So Ops starts a thread and is not heard from since. What the point of this thread?
    01-03-16 01:16 AM
    BB10 goes into to maintenance mode.
    BB10 has been in maintenance mode since the release of 10.3. The evidence is everywhere.
    01-03-16 01:50 AM
    So Ops starts a thread and is not heard from since. What the point of this thread?
    He already got his jollies out of cb crowd. Doubt that he will be back.
    01-03-16 04:21 AM
    OP contributing to a thread is a rare occurrence here.
    01-03-16 09:54 AM
    I don't think most iphone users care about elitism as much as Crackberry enthusiasts want to believe they do.
    Really? I have quite a few friends who tell me they can't stand Iphones and can't wait till the next BlackBerry 10 device comes to market. They bought into the hype of IOS only to be disappointed. They were into the "elitist" club that is IOS. So in reality it does exist.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 05:09 PM
    Really? I have quite a few friends who tell me they can't stand Iphones and can't wait till the next BlackBerry 10 device comes to market. They bought into the hype of IOS only to be disappointed. They were into the "elitist" club that is IOS. So in reality it does exist.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like they didn't act like it
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-03-16 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    "tools not toys" sounds pretty elitist too. Fans act that way, but I think it's more outsiders who view the fans as elitist.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-03-16 06:39 PM
    "tools not toys" sounds pretty elitist too. Fans act that way, but I think it's more outsiders who view the fans as elitist.
    No its the actual users.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:17 PM
    Sounds like they didn't act like it
    No they bought it, hook, line and sinker. Only to be given a six for a nine

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 07:19 PM
    There will be a shift towards software side with reduced efforts for hardware, I think..

With Z10 STL-1 10.3.2.2474
    They don't deliver their baked in FileManager, Browser, Blend, Link, etc. from OS10 on the PRIV. So where exactly do they move to the software side... If it goes on like this BB will become completely useless, aside from BES....
    01-04-16 06:35 AM
    Interesting to see Apple start slipping a bit. Would expect them to come up with/perfect the next big thing but Jobs is gone. Can they still pull it off?

I doubt it. Cook is more interested in using his platform as a megaphone for his personal crusades than actually being a successful tech CEO. Jobs was Apple. If Microsoft has the patience to stick with it I suspect that in five years you are going to see a very different mobile landscape.
    01-04-16 07:38 AM
    BB10 has been in maintenance mode since the release of 10.3. The evidence is everywhere.
    The slowdown in BB10 development came long before the announced layoffs and reallocation of the BB10 development team.

Much like with the PlayBook... some will be here a year from now hoping for a new BB10 release.
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    01-04-16 07:56 AM
    For 2016 i think we will see 3 new Android phones, A highend passport type of phone, as well as a mid range phone AKA vienna. and an all touch Flagship. There will also be 1 BB10 all touch phone.
    01-04-16 06:26 PM
    Apple is a big company loaded with money. You can bet they will come up with something. As far as Windows phone don't count on it they will be gone in two years. As far as BB don't count them out yet!
    01-04-16 06:28 PM
    Apple is a big company loaded with money. You can bet they will come up with something. As far as Windows phone don't count on it they will be gone in two years. As far as BB don't count them out yet!
    So count Microsoft and it's endless supply of money out in 2 years, but BlackBerry still has a chance?

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-04-16 06:37 PM
    So count Microsoft and it's endless supply of money out in 2 years, but BlackBerry still has a chance?

Posted via CB10
    Look at their user name. Maybe they're just being funny.
    01-04-16 07:00 PM
    I doubt it. Cook is more interested in using his platform as a megaphone for his personal crusades than actually being a successful tech CEO. Jobs was Apple. If Microsoft has the patience to stick with it I suspect that in five years you are going to see a very different mobile landscape.
    Jobs was a genius and visionary Cook is neither of that. He seems to be more interested in politics and like you said using the company for his believes. Jobs would have never ever allowed stuff like the lackluster iPad pro and that flopping keyboard.

MS has done a tremendous job with the surface line up if they can fix their software problems they'll soon be the go to device for people that want something smaller than laptop but close to the same power.

Anyhow sorry for OT back to topic:

I think we will see a transition from BB to a software company which also makes Android phones. Also keep in mind for their first try the Priv is a very good one
    01-04-16 07:08 PM
    Look at their user name. Maybe they're just being funny.
    Lol I can't tell on crackberry anymore

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 07:09 PM
    For 2016 i think we will see 3 new Android phones, A highend passport type of phone, as well as a mid range phone AKA vienna. and an all touch Flagship. There will also be 1 BB10 all touch phone.
    Given that Chen has stated that he plans to release 1 or at the very most 2 phones per year, I doubt that very much.
    01-04-16 09:29 PM
    Given that Chen has stated that he plans to release 1 or at the very most 2 phones per year, I doubt that very much.
    Seeing that Android phones are all the same, it would seemingly be just 1 phone per year in any event.....just kidding Troy!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:09 PM
    Blackberry will become once again a serious contender in the smartphone business.
    As long as LG, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, and Samsung continue to bleed due to their sheer size.
    Blackberry in a growing world of insecurity will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.
    Because in this world only two smartphones have ever existed and are equally iconic.
    The one known as Apple, the other without a doubt Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Oglon3r; 01-06-16 at 01:54 PM.
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-05-16 12:26 PM
    Blackberry will become once again a serious contender in the smartphone business.
    As long as LG, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, and Samsung continue to bleed due to their shear size.
    Blackberry in a growing world of insecurity will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.
    Because in this world only two smartphones have ever existed and are equally iconic.
    The one known as Apple, the other without a doubt Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Poor Nokia.
    01-05-16 03:46 PM
    2016 will see the release of the last Blackberry handsets - assuming any more are actually produced. 2017 will see the end of the handset division.
    How cheerful an outlook... :-D

Chen said devices are still and will be part of the overall secure end-to-end strategy...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-06-16 03:41 AM
    As long as LG, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, and Samsung continue to bleed due to their shear size.
    Posted via CB10
    Shear size? Yeah, they need to be shorn... ;-)))

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-06-16 03:44 AM
    Chen will take his cash and flee from Canada with that reporter who interviewed him when he couldn't figure out how to use the Priv.

BlackBerry fans will finally stop defending him and realize they've been Chenned since day one.

Chen's wife will trade her Samsung in for a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and love it.

Pot growers will release a strain of weed called Priv that costs double that of other weed with similar specs. People will buy it and insist they get higher than other weed. But for some reason their spines creak when they walk and they run a fever of 102 all the time.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    01-06-16 12:03 PM
121 12345