I'm using a new blackberry 8320. Once I connect it to my Buffalo (brand) router, the BB screen simply shuts off and a red light turns on. But when I'm at my friend's house, I can connect without that problem.

I'm using a cable internet service.

How can I find a solution to this? Thanks!!
    05-11-08 01:25 PM
    What security type are you using (if any?)
    WEP WPA TKIP AES

Is your friends access point secured?

Have you tried connecting on a public network that wasn't secured? What happened?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 01:30 PM
    Also, is the SSID broadcasted or hidden? On which routers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 01:31 PM
    I'm using a new blackberry 8320. Once I connect it to my Buffalo (brand) router, the BB screen simply shuts off and a red light turns on. But when I'm at my friend's house, I can connect without that problem.

I'm using a cable internet service.

How can I find a solution to this? Thanks!!
    If it works correctly with an Open setup, there must be a problem with your Router.

First, insure your Router is 802.11g compatible. If not, you will need to upgrade.

Second, reset your Router to the factory defaults. Usually a button on the front panel.

Try to connect with Open. If you can't get an Open connections, it is not a security issue.

Linksys Routers are recommended by T-Mobile and are available everywhere.
    05-11-08 02:52 PM
    I am having the exact same problem and it all started when I got my brand new BUFFALO NFinniti router.
    Every other WiFi device works without a problem except the BB WiFi.
    05-11-08 10:03 PM
    same exact router, same exact problem "hookedonbb"

yeah my friends router are all secure.

I connect fine on my Itouch, PS3, and Nintendo DS. I'm going do what you said "Stoner"

thanks for all the comments and help.
    05-12-08 10:34 AM
    I'm having the same issues. I can connect to other networks just, not my own...

I just installed a Belkin N wireless router and have not set up any security. When I try to connect, the blackberry shuts off with a red light, and then gives me the hour glass for 5 minutes before starting. If I don't turn of the WiFi, it keeps cycling like this and goes througfh a security verifyication?

Please help!
    05-19-08 02:57 PM
    I was having this problem with a Motorola cable modem/wireless gateway. I bougt a Linksys WRT54GS router and it doesn't happen anymore.
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere here on the forums that the N router isn't compatible. you might want to try searching the forums. Good luck.
    05-19-08 03:02 PM
    I'm having the same issues. I can connect to other networks just, not my own...

I just installed a Belkin N wireless router and have not set up any security. When I try to connect, the blackberry shuts off with a red light, and then gives me the hour glass for 5 minutes before starting. If I don't turn of the WiFi, it keeps cycling like this and goes througfh a security verifyication?

Please help!
    Your BlackBerry need 802.11g. You should be able to set that option on your router.
    05-19-08 05:05 PM
    Well I Found A Solution For The Belkin N Router.

Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphones cannot connect to Belkin N Wireless Routers and Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Routers

Doc ID : KB14677
    Last Modified : 2008-01-09
    Document Type : Support

Environment

* BlackBerry smartphone
    * SDR149479

Problem

Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphones cannot connect to Belkin N Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8233-4) and Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Routers (Model: F5D8232-4). The Wi-Fi enabled BlackBerry smartphone shuts down and restarts repeatedly when attempting to connect to the Belkin wireless router.

Resolution

Note: The resolution to this issue may not be available from all wireless service providers.
    To resolve this issue, upgrade to BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.338 or later. For instructions, see KB03621.

Additional Information

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2.338 consists of the following:

* Applications 4.2.2.184
    * Software Platform 2.5.0.40

Note: The Applications and Software Platform version numbers are found on the About screen in Options on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Basically you HAVE to upgrade your Blackberry Software.

I Have a Blackberry Curve 8320 with Beta 4.5.0.37 and NOW my Belkin N Router works without a problem.

So its not the router ITS the phone.
    Last edited by SebasC; 05-25-08 at 12:09 PM.
    05-25-08 12:06 PM
    how do you shut off the wifi when it keeps going through the cycle on and off
    03-24-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD