BlackBerry 7 Developers Webcast Overview; $3 Million Prize Pool Developer Challenge Announced

With $3 million at stake, I guess we can now assume we'll see some quality apps for OS7?
    06-29-11 02:03 PM
    BlackBerry 7 Developers Webcast Overview; $3 Million Prize Pool Developer Challenge Announced

With $3 million at stake, I guess we can now assume we'll see some quality apps for OS7?
    That's a great find, and a Great idea for RIM. I like it, and I hope that it works as planned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 02:17 PM
    I thing Palm/HP did the same thing with WebOS
    06-29-11 02:38 PM
    Palm? One of several significant differences between RIMM and PALM is that PALM was always broke (Goldman Sachs was nice enough to talk a bunch of investors in purchasing a secondary offering at about 15 bucks because they did not have enough money to launch) and although they did have a very nice OS their hardware really felt plasticky and the resolution of the camera and other details dropped the overall experience way down.

Just a comment because frankly comparing RIMM to PALM is a generalization that does not hold up.
    Jake2826 and missing_K-W like this.
    06-29-11 08:52 PM
    Good. RIM needs to blow some of that $3 Billion on getting the app ecosystem improved for both QNX and OS7. No more free Playbooks to clowns who do the minimum to get something. Pay for performance!
    06-30-11 06:58 AM
    I thing Palm/HP did the same thing with WebOS
    lets not go down that road
    06-30-11 07:17 AM
    the BlackBerry developer challenge has been going for a few years now, think the $3m was on the CB blogs back in april when it was announced.
    06-30-11 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD