Here's comparing the two Underdogs, while Windows Phone and iOs are at the same level compared to Android, windows phone is still behind.
    so which of the OS's do you objectively think is better or even better: list the pros and cons of each.
    P.s, if you want to include leaks, add Windows Phone 8.1 as well
    More alleged screenshots of Windows Phone 8.1 Blue leak, show potential Notification Center | Windows Phone Central
    Concept animation for Windows Phone 8.1 hints at possible future OS design | Windows Phone Central
    New leaked screenshot suggests "Cortana" is not just limited to voice interactions | Windows Phone Central
    Notification Center and multi-tile select likely coming in Windows Phone 8.1 | Windows Phone Central
    Windows Phone 8.1 – App list sorting and actionable notifications revealed in alleged screenshots | Windows Phone Central

This is a counterpart to the BB10 vs android thread which I thought was quite fun

P.s I own a windows phone, so ask me anything you want.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    12-01-13 07:11 AM
    BB 10's multitasking. Although Microsoft is working on bringing apps which is a good move on their part but personally i prefer BlackBerry and Android
    12-01-13 07:20 AM
    Since owning both a Z10 and a Lumia 928, I can give a pretty fair comparison.

Multitasking and messaging both go to BB10. Windows Phone doesn't have a notification center yet. While that doesn't bother me one bit, I like the unified Hub better than having to go to individual icons.

Bringing me to icons, the UI in Windows Phone wins. The Live Tiles are just genius. IMO, a much better solution than to just flipping through pages of apps.

As far as the app solution goes, Windows Phone wins again. Don't bring up sideloads on BB10. They aren't a real solution and most real consumers probably won't even know or try them. It's all about what's in the app store. And the Windows Store deserves much more credit than it gets. It seems like (almost) all the top apps are there. It's a night and day difference from BlackBerry World.

Browser goes to BB10. It is a bit faster than on WP, but one thing I can't stand is that you can't set a home page in IE for WP.

Camera and media go to Windows Phone. Any camera can take down those on BB10 devices, but there's something to be said about Nokia cameras. One thing I love is how you can set it to automatically upload your camera pictures and your saved pictures to SkyDrive so you never lose anything and can pick it up anywhere.

Productivity is a tough one. Windows Phone has Office, SkyDrive, OneNote, and all that. It all just works well together with one Microsoft account. BB10 has Docs To Go, Remember, and the great multitasking on it's side for productivity.

I'm trying to think of what else. If I do, I will come back and edit.
    12-01-13 07:47 AM

Multitasking and messaging both go to BB10. Windows Phone doesn't have a notification center yet. While that doesn't bother me one bit, I like the unified Hub better than having to go to individual icons.

Bringing me to icons, the UI in Windows Phone wins. The Live Tiles are just genius. IMO, a much better solution than to just flipping through pages of apps.

As far as the app solution goes, Windows Phone wins again. Don't bring up sideloads on BB10. They aren't a real solution and most real consumers probably won't even know or try them. It's all about what's in the app store. And the Windows Store deserves much more credit than it gets. It seems like (almost) all the top apps are there. It's a night and day difference from BlackBerry World.

Browser goes to BB10. It is a bit faster than on WP, but one thing I can't stand is that you can't set a home page in IE for WP.

Camera and media go to Windows Phone. Any camera can take down those on BB10 devices, but there's something to be said about Nokia cameras. One thing I love is how you can set it to automatically upload your camera pictures and your saved pictures to SkyDrive so you never lose anything and can pick it up anywhere.

Productivity is a tough one. Windows Phone has Office, SkyDrive, OneNote, and all that. It all just works well together with one Microsoft account. BB10 has Docs To Go, Remember, and the great multitasking on it's side for productivity.

Customising your home screen and lock screen is also far better than iOs and BB10
    Case in point
    Today Widgets - add weather forecasts and quotes to your lock screen | Windows Phone Central
    Post your Home Screen and Color Theme - Page 73 - Windows Phone Central Forums
    12-01-13 08:00 AM
    Yes! I absolutely love being able to customize the lock screen. I always keep Bing Weather on my lock screen.
    12-01-13 08:02 AM
    BlackBerry is going to have been very well

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:03 AM
    I've got both as well, and I must say, Live Tiles is truly revolutionary....

from an australian Z10...
    12-01-13 08:03 AM

Mostly agree. Notification center is supposed to come with 8.1 but that's just rumored.

With Box you can set it to auto upload photos and videos. There's even a switch that lets you do it only when in WiFi if the data plan is limited.

Otherwise pretty fair comparison

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:05 AM
    BlackBerry is working on Fuse, so you don't need to bother with talking your phone out, unless you make a call.

Currently I am using https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=fuCsBnjf

O2 Tugo, which allows you to use your phone number for making calls and text messages on up to 5 devices.

It can be loaded and works since it is an apk. Windows does not have this app for their phones nor this level of integration. Despite ei ngfrom the same company....

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:06 AM
    Mostly agree. Notification center is supposed to come with 8.1 but that's just rumored.

With Box you can set it to auto upload photos and videos. There's even a switch that lets you do it only when in WiFi if the data plan is limited.

Otherwise pretty fair comparison

Posted via CB10
    Yes, notification center is supposed to come. But one thing with the cloud on Windows Phone is that you have everything all in one account. SkyDrive, Office, OneNote, Contacts, Calendar, Skype etc. With BB10, you would need a Box/Dropbox account, Evernote account, Skype account, and whatever you use for contacts and calendar. If you take advantage of Microsoft and Windows, it's all in one place.
    12-01-13 08:11 AM
    I've got both as well, and I must say, Live Tiles is truly revolutionary....

from an australian Z10...
    BlackBerry needs to refine and make better use of active frames. Good idea just not thought completely through. Devs also need to take the time to make better use of this. Headless apps will also make things better. See what you want to see and hide what you don't.

The tiles on the Windows phone is what caught my eye in the store.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 08:12 AM
    BlackBerry needs to refine and make better use of active frames. Good idea just not thought completely through. Devs also need to take the time to make better use of this. Headless apps will also make things better. See what you want to see and hide what you don't.

The tiles on the Windows phone is what caught my eye in the store.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    I agree on the tiles. I was shopping for a new phone and was set on an Iphone or Samsung till the Lumia tiles caught my eye
    12-01-13 08:21 AM
    Yes, notification center is supposed to come. But one thing with the cloud on Windows Phone is that you have everything all in one account. SkyDrive, Office, OneNote, Contacts, Calendar, Skype etc. With BB10, you would need a Box/Dropbox account, Evernote account, Skype account, and whatever you use for contacts and calendar. If you take advantage of Microsoft and Windows, it's all in one place.
    Email, contacts, calendar isn't an issue anymore as all that data will be stored in the cloud no matter which device you use.
    12-01-13 08:32 AM
    I had a Windows Phone briefly, couldn't bring myself to leave BlackBerry with such a personal history and everything.

Anyway, Windows Phone is very pretty, it's fun to use, and for the people who worry so much about it, they are having the bigger name apps get behind them. It would also be nice to have genuine Microsoft Office as well.

What I didn't like about Windows Phone, other than I'm an overly emotional goof and can't stand to leave BlackBerry is that you have no real file management capability. You also can't download files of any sort except pics and docs as everything is rejected by the browser because it doesn't "support that kind of file." I didn't care about their method of multitasking. It was easy to get comfortable with.

Definitely an elegant UI in its own way and I really liked it. BlackBerry on the other hand gives me full file management and control, I can download anything and move it around as I see fit plus be able to zip up folders of data if need be, and in the modern day I appreciate the hub, the operation of Active frames, and above all as someone who does a lot of writing, I absolutely have to have a real keyboard. When I tried out a Windows Phone (A Samsung Ativ S Neo to be specific), my typing speed dropped from an average of 70wpm to around 35. MS made a real decent virtual keyboard but there's nothing like a real qwerty.

I also like having the option to encrypt my device memory and memory card, MS does not give this option and in order to use the built-in BitLocker encryption, it has to be activated via a policy assigned from a server. The average user does not have a means of turning that on.

Having access to Flash if need be on BB10 is also a nice option.

Posted via CB10
    BK_NY_RAY, lactose and flyingsolid like this.
    12-01-13 08:34 AM
    Lol. Meaning you can't do the first thing 95% of folks would do and set it to Google.com.
    DJM626, pttptppt, rthonpm and 1 others like this.
    12-01-13 08:37 AM
    Lol. Meaning you can't do the first thing 95% of folks would do and set it to Google.com.
    Why would you? You have a dedicated Bing Button... I believe you can change the search provider there....

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 08:41 AM

Haha that's not my issue I haven't used Google in years. My preferred home page is the bookmark/start page on BB10
    Toodeurep and fanatical like this.
    12-01-13 08:44 AM
    you can change the search provider on IE or download the google app, but the search button defaults to bing everytime
    12-01-13 08:48 AM
    Windows still has no easy way for remote file access. And will not have one until they provide file management.

Remote File Access is one of my most used features of BlackBerry.

It is also the biggest downfall for iOS and WinPhone

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    12-01-13 08:49 AM
    Windows phone for me was nice, file management was a deal breaker. Also can't really add ringtones or notification sounds. Stuck with the only ones on the device. I like tweaking to my liking and it was limited there for me. I know that all platforms are evolving. we will see what the race holds for the future.
    12-01-13 09:02 AM
    Comments are a pretty interesting and fair comparison of the two phones. The only thing I would add and it is a personal preference is that I have never been a fan of the MS active tiles. I generally find it confusing and somewhat bothersome to work with. It is just easier and faster to work with the icons. Having said that, it is an interesting concept but it requires more thought and refinement.

Posted via CB10
    fanatical likes this.
    12-01-13 09:12 AM
    Comments are a pretty interesting and fair comparison of the two phones. The only thing I would add and it is a personal preference is that I have never been a fan of the MS active tiles. I generally find it confusing and somewhat bothersome to work with. It is just easier and faster to work with the icons. Having said that, it is an interesting concept but it requires more thought and refinement.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. The tiles are what turns me off. My eyes can't seem to find things there. It's also the reason my Win8 laptop is rarely used. I need a nice straight grid.

Posted via CB10
    fanatical likes this.
    12-01-13 10:08 AM
    Whenever I've used a Windows phone I've found myself swiping left to get away from the mess so that I can choose things from the much easier list. But maybe the tiles grow on you with use. I've not given them enough time to know

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    12-01-13 10:26 AM
    Why would you? You have a dedicated Bing Button... I believe you can change the search provider there....

Posted via CB10
    Which will change the provider used if one searches from the address bar I assume?

I want the actual page that opens when I open the browser to be Google.com. I always search from the actual web page, not the browser address bar.
    lactose likes this.
    12-01-13 10:38 AM
    I think this is a good idea for a thread. I've always been interested in getting a WP8 phone but haven't taken the leap. The lumia 1020 for the camera alone has tempted me but I don't know enough about the platform to make the jump and try it out for a while. I've played with it in a store a couple of times and I have to admit the OS seemed strange to me but I didn't really give it a whole lot of time because I just wanted to take pictures with it.
    jorgkbzas likes this.
    12-01-13 11:00 AM
99 123 ...