Wow... the 8820 is shaping up to be one slick device... My 8800 is great, but I always wished it had Wi-Fi. Looks like the 8820 is going to solve that problem...

Wi-Fi AND GPS! Woohoo!
    08-07-07 10:13 AM
    Does Rogers have a UMA network like T-Mobile?
    08-07-07 10:15 AM
    Rogers backs WiFi service with their regular data if thats what you mean, my friend bought a Dash from them used a ton of data while sitting in his living room using his router and was still charged from rogers because they stated in order to speed up the wifi they use the regular data as a fallback while using wifi, not entirely sure if thats the answer you were looking for or if it's even related to your comment, but whatever, I get a cookie for trying :P
    08-28-07 10:50 PM
    If I buy an unlocked Blackberry 8820 from AT&T next week will the wifi feature work with a T-mobile wifi plan. The wifi plan that I am talking about is the plan that T-mobile is offering with their wifi phones(free incoming and outcoming calls at home while using a wifi connection via your router).
    08-28-07 11:14 PM
    The UMO make it count as DATA in plans I guess... but I guess if I use a unlocked phone to work with a voice only plan, then configure wifi to work in my house... will it work?
    Or do I have to activate data in order to have wifi to work?
    I read something like this, that wifi was only enable if you have data enabled (data plan).... this would be anoying
    08-29-07 08:03 AM
    UMA, I meant :P
    nobody can answer?
    09-04-07 12:25 PM
    With the 8820 and AT&T service will I be able to use the wifi to make calls via the wifi with out it counting against my minutes?
    09-04-07 05:46 PM
    No, not at this time.
    09-04-07 06:42 PM
    If I buy an unlocked Blackberry 8820 from AT&T next week will the wifi feature work with a T-mobile wifi plan. The wifi plan that I am talking about is the plan that T-mobile is offering with their wifi phones(free incoming and outcoming calls at home while using a wifi connection via your router).
    no it will not work.
    UMA is hardware/software combo not just wifi or else the wing/dash would be considered @home phones which they are not
    the 8320 is supposed to be coming out sometime for us with @home on it with wifi n everything the 8820 has also att does not have 8820 they have 8800 the 8820 is the European version and it does support uma
    09-05-07 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD