance and build issues, that had nothing to do with the touchscreen and keypad...so, if BlackBerry can still be a rock-solid performer with and improved UI and touchscreen display...I am 100% a player.

But, the obviously photoshopped image displayed by BGR doesn't prove anything. It may look totally different in production.

I can't wait!!
    11-30-07 10:09 PM
    Wow, It looks awesome....Love the idea of a larger keyboard especially if it can sense which way you are holding it. Would still prefer the keyboard like my 8800 though.
    12-02-07 07:52 PM
    First I have to say that I am happy that RIM is going to be adding this device to their line up to give them more money so they are that much more closer to world domination!! I do tho have to say that I am disappointed! I mean, REALLY? Thats not a BlackBerry! That looks like a version of a Iphone and that saddens me! Why change what BlackBerrys look like? I mean you couldn't make a touchscreen(if it in fact is a touchscreen) on a Curve? I just hate to see the design of BlackBerrys change so much! I will prolly get one once the CDMA carriers get it. It just makes me miss my 8703 more and more. I know that just because this is coming out that the 8800 series, Curve, and Pearl are not going to be "faded" out, but I just like that you can look at the BlackBerrys of now and know that they are BlackBerrys, VS the 9000 you have to double look to make sure its not a Iphone. Thank you for letting me vent! I'll shut up now and sit back and read the responses to my venting!

Click

I TOTALLY agree with you... I like the way blackberrys look because, regardless of the fine tuning that has brought us to the awsome Curve, you see a BB and you know it IS in fact a BB. I have an ipod touch and didn't even think about an iphone because I love my BB and the way it looks... well, enough of my venting now... Peace to all!!!
    12-02-07 11:15 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD