I predict that in 2016 BlackBerry will...

Continue to grow their software business.

Continue to fail in handsets and start shutting that business down by the end of the year.

Make more strategic acquisitions of other software companies.

Have 4 straight quarters of continued growth and financial success - driven by software revenues.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-02-16 09:15 AM
    2016 will see the release of the last Blackberry handsets - assuming any more are actually produced. 2017 will see the end of the handset division.
    If Chen's plan continues as created, this will be true.
    01-02-16 09:15 AM
    Year of turnaround for the hardware business.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2813
    Whats denial like these days. LOL A turnaround? ha ha ha ha ha ha
    01-02-16 10:06 AM
    Asif will break up with Mudasir again.
    smh.... Sir, you Lascist, cracked me up.
    01-02-16 10:44 AM
    Blackberry releases a tracking device at CES. Partnered with AT&T s iot enterprise solutions. The device goes mostly unnoticed by consumers but is eye popping to carriers as they realize the connection to their network is a new revenue stream. Carriers begin to cuddle up to BlackBerry once again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by abwan11; 01-02-16 at 11:50 AM.
    01-02-16 10:49 AM
    My Z30 will still be working and if it doesn't, I'll replace it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-02-16 10:50 AM
    Blackberry begins licensing security software and hardware to other android devices , most notably Samsung.
    Samsung adopts the blackberry keyboard in a new galaxy device. The reception, although muted, spills over into Samsungs smart TV converters and tablets with BlackBerry keyboards. LG is soon to follow.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 11:01 AM
    Their software business continues to grow and become more profitable. They release on or more new Android devices which stops the bleeding and turns a small profit. BB10 goes into to maintenance mode.
    01-02-16 11:14 AM
    It's been 2 weeks since Thor's announcement
    Anyone know what's going on?

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    m1kr0, kbz1960 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-02-16 11:17 AM
    Blackberry continues to beat expectations on software growth. Increased revenue becomes the killer to the bears thesis. A short squeeze crushes the shorts and Wall St takes notice. Media articles begin highlighting years of innovation that went unnoticed. BlackBerry solidifies it's position as a leader in mobile communications. Wall Street insiders refer to the company as Big Black.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 11:26 AM
    A short squeeze crushes the shorts and Wall St takes notice. Posted via CB10
    That would be great, as the shorts, with the help of their media buddies, have been very successful in market manipulation by putting a negative spin on all things BlackBerry. Remember the guy who put out that more Z10s were being returned than were being sold. He was later prosecuted but the harm was done.

BB, Still the One
    01-02-16 11:46 AM
    I'm sure there's some, but a few is not a trend. A few years ago, sure, but now iphone is more mainstream, used in businesses, etc. People in health care (myself), for instance, aren't using them to be cool or feel elite.
    I didn't say it was a majority or a societal trend. I was referring to the select ones around me whom always upgrade to the latest iPhone / Samsung and like to show it off. I predicted that this pattern would continue in 2016 whilst I would still be on my z10 working as good as ever. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:14 PM
    I didn't say it was a majority or a societal trend. I was referring to the select ones around me whom always upgrade to the latest iPhone / Samsung and like to show it off. I predicted that this pattern would continue in 2016 whilst I would still be on my z10 working as good as ever. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Sure it will. Just like the Crackberry faithful buy every new Blackberry and show it off. It's what we do.
    Rello likes this.
    01-02-16 12:15 PM
    The pair trade is reversed, Apple continues to squander it's lead, with no response to the changing landscape, Tim Cook takes the company off auto pilot and begins launching a series of poorly designed products. Shareholders begin calling for change. Elon Musk becomes the obvious choice, but refuses. Beginning a media frenzy that raises the question of "who could grow Apple". With no answer.... the slide begins.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-02-16 12:19 PM
    The pair trade is reversed, Apple continues to squander it's lead, with no response to the changing landscape, Tim Cook takes the company off auto pilot and begins launching a series of poorly designed products. Shareholders begin calling for change. Elon Musk becomes the obvious choice, but refuses. Beginning a media frenzy that raises the question of "who could grow Apple". With no answer.... the slide begins.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting to see Apple start slipping a bit. Would expect them to come up with/perfect the next big thing but Jobs is gone. Can they still pull it off?
    01-02-16 12:25 PM
    PRIV isn't going to save BlackBerry, but a Couple of cheap Android devices with nice hardware could mantain in the game ( 8Mp - 2Mp cameras, 2 GB Ram, 16 GB internal, Mediatek 4-Core, 5" and 4,5" with Keyboard ) an all PRIV software features for less than 200$ is possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:27 PM
    PRIV isn't going to save BlackBerry, but a Couple of cheap Android devices with nice hardware could mantain in the game ( 8Mp - 2Mp cameras, 2 GB Ram, 16 GB internal, Mediatek 4-Core, 5" and 4,5" with Keyboard ) an all PRIV software features for less than 200$ is possible.

Posted via CB10
    It certainly is worth a try if they want to stay in the hardware business.
    01-02-16 12:30 PM
    Interesting to see Apple start slipping a bit. Would expect them to come up with/perfect the next big thing but Jobs is gone. Can they still pull it off?
    Apple revenue is up 60% since Cook to over---CNBC
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-02-16 12:32 PM
    Apple revenue is up 60% since Cook to over---CNBC
    Wow. Didn't know that. I just knew their stock and market share were down.
    01-02-16 12:38 PM
    Blackberry launches the Phoenix.
    A hypervisor device, running BB10 alongside Android, with the capability to connect to BlackBerry tracking, auto, medical, military and emergency. The device is the first real world iot mobile device, targeting high end security minded enterprises and governments. Google eases the rules to take part. With a high price point, the device is not Intended or available to consumers, creating an underground movement of BlackBerry loyalists and techies who scramble to get it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by abwan11; 01-02-16 at 01:41 PM.
    01-02-16 01:07 PM
    2016 predictions.....

Crackberry members still can't help but bash other operating systems in 94% of threads that don't bring them up

Really though, I expect 2016 to be just like 2015 but mayb slightly better. "Coming soon" will still be their motto, and they still won't release an all touch device people have been asking for.

We'll also learn that the hypervisor was just another QNX product the will forever be testing instead of actually doing something with lol

Wish this company the best though. I plan on trying the Priv once it comes to T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 02:03 PM
    My prediction for 2016 ? Ok let's go:

1) QNX will start to save BlackBerry.

2) Priv' sellings will be an abysmal disaster.
    01-02-16 06:29 PM
    My prediction for 2016 is that all BlackBerry, Apple, Android, and Windows Phone users will all appreciate each other's technology and respect each other's choices!

(or not)

01-02-16 09:39 PM
    They way BlackBerry do the marketing, yes 2016 will be another depressing results, missed hopes and disappointments

Passport SE
    01-03-16 12:46 AM
    My prediction for 2016 is that all BlackBerry, Apple, Android, and Windows Phone users will all appreciate each other's technology and respect each other's choices!

(or not)

Still drunk from the New Years party I see.
    Laura Knotek and kbz1960 like this.
    01-03-16 12:51 AM
121 1234 ...