Hey everyone,

I've been working hard bootstrapping my startup called taab. You can check out our site at taab - Mobile payments made easy. I would really appreciate your guys support for our entry in the MintChip Challenge, by voting for us at taab | The MintChip Challenge. Check out the promo video too!

I thought I'd point out our most recent blog post, since I thought it may interest several of you here.
    How We’re Building taab for BlackBerry 10 | taab

Thanks!
    08-15-12 10:00 AM
    I came across your Site the other day, looks really cool

NFC will change the way we use our phones
    08-15-12 12:29 PM
    I know nothing about development, I am just a BB and Playbook user. That was one of the best and most easily understood articles I have read that really ties it all together. Thanks for the post.
    08-15-12 12:55 PM
    I read this article this morning, saunders tweeted it. I retweeted cause I found it very interesting.
    08-15-12 03:18 PM
    Taab lost its lead! Come on guys, lets support the app, because looks promising and it is also supporting BB10! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

taab | The MintChip Challenge
    09-08-12 04:46 PM
    I've been voting every day. Hope everyone else follows suit!
    09-08-12 05:37 PM
    Voted!

C'mon everyone its easy to sign up and this app looks great! How awesome would it be if a BB10 app won!
    09-08-12 06:06 PM
    we are so close guys...couple more days, The votes are close. Not only is this the best App there, it's also the only BB10 App.

Let's keep voting this guy up

He's currently winning by 3 Votes
    09-08-12 08:25 PM
    Voted!

And nice blog.
    09-09-12 12:08 AM
    Bump. Keep up the votes! It's close!
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    09-09-12 02:30 PM
    The BB10 dev has lost the lead!

Please vote for taab daily, it's an impressive app and deserves to win.

09-09-12 02:35 PM
    Voted my daily vote. And bump - y'all need to keep coming back and voting It's definitely suspicious that they came up from 200+ votes behind to take a 25 point lead in the last day - so please, register and vote!
    09-09-12 04:14 PM
    Very good I was able to understand and that is saying something. Good Job OP
    09-09-12 04:17 PM
    Voted my daily vote. And bump - y'all need to keep coming back and voting It's definitely suspicious that they came up from 200+ votes behind to take a 25 point lead in the last day - so please, register and vote!
    Yah there's some talk on mini checkouts page about vote manipulation. Whatever that is.
    09-09-12 04:58 PM
    I had made it a point to vote for this each time I check out CB (the past few days have been a circus for me , sorry for not voting for those days) but then I voted again and will check if I can vote again when a new voting window opens in ~4 hours.
    09-09-12 06:36 PM
    I'm not too impressed with this given I've been to a restaurant where they've tried to use technology (iPad) to take orders and send them to the kitchen.

In the end, it was clunky, order didn't go through properly. And the waiter had to come by a couple of times to check on us anyways. I would much prefer a simple menu with paper orders. In that case, technology didn't help.

In this case, taab seems quite clunky as well. I mean, we have enough problems trying to get the machines to recognize credit cards, now you want them to recognize credit cards AND the order?

Makes me think the MintChip thing should be simpler, like paypass for credit cards. You order normally, and you tap your cash card to pay. It just takes money out of your mintchip account, similar to debit but no fees to the merchant.

BUT.....they definitely put more work into "taab", than the Mini Checkout app, so I gave taab a vote up.

If I remember correctly, I also saw this presented at Blackberry 10 Jam in Toronto.
    Last edited by andrew4life; 09-09-12 at 07:04 PM.
    09-09-12 07:01 PM
    Can't believe Mini Checkout is now leading! CB folks needs to get on the voting!
    09-09-12 07:12 PM
    i votted for taab thanks for being a BB10 supporter
    09-09-12 07:24 PM
    I'm not too impressed with this given I've been to a restaurant where they've tried to use technology (iPad) to take orders and send them to the kitchen.

In the end, it was clunky, order didn't go through properly. And the waiter had to come by a couple of times to check on us anyways. I would much prefer a simple menu with paper orders. In that case, technology didn't help.

In this case, taab seems quite clunky as well. I mean, we have enough problems trying to get the machines to recognize credit cards, now you want them to recognize credit cards AND the order?

Makes me think the MintChip thing should be simpler, like paypass for credit cards. You order normally, and you tap your cash card to pay. It just takes money out of your mintchip account, similar to debit but no fees to the merchant.

BUT.....they definitely put more work into "taab", than the Mini Checkout app, so I gave taab a vote up.

If I remember correctly, I also saw this presented at Blackberry 10 Jam in Toronto.
    That you had a bad experience doesn't invalidate the concept, it just means you fell victim to a sloppy implementation (and maybe some poor training, too).

I like taab's vision quite a bit, and I hope they prevail in the voting, but they're falling further behind! Get out and vote!
    09-09-12 07:31 PM
    I really wish that there were a way to limit these types of things to one vote per person. The way it stands now this is not a contest for which app people think is the best it is a contest to see which developer can drum up the most support in the form of multiple votes.

Merit will have nothing to do with the winner of this prize. While I personally think taab is the better of the four apps, they got one vote from me and that is going to be it.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-09-12 07:32 PM
    I really wish that there were a way to limit these types of things to one vote per person. The way it stands now this is not a contest for which app people think is the best it is a contest to see which developer can drum up the most support in the form of multiple votes.

Merit will have nothing to do with the winner of this prize. While I personally think taab is the better of the four apps, they got one vote from me and that is going to be it.
    100% my thoughts exactly. For all we know, the best BB10 supporting app could be one of the ones with only a couple hundred votes. We'll never know though because this has become a contest to see who can spam the most message boards for votes.
    09-09-12 07:39 PM
    I love the idea, don't get me wrong, but I have a few comments. I originally saw this when it was presented at BlackBerry Jam in Toronto and the following questions popped into not only my head, but everyone else at my table when it came time to vote.

Why would I get my order ready on my handheld, only to show up and tap on a device to have them then make the order once I get there? That makes me look anti-social and takes the exact same (maybe seconds less) time over ordering in person.

I don't know about anyone else here - but if someone came into the store, tapped their phone and got their morning coffee before I did, I would be pissed. Would stores want to promote this habit? I assume no store is going to permit a specific group of people (those with the right phone and app) higher serving privileges than those standing in line.

It's like when you're in a store trying to buy something, then someone calls in and you get the "Just give me a minute to take this call". Annoying.

I think the idea would be better executed if I could open the app, create my order, then submit it over the cellular network. Similar to products like Just-Eat, where the order is placed online, then printed out in the store seconds later for the cafe, store, restaurant to make. This way I could order my coffee as I walk to my car in the morning, then drive down the street, walk in, pick up my drink, and be out the door in seconds.

That being said, the other properties of this app, such as being able to invite others while collecting their order as well is great!

Love the idea, just thought I should share a few opinions from other developers.

Either way, you DO have my vote!
    09-09-12 08:31 PM
    (I'm at a wedding, so my responses will be a bit short.)

Andrew4life, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with such technology in the past. I think the customer experience is paramount in ensuring my company's product takes off. That's why I chose to focus on simple problems like coffee. There are fewer points of failure. Once it's refined, then we can start thinking about expanding to other verticals.

To amazinglygraceless and mike007: I would agree with you guys 100%. I'm not a fan of how this particular category was organized, and I've made sure to voice my concerns to ChallengePost. However, it's the game I have to play, so there isn't too much I can do.

That said, there 57 entries in the competition. You can check them all out, and even vote for them too. You can vote for multiple entries everyday. So if you vote for taab, you can vote for others too. I actually encourage you to. There are a lot of great entries that have a lot of work put into them.

Thanks for your support, keep it up. And keep raising questions and concerns, I'm more than happy to address them as best as I can.
    howarmat and pkcable like this.
    09-09-12 08:33 PM
    Keep voting, we are back in first (ATM) by 1 vote!

09-09-12 09:15 PM
    If I remember correctly, the paypass on credit cards utilise the same technology (NFC). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Both VISA and Mastercard are coming out with NFC enabled apps to allow certified phones to make payments. Pretty interesting if you ask me. taab is definitely on the right track.

MasterCard PayPass certifies 17 smartphones for NFC use
    09-09-12 09:39 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD