After AT&T did not release any update on February 10, I called AT&T HQ on my lunch break. After first having to convince the person I spoke to that there was an update, I was then passed to a manager and repeated the whole process.

The last thing the manager told me was it was a BlackBerry issue. He offered to transfer me to BlackBerry. The two AT&T employees I had placed me on hold several times during my call, and by that time my lunch break was over. I said, "No, thanks, I have to go back to work." End result, as usual, they could not say when the update was coming out.

When I ended the call, I found this text awaiting me from AT&T:

"28838270 all software updates go through a rigorous quality assurance test before being released.We will release the update as soon as testing is complete."

"BlackBerry" issue? I don't think so.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-16-14 08:58 AM
    BlackBerry should drop all ties with AT&T then offer us all a service through blackberry where you only need to call one place for inquiries about your phone. Offer it for cheaper and allow other unlocked phones to be used just like other service providers except without all the bull **** that we have to deal with. All of the updates could be pushed out at one time or even with in days so that I'm not stuck here waiting to run apps again because at&t doesn't bother with you unless it's about an apple product. I'm just kinda frustrated right now.

Posted via CB10

Waiting is a choice that you made. Load a leak and show those ATT techs that you are a rebel and not gonna wait for them to release the leak anyways.
    yellowhammer likes this.
    02-16-14 09:12 AM
    What's happening in the US is ridiculous to say the least. This is suppose to be the world's most progressive country. Blackberry has to take notice and twist the carriers arms to get this update out to their US customers pronto.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    02-16-14 10:36 AM
    This is not a problem singular to BlackBerry. The Galaxy Note 3, the HTC One, two examples off the top of my head where there are updates around the world and not on AT&T.

Every one of the manufacturers and every one of us who buy phones here in the USA know that the USA lags the rest of the world in the release of updates to their phones. For reasons only known at the carriers, they choose to do far more testing than any other carrier anyplace else in the world.

You know when you buy any phone in the USA that does not have an Apple logo on it that your phone will most likely be the last to get any update. Any other expectation and gnashing of teeth is of your own doing from that moment on as you can write, phone, tweet, complain here on crackberry it isn't going to change anything.

I have owned every major BlackBerry on AT&T since the 8820 and not one time has my phone not had the latest OS on it thanks to the leaks posted here on CrackBerry. Now I know for some that is not possible due to IT policies or general distrust of anything that comes from the internet but I have not one time had a problem that was unfixable loading these leaks.

If you will only take the officials, you will wait and wait and wait some more. Nothing new under the sun here. Nothing to do with AT&T's treatment of BlackBerry
    02-16-14 10:55 AM
    BlackBerry needs to follow apples technique. Push out these updates independent of carrier!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry needs to follow apples technique. Push out these updates independent of carrier!

Posted via CB10
    2nd That

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 01:49 PM
    Pipe dream at this point. BlackBerry doesn't have the leverage with carriers that Apple has due to the runaway success of the iPhone. BlackBerry has to play by the carriers' rules.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:54 AM
    Pipe dream at this point. BlackBerry doesn't have the leverage with carriers that Apple has due to the runaway success of the iPhone. BlackBerry has to play by the carriers' rules.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately if they have to or continue to play by carriers rules, they will be run out of business at least in the u.s.
    People will eventually get tired of not getting updates and move on to some device that does.. A way for carriers to almost dictate what they want to sell!

And I thought we (us) was the land of the free!!
    02-18-14 01:34 PM
    Why do the carriers care?

I mean, they have to spend time and money and man hours on "testing" all the different versions. Why bother. Just cut out the slow, expensive, entirely unnecessary middle man

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:12 PM
    Unfortunately if they have to or continue to play by carriers rules, they will be run out of business at least in the u.s.
    People will eventually get tired of not getting updates and move on to some device that does.. A way for carriers to almost dictate what they want to sell!

And I thought we (us) was the land of the free!!
    Maybe BlackBerry will begin direct sales of US-compatible unlocked phones that would get updates directly from BlackBerry. No idea if their deals with carriers would preclude this though.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 11:01 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry will begin direct sales of US-compatible unlocked phones that would get updates directly from BlackBerry. No idea if their deals with carriers would preclude this though.

Posted via CB10
    They already do. Check out store.shopblackberry.com.

They now directly sell the Z10 and Q10 unlocked. And they sell to US and work on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    yellowhammer likes this.
    02-19-14 10:26 AM
    If you wanna try the official through sachesi Canada s country code is 302 and rogers code is 720.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-21-14 11:04 PM
    I agree. If you go to most ATT stores they dont even have the blackberry 10 models on display. Their main focus is definitley the ios and android. They give more attention to even the windows phones. Sigh

Posted via CB10
    I was in the AT&T store the other day for something else and they did have a Z10 and it was fairly close to the door. It was in a good location up front. They were super busy so I didn't get to ask any questions
    02-22-14 11:52 AM
    I used sachesi method Thursday. Z lagged but today I can see improvement

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 05:14 PM
    I'm risk-averse, so if I can update my unlocked AT&T Q10 using Sachesi, anyone can. This guide has great directions and screenshots: How to do Non-Destructive OS Upgrade with Sachesi http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/. I used country 234, carrier 015, Q10, SQN 100-3 (UK Vodafone) as several have suggested. The only thing I would add to the guide is this: after you back-up your device in BB Link (before you do any update), go into BB Link preferences and make sure the boxes for" open BB Link when computer is turned on" (and) "open BB Link when device is detected" are unchecked. This way when you connect your device via USB cable to download the new OS, BB Link will not open as well. UPDATE: it's been less than 24 hours since I updated to 10.2.1. I really like the more polished interface, but I am having the post-update battery drain issue on my Q10 that's been well-documented by others in the forums. The general consensus seems to be that a new OS takes a few days to "settle in" and places extra demand on the battery during that time. I'm placing my faith in the experience of others here that the Q10's battery life will return to normal soon. Can't imagine going back to 10.1 now.
    eywong likes this.
    02-22-14 11:08 PM
    I got AT&T to credit my account 25$ for not giving me the update lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:17 AM
    They already do. Check out store.shopblackberry.com.

They now directly sell the Z10 and Q10 unlocked. And they sell to US and work on AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Nice, thanks. Hopefully soon they'll have a Z30 that's compatible with AT&T LTE.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 11:01 PM
    I got AT&T to credit my account 25$ for not giving me the update lol.

Posted via CB10
    Ha! Wow

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 02:58 PM
    Waiting is a choice that you made. Load a leak and show those ATT techs that you are a rebel and not gonna wait for them to release the leak anyways.
    Yes, I am choosing not to install a leak because (1) I want the official version, and (2) Link will not recognize my device so I cant't back it up before attempting to install a leak. My interest is in having AT&T provide customer service and timely updates. I am pretty sure AT&T "techs" don't care what I do with my phone.
    bbq10l and donmateo like this.
    02-28-14 05:15 AM
    Uninstall link then reinstall the version from blackberry.com. I had the same problem and that worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:40 PM
    Thanks. I did not uninstall because I did not want to risk losing data previously stored when Link was working. But, I did download Link again. The second download did recognize my device.
    03-04-14 03:58 AM
    Might do this. We are in March and still no update here on Verizon in US. Sad that one of the largest and most profitable (and highest priced, greater than $100 per month is common on Verizon) carriers in the world can't be a leader in this area.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 06:35 AM
47 12