Julius Caesar gives the BlackBerry 10 Super Bowl advertisement not one but two thumbs down. Meanwhile, in another part of Rome, Nero fiddles.
    JR A likes this.
    02-03-13 09:29 PM
    Well... there isn't a single person in the states who can run out and buy a z10 tomorrow. All blackberry can do at this stage is advertise the brand, and I think the ad was effective at doing that. There isn't really anything in the ad to remember except images and they defy what you typically expect from Blackberry. It is subliminal and that's what is needed... way better than screaming "Z10 is cool, hang in there till March!"

You can't tell me the 1984 Apple ad made a scrap of sense either.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-03-13 09:32 PM
    You guys keep spouting off 3.8 mil dollars... thats just for the air time, right? I wonder how much they spent on the actual commercial.

Bottom line the commercial was too safe and shown nothing about the phone and this is from the top london marketing place... wowsers.
    02-03-13 09:33 PM
    I'd disagree... for $3.5mil I'd sooner air that non memorable commercial a few hundred times during prime-time sitcoms/dramas to pound it into peoples heads, than waste it on a 30second slot during the superbowl. Nobody watching the Superbowl will remember that commercial tomorrow. However, should it be aired constantly for much much cheaper during other airtimes, it might stick.

For half of what they paid for the Superbowl air-time the returns would probably be better (maybe, the commercial still sucks), they could air it much more frequently. So yeah... it would have been better for BB to not air it during the Superbowl.
    I disagree. But both of us are just guessing as to whats better, so what does it matter. This commercial is getting a lot of attention, not just on here. It will only make people pay attention to all the feature focused ads that are coming that much more (IMO)
    joe.miller likes this.
    The Samsung ad just aired... BB should take notes.
    Just saw the galaxy commercial. Informative, yet funny.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Bb 10 Super Bowl commercial ranked #1 so far.
    The ad is fantastic. The images are weird and will stick with most viewers after their hangovers wear off tomorrow.

Anyhow -- it is actually ranking #1 right now:
    Super Bowl Commercials from Feb. 3, 2013 - NFL.com

That is for quarter 3... Not out of all the commercials.

EDIT: Whoops maybe I was wrong on that :P
    02-03-13 09:34 PM
    The Samsung ad just aired... BB should take notes.
    If bb made that commercial everyone would complain saying "but they didn't tell everyone what the next big thing was"
    joe.miller likes this.
    02-03-13 09:34 PM
    If bb made that commercial everyone would complain saying "but they didn't tell everyone what the next big thing was"
    At least it highlighted the features. Peak, Flow and the camera are the features. Not much over the competition but definitely 30 seconds worth
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    02-03-13 09:40 PM
    Sad to say the commercial was very poor
    02-03-13 09:40 PM
    Bb10 commercial still ranked #1 on Super Bowl commercial website.
    02-03-13 09:43 PM
    I gave the BB commercial thumbs up, but that Oreo commercial was terrific. Had to vote for that too.
    02-03-13 09:48 PM
    Not bad... not bad at all.

02-03-13 09:51 PM
    Totally disjointed and could have applied to any phone they are trying to pitch. Didn't show a single thing unique about BB10.
    02-03-13 09:53 PM
    This ad will be far reaching thanks to social media and the internet. All it says is that there is a Z10, and literally doesnt show anything else it does (hilarious and amazing). There is a full ad campaign that discusses what BB10 does. From what we are seeing at stores already (Canada, pre-launch), there will be a nice BB10 presence at the point of sale. Good moves by BlackBerry. People should be very happy.
    02-03-13 09:55 PM
    For 30 seconds that's not bad. Considering what that commercial probably cost I would have aired that longer "pre" super bowl commercial that was really good. 1 person with some clever editing made that for next to nothing. Probably would have cost the same.
    02-03-13 09:56 PM
    For 30 seconds that's not bad. Considering what that commercial probably cost I would have aired that longer "pre" super bowl commercial that was really good. 1 person with some clever editing made that for next to nothing. Probably would have cost the same.
    That ad is great, but, on the superbowl stage, that ad would be a yawn-fest.
    02-03-13 09:57 PM
    The commercial did not even convey there is a new product.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-03-13 09:59 PM
    Perhaps we saw different ads? Pretty clear to me there is a new Z10.
    It was the phone with so many features they hilariously decided not to show.
    BThunderW likes this.
    02-03-13 10:05 PM
    Quite a bit actually.

How many of these do you remember?....

"Hey Koolaid!"
    "Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer Weiner...<snip>"
    "Anticipation...."
    "I have an annuity and need cash now!"
    "Bud....Weis....Errr..."
    "Where's the beef!"
    "Help I've fallen and I can't get up!"
    "Dude! You got a Dell!"
    "AFLAC!"

Okay... now, consider how long it takes you to even recall the substance of the BB SuperBowl ad. The point is simple... the commercial was not memorable in any way, unless of course you're a BB fan specifically looking to get a peek at it. Commercials by design are supposed to stick in the consumer's head the next time they're out shopping for a product you wish to promote.
    And what about the famous Apple ad where the athlete throws the hammer?

Who says the ad has to ever show the item?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    02-03-13 10:07 PM
    I will admit that I may be a fraction biased, but the Samsung ad did not appeal to me. I felt like it was trying to hard; as if they new Blackberry was airing an ad and were a little nervous for what the outcome could be. Also their showing of some of the features or apps was gimmicky IMO. Ill give them credit having Rudd, Rogan, and James in the ad was cool and it was funny at parts, yet I feel it really gives a great contrast to the awkward and random simplicity of Blackberry's ad and makes it stand out that much more. Anyone agree?
    02-03-13 10:10 PM
    You mean that part where there announcer says "The New Blackberry Z10" didn't convey there is a new product?

02-03-13 10:10 PM
    It would appear that we are in the minority on this. The commercial is still ranked #1 on NFL.COM. So the non crackberrian approves of the commercial. Can we all relax now?

Let's get back to complaining about no instagram and whatever else we like complaining about here.
    02-03-13 10:15 PM
    You mean that part where there announcer says "The New Blackberry Z10" didn't convey there is a new product?
    Hmmmmmm? Oh no they didn't. The Sammy commercial didn't say anything about Z10..........oh, we're talking the BlackBerry commercial.....my bad
    02-03-13 10:15 PM
    I still dont understand what the phone CAN NOT do...

im sorry, but this was not very good.
    02-03-13 10:16 PM
155 ... 23456 ...