Am starting my new job soon and the company use Blackberry. I cannot use my private iPhone on their corporate network. So it means I need to choose a Blackberry.

I did a quick search on the Internet and think that Bold 9900 is best at present. But have been warned about the very poor battery life. What does anyone else suggest?

The way I see it I would only use it for calls, SMS/BBM and emails/calendar/contacts. Everything else will use my iPhone.

Thanks in advance!
    07-19-12 07:36 PM
    If I was forced to swap my iPhone for a BlackBerry it would be the Torch, but most people around here will recommend you go with the Bold. You could always keep a spare battery.
    07-19-12 07:39 PM
    99xx series is a great phone its what i would pick heck its what i got now lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-19-12 07:48 PM
    Bold, I get a full day out of my 9930 and use it a lot, after a 12 hour day I'm at 38-40 percent.
    07-19-12 07:49 PM
    Check screen brightness and Backlight timeout. These two setting can drastically affect battery life.

Other than that I enjoy my Bold 9930.
    07-19-12 08:06 PM
    9700 or 9780

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    07-19-12 08:22 PM
    I would stay with any of the OS 7 devices that are available. The new Bold or Torch are probably your best bet. The bold offers a awesome physical keyboard while the torch has a nice touch screen. Whichever you choose they are both great devices.
    07-19-12 08:26 PM
    If you like the bigger size keyboard: 9900

If you like the smaller size keyboard: 9790
    07-19-12 08:32 PM
    The 9930 is a breeze to type on and has a nice screen although a little small, but having the touch screen helps with that for browsing, etc. Battery life is not as bad as advertised. I easily get a day out of mine with pretty heavy use.
    07-19-12 09:04 PM
    The 99XX is a great device and I would recommend it over anyother BB right now. If you're paying for the phone and all you plan to use is email, BBM, etc. then stick with a Curve 93XX with OS7 to save yourself some money.
    07-19-12 09:23 PM
    The way I see it I would only use it for calls, SMS/BBM and emails/calendar/contacts. Everything else will use my iPhone.
    Thanks in advance!
    97xx series for sure. Superior battery life to the 99xx series, and if that is all you are using it for, it will be perfect. If you were going to be browsing the web, I would say 99xx series.
    07-19-12 09:25 PM
    Don't get the Torch 9860 as you will complain about the virtual keyboard.

Try the Torch 9810 if you want a bigger screen, and BB9900 (which is what I've got) if you want superior keyboard, superior screen and a complete Blackberry experience.
    07-19-12 10:22 PM
    doing what you mentioned, and it just being during work ours- the 9900 should suit you just fine. will be able to last that those hours, and I think you'll enjoy it thoroughly. good luck at your new job!
    07-19-12 11:04 PM
    I'd recommend the 9320. You intend to use the iPhone for everything else so you don't need a super high end model, and the 9320 is basically the essence of what truly is BlackBerry refined.
    07-19-12 11:21 PM
    thanks for everyone's suggestions to date.

given I will use my iPhone for most of the smartphone features I don't need the the high end models. But given that its my company paying for this maybe I should go for 99XX as it has a bigger keyboard for my large hands, plus screen is bigger, better processor, etc. The main issue is battery life which I keep on hearing a lot about. Realistically though my phone is generally always charged in office, home and car so shouldn't be a problem. What about 9790 or 9360?
    07-20-12 01:33 AM
    thanks for everyone's suggestions to date.

given I will use my iPhone for most of the smartphone features I don't need the the high end models. But given that its my company paying for this maybe I should go for 99XX as it has a bigger keyboard for my large hands, plus screen is bigger, better processor, etc. The main issue is battery life which I keep on hearing a lot about. Realistically though my phone is generally always charged in office, home and car so shouldn't be a problem. What about 9790 or 9360?
    I've found the 9900s battery life being somewhat average compared to other last years smartphone models. Good thing is you can swap batteries easily if things could get really heavy. An additional battery with external charger doesn't cost much on Amazon. Despite that, my Bold usually lasts me a a complete work day without problems. Things can get ugly if you do a lot of browsing or phone calls in poorly covered areas - but this happens with every other phone too.

The 9790 is slightly less powerfull than the 9900 (1 GHz CPU instead of 1,2 GHz), other than that it is smaller and lighter. If you care for a more portable, small device, the 9790 would be good thing to look at. It also features an AF camera, while the 9900 just uses an EDOF one.
    The 9360 basicly is an entry level device, battery life *should* be worse than the Bolds (1000mAH compared to 1200mAH), however the slower CPU speed of 800 MHz and the smaller screenresolution might lighten that up a bit. If your company pays anyways, I'd rather get the 9790 if you care for a small, lightweight device. Reasons are: Touchscreen, battery life, processing power, better keyboard and I guess build quality.
    07-20-12 02:12 AM
    The 9360 is awesome. I'm using it as mine. It's VERY tiny.

I just didn't mention it because it has lower than average battery life (due to it having a really tiny battery)
    07-20-12 02:39 AM
    Use the bold. Just carry one or two spare batteries. I mean the batteries are pretty tiny. It takes all of 1-2 minutes to swap and reboot. You see tons of annoying whining on here about something which is a non issue if spare batteries are used.
    Sent from my flip-phone.
    07-20-12 03:09 AM
    Well in terms of battery life the new entry-level Curve 9320 might be the best choice: it has a decent 1450mAH battery compared to 1200mAH of both Bolds or 1000mAH of the 9360. However the screen resolution is on the weak side.
    07-20-12 04:17 AM
    I have a 9360 and is a very good device for the price you get a lot for your money. And people go on about the battery life of it but it is not that bad as people make it out 2 be just have 2 update it 2 os 7.1 then its allrite. It has a nice design nice and sleek great keyboard decent camera etc.
    07-20-12 07:17 AM
    I am returning to blackberry  and switched from a 9650 to a 9930 and I love it. I sold my iPhone 4s for the 9650 and am happy to switch back to  they are great phones and I cannot get enough of them. I would say the 9930 because the keyboard is wonderful and the touch screen helps when veiwing and scrolling through emails.
    07-20-12 09:11 AM
    The 9320 seems like the best bet for you. You said it yourself you have an iPhone for everything else you just need this to work for calls, texts, etc. No need to go extra when that model will do all you need and probably offer the best battery life. I think its battery is actually stronger than the one in my 9860 and I get a good two days out of my phone.
    07-20-12 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD