View Poll Results: Would you buy an all-touch version of the new BlackBerry Slider?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I want to upgrade my Z10 / Z30!

4 57.14%
  • No - I love the BlackBerry keyboard!

2 28.57%
  • Unsure

1 14.29%
    According to The Wall Street Journal, BlackBerry will release four new devices in 2015:

In addition to the Leap, BlackBerry said it plans to launch three other devices this year, one a new Porsche-branded BlackBerry and a new device with a physical keyboard in summer. The last device this year will be a smartphone with a curved display and a keyboard, but Mr. Chen declined to specify the device’s launch date.
    Asides for the Leap, I am not seeing much progress in the touchscreen device lifecycle. I suggest a touchscreen-only variant of the yet-to-be-named flagship slider, to be launched at the same time. I would imagine it to be feasible, with the same specs and same dual-edge screen, just a slightly modified structure and shell. Imagine the surprise and reaction!

Seems to be the trend to launch two phones at once...
    - Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge
    - Apple iPhone 6 & 6+

BlackBerry Torch & Torch II
    The flame is eternal.
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    03-03-15 11:02 AM
    More info and photos found here on the 2015 Device Roadmap.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/03/...slider-photos/

Note that the focus here are mainly for the enterprise at different tiers. Of course, this will appeal to consumers where BlackBerry still is strong.

I think the Leap targeting the mid-tier level will work well at the $275 USD price point for companies wanting to give choice to employees at a reasonable price for end-to-end BlackBerry services. I've seen some Z30s in my organization while many more have opted for the keyboard Q10 and Q5s. I'm sure the Classic and Passport will be coming through the pipes as it's time for renewals that will vary between employee/departments as will the Leap. Like the Jakarta, this phone will appeal consumers in markets where BlackBerry has decent market share.

The new physical keyboard device that's slated to be released in the summer will cater to pkb diehards and legacy users that may want to opt for something not the Classic nor Passport. Maybe a Q5 successor? Quite possible that it be a mid-tier level device much like the Leap. We'll also see different color variations of the Classic so that should appeal as well.

Their Porsche Design code named Keian is aimed for the high end luxury customer. I'm guessing something that's a pkb either fashioned after the Classic or Passport? Who knows.

Last but not least, "the Slider" as John Chen puts it. Double-edged screen and definitely something that slider lovers have wished for. We'll find out later as to the specs and if they are partnering with Samsung in some shape or form. I can see it's no use to reveal specs at this moment as chipsets and components can still change once they go from concept to production mode.

All-in-all, I'm pretty satisfied with the products aimed for enterprise that will probably be packaged with BES12 sales along with some higher end phones that fit a niche that we'll see later in the year.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 04:53 PM