My daughter was given a blackberry 8130 a couple of months ago. It is basically used just for calls, address book and mp3. She is not hooked up to the web. Recently the stupid thing has frozen. I have done a system reset and now it will let you scroll apps but won't let you choose any. And when a call comes in you can see who is calling but it won't let you answer. I am about to toss the stupid thing out the window!
    06-01-09 09:29 PM
    What's your definition of a system reset?

Pull the battery with the power still on. Leave the battery out about 10 mins, then put the battery back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 10:03 PM
    I have pulled the battery out several times. When that didn't work I was able to reset it back to factory settings. Still nothing.
    06-02-09 07:31 AM
    when you say you can scroll the ball but you cannot click on any aps, could it be because the trackball is dusty on the inside (like a computer mouse) ? I have found that this happens to my 8130 every few months, the silver ring around the trackball pops right out and then just blow the dust out of there and clean up the trackball piece after you take it out.
    06-02-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD