I did a search and wasn't able to find anyone else talking about using windows 7 with their blackberry. I can get it to show as a modem and can get it to connect to the computer but it will not sync and does not show in device manager as a blackberry. Anyone else using windows 7 that has any suggestions or anyone that is willing to work with me to figure this out? I am working on a solution myself right now.

***Answer*** "I found the answer just in case anyone else needs it to help them along. Obviously you will need a version of the Desktop Manager that is compatible with Vista You will have to right click the shortcut that is located in all programs of the start menu and then select properties. Then in the properties menu you will need to click the Compatibility tab. Then you need to check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and then select Vista in the drop down box. "
    If it doesn't sync the first time then close the Desktop Manager and then try it again.

I should've thought about this in the first place but sometimes you overlook the easiest stuff. But maybe this will help someone without technical skills.
    Last edited by onedoteight; 01-11-09 at 04:10 PM. Reason: figured out the fix
    01-11-09 03:37 PM
    Anyone using Windows 7 at this point without "technical skills" would be a fool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 08:51 PM
    Anyone using Windows 7 at this point without "technical skills" would be a fool.
    Yes that would be true!!!! LOL
    01-12-09 11:49 AM
    I guess I am a fool then, i installed Windows 7 on my laptop running vista and it has worked flawlessly and my blackberry sync's no problem to outlook. Also I'm no computer genius.
    01-12-09 03:14 PM
    I did a search and wasn't able to find anyone else talking about using windows 7 with their blackberry. I can get it to show as a modem and can get it to connect to the computer but it will not sync and does not show in device manager as a blackberry. Anyone else using windows 7 that has any suggestions or anyone that is willing to work with me to figure this out? I am working on a solution myself right now.

***Answer*** "I found the answer just in case anyone else needs it to help them along. Obviously you will need a version of the Desktop Manager that is compatible with Vista You will have to right click the shortcut that is located in all programs of the start menu and then select properties. Then in the properties menu you will need to click the Compatibility tab. Then you need to check the box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and then select Vista in the drop down box. "
    If it doesn't sync the first time then close the Desktop Manager and then try it again.

I should've thought about this in the first place but sometimes you overlook the easiest stuff. But maybe this will help someone without technical skills.

Greate to hear that it works.

What type of Bluetooth device do you have.
    What DM Version do you use. 4.6 / 4.7/ 5.08?
    What Windows 7 Version do you use ? x32 /X64 .7100?
    Are you also running the DM with admin rights?

Cheers
    Rar9
    06-14-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD