Android for Work is a containerised solution.

The security problems that some are facing are not the result of BYOD, but is due to the lack of an EMM solution for their BYOD.
    It's containerized how? With random apps accessing the work side? BlackBerry Enterprise cross platform EMM solution ,is the only successful application that I have known to work well in that regard. Whereby they create a work space.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 04:42 PM
    It's containerized how? With random apps accessing the work side? BlackBerry Enterprise cross platform EMM solution ,is the only successful application that I have known to work well in that regard. Whereby they create a work space.

Posted via CB10
    Here:

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2015/0...roid-for-work/

http://m.androidcentral.com/google-o...nterprise-push

Among other things, Android for Work allows you:

"to create a dedicated work profile that isolates and protects work data. IT can deploy approved work apps right alongside their users' personal apps knowing their sensitive data remains secured. People can use their personal apps knowing their employer only manages work data and won't erase or view their personal content."
    01-08-16 04:50 PM
    Thanks I'm aware of this . Android and secure aren't something that I would consider synonymous.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 04:56 PM
    Thanks I'm aware of this . Android and secure aren't something that I would consider synonymous.

Posted via CB10
    You're aware that BES12 works with Android for Work to deliver containerised, secure EMM? Good.

Add the hardened kernel and key-encrypted software on the Priv and you have a very secure solution.

Android for Work + BES12 + Priv
    01-08-16 05:00 PM
    You're aware that BES12 works with Android for Work to deliver containerised, secure EMM? Good.

Add the hardened kernel and key-encrypted software on the Priv and you have a very secure solution.

Android for Work + BES12 + Priv
    I still won't consider it including the Priv. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 06:16 PM
    I still won't consider it including the Priv. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    That's fine of course. But the full circle on this conversation is that corporations ARE. In huge, huge numbers. As I wrote earlier, Google is targeting for a BILLION Android for Work deployments.
    TgeekB and kbz1960 like this.
    01-08-16 06:39 PM
    Not every government employee carries a phone with the latest encryption module as if they were a field agent for the CIA.
    BlackBerry 2016 predictions?-vlcsnap-00022.png
    Ronindan, DrBoomBotz and kbz1960 like this.
    01-08-16 08:46 PM
    2016 will finally see BlackBerry profit throughout the four quarters, and, people will finally start to mention BlackBerry as a comeback story.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 05:09 PM
    That's fine of course. But the full circle on this conversation is that corporations ARE. In huge, huge numbers. As I wrote earlier, Google is targeting for a BILLION Android for Work deployments.
    Wonderful

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 05:05 AM
    I gather that this is your source?

https://gigaom.com/2015/02/25/with-a...-byod-devices/
    01-10-16 12:03 PM
    BlackBerry is planning big.... this is the inside information... BlackBerry is planning to bring all the BlackBerry OS feature to Android.... I am not talking about just the stock Android that they have but BlackBerry OS 10 as a whole. This is possible coz every other giant companies like Samsung, HTC, Oneplus, etc has merged their OS with Android now BlackBerry is just waiting for the right time.... and then they will gain what they lost.... Priv and Dtek50 is just the beginning of their Master plan strategy.... Cheers to the BlackBerry.

Posted via my beautiful awesome BlackBerry Dtek50
    ardakca likes this.
    08-28-16 06:11 AM
    I think it is pretty clear they are going for the whole BB10 experience on Android. The question is whether you need to buy a BlackBerry device for it, or if you can just buy something off the shelf that works.

I'm guessing there will be the entire suite for any android device, possibly with some "secured by BB" type branded devices like the DTEK. What those bring to the table is questionable.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 09:50 AM
    BlackBerry is planning big.... this is the inside information... BlackBerry is planning to bring all the BlackBerry OS feature to Android.... I am not talking about just the stock Android that they have but BlackBerry OS 10 as a whole. This is possible coz every other giant companies like Samsung, HTC, Oneplus, etc has merged their OS with Android now BlackBerry is just waiting for the right time.... and then they will gain what they lost.... Priv and Dtek50 is just the beginning of their Master plan strategy.... Cheers to the BlackBerry.

Posted via my beautiful awesome BlackBerry Dtek50
    So when is the Mercury coming up? )
    08-28-16 11:39 AM
    Does anyone know about bb 10.3.3.?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 12:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Soon.
    08-28-16 01:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the 2016 thread. Too soon, my friend.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    08-28-16 03:11 PM
    10.3.3 is scheduled to drop August 32nd

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MikeX74 likes this.
    08-28-16 05:10 PM
    10.3.3 is scheduled to drop August 32nd

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    They said august without saying of what year...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 05:40 PM
    Despite the move to Android, BlackBerry will be exactly where they were in 2015: struggling to remain in the hardware business.
    Pretty good prediction, you win wizard of the year award.
    08-30-16 02:09 AM
    Anything regarding blackberry to be expected at IFA?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 03:25 PM
    I predict that there will be only 2 dtek devices: dtek 50 (touchscreen) and Dtek 60 (classic keyboard)

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 09:52 AM
121 ... 345