i am new to this forum, and i do not own a Blackberry as of yet. i have an android (Samsung Intercept) through Virgin Mobile. the phone is okay. it used to have fairly good batter-life until a mandatory software upgrade trashed it.

i do not need or want a toy. i seldomly take pictures, no desire to create video (though i do believe the Intercept is capable) i do not play games, and could care less about using my telephone for watching movies or listening to music. i want a mobile telephone with great reception, call quality, the ability to check emails, and do some texting. oh and battery life (can get through a day or more of moderate use on a charge) is important.

i do not want a contract service so i have been looking at Boost Mobile and their new Blackberry service. But I really like the LOOK of the Bold 9790. i would buy that unlocked and use T-Mobiles pre-paid service (providing i am able). i do have some concerns with that plan though:

1) the cost of the phone
    2) GSM (i understand here in the states GSM has less coverage)

any feedback/thoughts/recommendations are welcome and highly sought.

thanks,

Mike
    07-12-12 04:09 PM
    Why not go with Sprint? Unlimited everything & you can get a Bold 9930 for $99 on Amazon.
    Or Verizon, you can get the Bold for $79 on Amazon.

But If you do decide to go with the 9790 & use it on T-Mobile here is one for $249 on eBay. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=IpPRnNYw

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 04:40 PM
    If all you want is a basic phone why not just go with the 9310 that Boost just launched? Its $99.
    siriusproper likes this.
    07-12-12 04:51 PM
    Why not go with Sprint? Unlimited everything & you can get a Bold 9930 for $99 on Amazon.
    Or Verizon, you can get the Bold for $79 on Amazon.

But If you do decide to go with the 9790 & use it on T-Mobile here is one for $249 on eBay. https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=buiPjN65

for those phone prices, would that not require a 2yr contract

Mike
    07-12-12 05:03 PM
    If all you want is a basic phone why not just go with the 9310 that Boost just launched? Its $99.
    it is probable that i will do so. i am looking for some feedback on the phone, as well as this new Boost Mobile service. PLUS i really like the look of the 9790!

Mike
    07-12-12 05:18 PM
    As far as deals it be hard to beat the Curve 9310 from Boost Mobile. The phone is $100 with free shipping and runs OS 7 with qwerty keyboard and decent enough 3.2 mp camera. Buy you a $60 reboost card and give em a call to set up your phone. I have the Curve 8530 thru Boost and its great.
    siriusproper likes this.
    07-12-12 05:50 PM
    As far as deals it be hard to beat the Curve 9310 from Boost Mobile. The phone is $100 with free shipping and runs OS 7 with qwerty keyboard and decent enough 3.2 mp camera. Buy you a $60 reboost card and give em a call to set up your phone. I have the Curve 8530 thru Boost and its great.
    thanks for the tip. it does seem to be a hard deal to beat. i am currently looking at Simple Mobile....just discovered them.....

Mike
    07-12-12 06:07 PM
    A little different question. What phone works best with Playbook in Canada?
    What is the best price wise?
    07-13-12 08:29 PM
    for those phone prices, would that not require a 2yr contract

Mike
    It would. But having a contract really isn't THAT bad lol.

07-14-12 12:08 PM
    It would. But having a contract really isn't THAT bad lol.

At least you're not in Canada... Our contracts are 50% longer. Oh, that's off topic? I'm sorry... I'll go now...
    07-14-12 03:26 PM
    If you care about internet speed and you want to use your Blackberry with data connection with a SIM card from T-mobile USA then you should get a Blackberry that supports the frequency bands used by T-mobile.

So when you buy your unlocked Blackberry device make sure it's a Blackberry from aa carrier that uses the same frequency bands, ask the seller which carrier was the original one.
    Unlocked Blackberry from carriers such as Wind or Mobilicity will work fine with fast speeds with a T-mobile SIM card.
    07-15-12 04:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD