and does not turn on.. .do you think this a battery issue?

it did this yesterday and the blackberry was fully powered and suddently it went dead. i pulled out the battery and put it back again and red light briefly stays on then goes dead...

this morning my blackberry alarm did go on....
    is the blackberry dead or is the battery dead?

can someone please advise?
    tks!
    02-08-09 03:11 AM
    Try to take the battery out of the phone and plug it up to power. If it works well and as it should I would say your battery is shot.

How old is the battery?
    02-08-09 03:14 AM
    the battery is as old as the bberry itself which is about 2 yrs
    02-08-09 03:16 AM
    Battery needs to be replaced.......You can still try the suggestion above though 2 years is long enough.......

Welcome to CrackBerry
    02-08-09 03:19 AM
    thanks again..
    i just took out the battery and plugged in the power and the red light came on just briefly and the bbery itself has not come on... should i be worried? is this just a battery issue or u think the bberry is dead?
    02-08-09 03:25 AM
    btw, in the interest of full disclosure - this bberry did fall in the water about 6 months ago... i resuscitated it and it came back to life a few days later.. could this be causing the problem?

also, i experienced the red light issue about 2 months ago but it started working fine again..
    thank U!
    02-08-09 03:28 AM
    Odd - when I take my battery out and plug into power it will stay on with a no battery pic on screen. I really am not sure if its a dead berry, corrupted OS, or dead battery. Hopefully one of the regulars with more experience will pop in and assist ya

Best of luck

EDIT: Yes water could be causing this issue which makes a little more sense to my limited knowledge. Internal corrosion could be the cause of this......

Lets see what the gurus here @ CB think.....
    02-08-09 03:33 AM
    thanks again for your help.
    02-08-09 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD