08-06-11 10:10 AM
107 ... 345
tools
    I'm pretty sure he was saying that people buy what they like regardless of the eventual platform chosen as opposed to the two antagonistic options presented in the post he was replying to. It was pretty obvious and I thought done in a respectful manner.
    If it was obvious, you wouldn't be pretty sure, you would be positive.

It wouldnt be the first time on this site where people have said something about iOS/Android users only buy devices because Steve Jobs said so or just because they are cool. If that wasn't the case, then carry on.
    08-05-11 04:44 PM
    If it was obvious, you wouldn't be pretty sure, you would be positive.

It wouldnt be the first time on this site where people have said something about iOS/Android users only buy devices because Steve Jobs said so or just because they are cool. If that wasn't the case, then carry on.
    I have no idea how you could have read that exchange and seen it as a slam on Android and IOS users. I mean that honestly. The poster you took issue with seemed to go out of his way to be polite and respectful about other platform choices in response to an antagonistic and condescending post. At any rate we can agree to disagree.
    08-05-11 05:03 PM
    It is NOT two different markets. People are frustrated because they KNOW the truth is RIM/Blackberry should be doing better. This is a great example of the poor decision making and disconnect from the consumer that causes a 2,000 employee lay-off announcement... The expectations are HIGH for Blackberry and deservedly so; they have some of the best talent on the planet. Whoever makes these type decisions within the organization for new products ARE the problem. The staid and stale thinkers need culled and outed from the organization and forward, progressive thinkers need to be awarded the reins... juz' sayin'
    Not arguing, but what is it that is expected of RIM in the way of a communication/business device? My old Bold 9700 makes great calls and is fantastic at sending and receiving emails. Granted, there aren't many games etc for it but the OS6 browser ain't bad. So again, as a personal/business device, what is it we're expecting that they're not providing? Again I say, if you're waiting for an iPhone/Android type device from RIM, I don't ever see it happening. Being serious, what is it you expect from them? Apps are the realm of developers, not the manufactures. If you/we want more "stuff" for the BB get on the program developers case, not RIMs....

Just askin'...... LOL

R...
    08-05-11 06:01 PM
    08-05-11 06:08 PM
    Do you have any benchmarks of the OS7 JIT over Google's V8 which Android uses?
    Yes, it's the same one that's been posted everywhere. It shows BBOS7 running the Sunspider JS benchmark almost twice as fast as the Nexus S, which ships with Android 2.3. The performance goodies -- Dalvik JIT and V8 JavaScript engine -- came in Android 2.2.

I realize you posted earlier that Android has JavaScript JIT with V8. My bad, if I missed it. But I must plead that when I Googled about this, I did not find anything associating Android with JavaScript JIT. V8's sorta-JIT was only described in an article on desktop V8. Nevertheless, with a performance this poor, it might as well not have a JIT. JS performance is a big deal not only for browser performance, but also for those standalone web apps like what you can build with WebWorks. The advantage appears to be with RIM for now. Android's JS performance lags far behind the OS7 devices. Safari with Nitro does not lag that bad, but Nitro does not accelerate standalone web apps that run outside of the browser.
    08-05-11 11:44 PM
    BB 7 dead on arrival? LOL!!!! If so, I'll dance with the devil in the pale moonlight while telling my BBM contacts to come join the party.
    As far as I'm concerned these so-called writers are journalism school failures, steadily losing all credibility. Their blog articles would be laughed out of a basic journalism class.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-06-11 04:01 AM
    great article, i agree with a lot of it. The OS7 phones i think will be the last line fro business phones for awhile. QXN is going to be geared towards the public sector more then the business, so in that regards yes OS7 is dead on arrival. Not saying that the OS7 phones are not nice, i've been drooling over the 'Fiddy' since i saw that it will work on the CDMA network, come on Bell buy it already!!

The multi-carrier point is a HUGE thing with RIM. I saw the S.E. Arc when it was first released and it was a great device but then found out it is a Rogers exclusive and i was p!ssed.
    08-06-11 10:10 AM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD