So with all the rumors out there about these two devices there should now be at least some fairly reliable info out to make a "hypothetical" comparison. . .Seems like the release dates for the two devices will be pretty close to each other but I'm kind of at a lost for any more info. . .interested to see how they fair. . ."hypothetically" anyway. . .
    04-19-12 08:10 PM
    With zero information on the iPhone 5, or any BB10 device... what reliable info are you referring to?
    Premium1, Barljo, brucep1 and 4 others like this.
    04-19-12 08:30 PM
    With zero information on the iPhone 5, or any BB10 device... what reliable info are you referring to?
    Spot on. No offense, but I "lol" at this thread. We have one bogus prototype video of iPhone 5 on youtube made by some witty kid who's good with graphic design and video editing, and 2 forums full of "what if's" and "supposedly's". Which equals out to, everyone is clueless.
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-19-12 08:51 PM
    . . . relatively reliable. . . it's really all speculation but I'm sure some basic hardware info is out there. . .maybe?
    04-19-12 08:53 PM
    This thread is 4 months early.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 08:59 PM
    . . . relatively reliable. . .
    Lmfao!! Like I said man, not trying to be a negative nancy but there is really nothing solid out there. ESPECIALLY for the iPhone 5, and atleast not until BBW12 next month for the BBX phones.
    Personally I could care less about what the iPhone 5 has to offer, knowing apple they will probably release an "iPhone 4GS" and make it 4G before they put out an iPhone 5.
    But as far as BBW12, I can't wait to hear about the news from RIM.
    04-19-12 09:01 PM
    OH MAN. These threads are soooooooo bad.

What's next ? Banana vs. Orange ?
    04-19-12 09:09 PM
    Banana!
    04-19-12 09:13 PM
    OH MAN. These threads are soooooooo bad.

What's next ? Banana vs. Orange ?
    More like "banorange vs. Grapple" that's the hypothetical cross between a banana and an orange vs. A grape and an apple. Both rumored to drop next growing season. Haha. :P
    mithrazor likes this.
    04-19-12 09:16 PM
    We can assume that the iPhone 5 will have LTE and a quad core processor modeling after the new iPad and then we can also assume that the interface of BB10 will be somewhat similar to the PlayBook.

Other than that we know very little.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    04-19-12 09:19 PM
    My guess? Ecosystem will win.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    04-19-12 09:22 PM
    Well we do know the BB10 phone and OS will be all-new and iPhone 5 will have the same-difference OS
    04-19-12 09:24 PM
    I have no words!
    04-19-12 09:27 PM
    We can assume that the iPhone 5 will have LTE and a quad core processor modeling after the new iPad and then we can also assume that the interface of BB10 will be somewhat similar to the PlayBook.

Other than that we know very little.
    So are they both holding out for the same qualcomm chipset or is the Iphone quad while the BB10 is dual???
    04-19-12 09:41 PM
    So are they both holding out for the same qualcomm chipset or is the Iphone quad while the BB10 is dual???
    The new iPad is quad and the iPhone has always followed in its footsteps, so I'm assuming it will be. The PlayBook is dual core, but it is also a solid year old, so BB10 could be either.
    04-19-12 09:54 PM
    Orange rules. Cant rhyme against it.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

04-19-12 09:56 PM
    The new iPad is quad and the iPhone has always followed in its footsteps, so I'm assuming it will be. The PlayBook is dual core, but it is also a solid year old, so BB10 could be either.
    the new ipad is dual core processor and quad core GPU i think
    04-19-12 10:10 PM
    I vote wombat.
    04-19-12 10:14 PM
    The most surprising thing for me would be a new user interface for the iPhone 5. I thought there were rumors of something 3D a while back, but the 3D craze has come and gone, so I don't give that much thought.

Other than that, new hardware is just yawn these days, all these phones will basically perform the same.

But if we do want rumors, my sources in Shanghai at the Super Brand Mall tell me that the front of the new iPhone 5 will be made from the crystallized tears of babies.
    04-19-12 10:17 PM
    I don't think the next iPhone is going to have a quad-core processor. The current iPhone still doesn't support LTE, and my guess as to why Apple chose not to support LTE would be because of the abysmal battery life phones running LTE at the time of the iPhone 4S's release. Apple has been pretty obsessive about battery life. Until a very power-efficient quad-core LTE chip is released, I don't think Apple will support such processors. Besides, iPhone users never really cared for specs anyway.

As for BB10, both processors RIM is rumored to be testing (TI's OMAP5 and Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4) are LTE dual-core processors but are among the most powerful processors on the market (I'm actually not sure if OMAP5 has been released yet).
    04-19-12 10:18 PM
    Well we do know the BB10 phone and OS will be all-new and iPhone 5 will have the same-difference OS
    The same argument was offered for the PlayBook and iPad.
    brucep1 likes this.
    04-19-12 10:20 PM
    I don't think the next iPhone is going to have a quad-core processor. The current iPhone still doesn't support LTE, and my guess as to why Apple chose not to support LTE would be because of the abysmal battery life phones running LTE at the time of the iPhone 4S's release. Apple has been pretty obsessive about battery life. Until a very power-efficient quad-core LTE chip is released, I don't think Apple will support such processors. Besides, iPhone users never really cared for specs anyway.

As for BB10, both processors RIM is rumored to be testing (TI's OMAP5 and Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4) are LTE dual-core processors but are among the most powerful processors on the market (I'm actually not sure if OMAP5 has been released yet).
    Not yet, but they're coming.
    04-19-12 10:24 PM
    Both will be great in their own right, I just want a quality product. My current blackberry does a great job anything more will be a bonus.
    04-19-12 11:05 PM
    So with all the rumors out there about these two devices there should now be at least some fairly reliable info out to make a "hypothetical" comparison. . .Seems like the release dates for the two devices will be pretty close to each other but I'm kind of at a lost for any more info. . .interested to see how they fair. . ."hypothetically" anyway. . .
    Until they both come out this thread is totally pointless...
    04-20-12 12:29 AM
    Well this comparison is going too far ahead. From comparing existing devices to comparing stuff which hasn't been seen by anyone. BTW OP why don't we compare the spaceships coming out 200 years from now. We have mostly reliable information on Starship Enterprise and the Klingon Ships from watching Star Trek.

I say Klingon ships will kick a$$. Bigger screen, better weapons. Earth will have to close down their spaceship companies because they missed the innovation.
    Attachment 108202
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-20-12 03:54 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD