I still dont understand what the phone CAN NOT do...

im sorry, but this was not very good.
    Can't turn tankers into rubber duckys!!! Duh!!!!
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-03-13 10:18 PM
    I would shown off at least one feature or two
    02-03-13 10:19 PM
    If I was going to modify the commercial I would have had the person catch fire, then use the phone to set out the fire. Elephant feet is fine how it was. Next, the person would minimize an app making the person poof into the camera before as the scene transitions to him popping out of the manhole. The truck then jack knifes and he points the phone's camera briefly, pulls the phone down and does time shift (simulated). Boom, truck gone. And a more pronounce voice at the end for the brand. Good tag. I liked that.

Overall, still a decent commercial looking back.
    02-03-13 10:19 PM
    I still dont understand what the phone CAN NOT do...

im sorry, but this was not very good.
    Some people get it, some people don't. Think harder...
    northernrds likes this.
    02-03-13 10:20 PM
    If I was going to modify the commercial I would have had the person catch fire, then use the phone to set out the fire. Elephant feet is fine how it was. Next, the person would minimize an app making the person poof before he pops out of the manhole. The truck then jack knifes and he points the phone's camera briefly, pulls the phone down and does time shift (simulated). Boom, truck gone. And a more pronounce voice at the end for the brand. Good tag. I liked that.
    You realize that would go against everything the commercial is saying right??
    The big bold move here is to make a superbowl commercial that literally doesnt show anything the phone can do. They didnt want to show those things.
    Why would they show any of that stuff if they are showing its features?? How would any of the craziness make sense if they were showing the features of the phone.
    I honestly think the concept went over peoples heads.
    BThunderW and northernrds like this.
    02-03-13 10:22 PM
    You realize that would go against everything the commercial is saying right??
    The big bold move here is to make a superbowl commercial that literally doesnt show anything the phone can do. They didnt want to show those things.
    Why would they show any of that stuff if they are showing its features?? How would any of the craziness make sense if they were showing the features of the phone.
    I honestly think the concept went over peoples heads.
    Eh, I am just having fun over analyzing it. It just a commercial.
    02-03-13 10:23 PM
    Eh, I am just having fun over analyzing it. It just a commercial.
    haha, I think you under-analyzed it actually.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-03-13 10:28 PM
    The only thing we can't do, is show you the device
    02-03-13 10:30 PM
    Some people get it, some people don't. Think harder...
    People don't usually think much when they are running between washroom or beer stores during the commercial time of a super bowl game. Not all people like us actively search for this video and then over analyze it like a real ball game.

And I know where your point came from, though I disagree, but, peace
    02-03-13 10:35 PM
    Is it me or are the people on here with 1000+ posts are the ones that do the most trolling? How does it help the conversation?

The only thing we can't do, is show you the device
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-03-13 10:40 PM
    People don't usually think much when they are running between washroom or beer stores during the commercial time of a super bowl game. Not all people like us actively search for this video and then over analyze it like a real ball game.

And I know where your point came from, though I disagree, but, peace
    My point is it really doesn't need any serious thought. At least from my perspective. They literally say they are going to use the time to show you what it cant do. Which is the total opposite of what people expected.
    The crazy thing is, they decided to make a crazy move and show nothing. This is designed to shock people who expect something. And thats exactly what is happening. For those of us that see that, its gold, Jerry, gold!!
    02-03-13 10:42 PM
    Is it me or are the people on here with 1000+ posts are the ones that do the most trolling? How does it help the conversation?
    They are probably the group of people being disappointed the most
    mikeo007 and nappp like this.
    02-03-13 10:44 PM
    The ad get the people attention showing bizarre images and then present the product. The problem is that the images are not appealing, not funny, not something that people could remember, as consequence the impact is minimal.
    Last edited by tiziano27; 02-03-13 at 11:02 PM.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-03-13 10:46 PM
    Can't turn tankers into rubber duckys!!! Duh!!!!
    but the way it looks... it DID do that, because it changed AFTER he starts typing
    theegoldenone likes this.
    02-03-13 10:56 PM
    everytime something weird happens the guy was touching his phone JUST BEFORE, so it looks like he is making the things happen... that is what is confusing to me
    02-03-13 10:59 PM
    but the way it looks... it DID do that, because it changed AFTER he starts typing
    I think he just peeked into hub
    02-03-13 11:03 PM
    I think he just peeked into hub
    it looks like that, but for people who dont know any of the features (because they were never shown) it will look like he is pressing something and then DUCKS!
    02-03-13 11:06 PM
    http://adage.com/article/special-rep...-stand/239559/

Ad Age is rating BB10 super bowl ads just above the worst.
    02-03-13 11:33 PM
    Ad Age, Can you say *woosh*

02-03-13 11:39 PM
    I'd rate it 7/10. It was cute. Better than many of the ads, including yes, this year's e-trade ad; WAY better than the irritating VW spot, and at least didn't resort to false sentimentality like the Bud Clydesdale ad.

I'd even rate it above the admittedly amusing Samsung ad, since it was even LESS about the product.

The Tide ad? Now THAT was funny, had celeb appeal, and bore at least some connection to its product. That and the Ram Truck ("Farmer") ads were my own favorites. But the BB10 ad was okay; I'm good with it.
    02-03-13 11:48 PM
    The first impression-?? What just happened? But after a several viewing, I liked it. I understand that 30sec is not enough time to show features of the new phone. At least Now general public know there are new bb out there. I just hoped this ad could have pointed out loudly this new bb is nothing like old bb. So people won't dismiss it without even checking out. I'm sure bb will follow this up with feature packed ads, right?
    02-03-13 11:48 PM
    everytime something weird happens the guy was touching his phone JUST BEFORE, so it looks like he is making the things happen... that is what is confusing to me
    Because when they were supposed to show what the phone does, they did the exact opposite. Remember in the commercial when they said they were showing what the phone cant do?
    Im surprised so few people got it.
    02-03-13 11:51 PM
    And the fact that this, and few other similar threads existed, shows that they manage to reach the market and people talk about it.

Mission accomplished.
    And that is what commercials or ads do.. Creating buzz...
    02-03-13 11:52 PM
    They didn't like the SpeedStick ad either and it was one of my biggest laughs. And sorry, the Kia "Space Babies" ad was dumb.
    02-03-13 11:55 PM
    Because when they were supposed to show what the phone does, they did the exact opposite. Remember in the commercial when they said they were showing what the phone cant do?
    Im surprised so few people got it.
    im sorry, NOT showing what the phone CAN do IS NOT the same as SHOWING what the phone CANNOT DO... those are two opposite things.

they said they are SHOWING WHAT IT CANNOT DO, but it looks like they are implying that it can give you elephant legs, make you disappear and turn a tanker into ducks.
    02-03-13 11:55 PM
155 ... 34567