Has anything been leaked as to the BB10's ability OR inibility to turn talk into text while in email or texting?
    ...With Droid and IOS you can hit the speaker button on the keyboard and the phone types what you are saying.
    ...It's pretty accurate as well and it's absolutely faster than typing everything out.
    10-07-12 11:12 AM
    Has anything been leaked as to the BB10's ability OR inibility to turn talk into text while in email or texting?
    ...With Droid and IOS you can hit the speaker button on the keyboard and the phone types what you are saying.
    ...It's pretty accurate as well and it's absolutely faster than typing everything out.
    Not yet, but they do have Speech Recognition built in. They showed a video of someone playing around with a Dev alpha using some type of program similar to Siri.
    10-07-12 11:22 AM
    I don't believe dictation is faster and it let's say it is, it's only if you overly simplify your vocabulary, make no mistakes, completely ignore grammatical accuracy and punctuation and if you completely ignore local slang usually not found in dictionaries.

I tried Vlingo when it was made available free and I found dictation very slow as a whole experience. Give me qwerty(this might be a good example, does droid or siri know to type qwerty as a word?) any day of the week.
    10-07-12 11:41 AM
    Blackberry 10 and tak to text feature.-photo.jpg
    I don't believe dictation is faster and it let's say it is, it's only if you overly simplify your vocabulary, make no mistakes, completely ignore grammatical accuracy and punctuation and if you completely ignore local slang usually not found in dictionaries.

I tried Vlingo when it was made available free and I found dictation very slow as a whole experience. Give me qwerty(this might be a good example, does droid or siri know to type qwerty as a word?) any day of the week.
    Like you I wasn't at all impressed with Vlingo - playing around with my friend's galaxy s3 and my iphone 4s rendered a vastly different result....
    ...True, some of the more less used words get messed up, however you can quickly have a paragraph.
    ...Then simply go back and fix the mistakes and it's way faster then typing on a touch screen.
    BTW the pic attached was "first try" saying QWERTY.

Granted it's about a wash on a 9930 ( which I still proudly have ) but on a touch screen keyboard it's something blackberry should absolutely have......
    ...It's either that or they are still so far behind they have no chance of catching up with what's current.
    10-07-12 01:15 PM
    I've had pretty good luck with Vlingo on my Bold 9700. It may have more to do with how I speak. I've had better luck with Nuance products on my Android devices, though.

I would think that since it is possibly being built into the OS, it will work better. We won't know until January, though.
    10-07-12 04:45 PM
    I think Dictation depends on the person. Adam has written articles using dictation. Kevin tried it using dictation on his mac last month. It was a complete disaster. He filmed the process & also posted the result, you should check it out, it's quite funny.

That being said, I think BB10 will have it built in. If you check out the N-series phone, you can see a microphone icon on the 0 button.
    10-07-12 05:19 PM