What's your point?

So if I didn't like the keyboard as much, why the hell should I have bought one? Explain me
    Perhaps I am reading too much in your statement. Are you saying that they should not make a slider because the keyboard will not be as good as the Q10 ? We expect a new slider to improve on the previous design. I would suggest that the new Typo may approximate what we might expect of a slider keyboard.

Here is what Kevin had to say about the Typo.

The Typo keyboard is a little narrower than the physical keyboard on the Q10 or Bold 9900, but I found it easy enough to adjust to. It�s still wide enough that I can type quick with two thumbs.

A slider will be a compromise, the payoff is the larger screen and the tradeoff will be a slightly narrower keyboard ( presumably).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-13-14 11:01 AM
    To the OP, sign me up for a slider, I will be the first in line.
    lang007 likes this.
    01-13-14 12:19 PM
    I would take 2 too. I love my Q10, but would like the extra real estate on my screen. Having the QWERTY on the bottom of a touch screen (16:9) would be too big. So a slider would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Tim Heard likes this.
    01-13-14 12:44 PM
    Perhaps I am reading too much in your statement. Are you saying that they should not make a slider because the keyboard will not be as good as the Q10 ? We expect a new slider to improve on the previous design. I would suggest that the new Typo may approximate what we might expect of a slider keyboard.

Here is what Kevin had to say about the Typo.

The Typo keyboard is a little narrower than the physical keyboard on the Q10 or Bold 9900, but I found it easy enough to adjust to. It’s still wide enough that I can type quick with two thumbs.

A slider will be a compromise, the payoff is the larger screen and the tradeoff will be a slightly narrower keyboard ( presumably).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    I'm not totaly saying that... If you have look in other topics, I was talking thai I wanted the Q30 to be a slider, that would be the only way to have a big screen and physical keybaord, they just have to get the ergonomics right.... I'm totaly in for a good slider, if is made right, it could be way better than my Q10. Everybody now wants a big screen, so for me, the only way of having a apealing phsysical keyboard phone is with a slider.

Nokia had a bunch of sliders, and most of them were as ergonomic as the "normal phones", but somehow the torch was a great device, but it didn't feel the same as a the "normal" blackberrys at the time.

Since Chen is a physical keyboard fan, I'm sure would make a sensational slider
    01-13-14 01:01 PM
    What's your point?

So if I didn't like the keyboard as much, why the hell should I have bought one? Explain me
    You don't have to reply. Just wondering if I could associate you with PSLs.
    I agree with you. A good slider with a Q10 keyboard would be my choice.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    01-13-14 01:02 PM
    I personally had a torch but I never used the physical keyboard, I prefer a full touch screen devise although I am messaging and text a lot.
    I think that virtual keyboard of Z30 is second to none!

Sent from my Z 30
    01-13-14 01:15 PM
    I personally had a torch but I never used the physical keyboard, I prefer a full touch screen devise although I am messaging and text a lot.
    I think that virtual keyboard of Z30 is second to none!

Sent from my Z 30
    how did you not use the physical keyboard on the Torch? the virtual keyboard was an abomination. i just fired up my 9810 the other day and played with the virtual keyboard and wow. fail.
    danfrancisco likes this.
    01-13-14 01:54 PM
    i just fired up my 9810 the other day and played with the virtual keyboard and wow. fail.
    Lol! Awesome comment! Love how you deadpanned it!

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    01-14-14 02:03 AM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 02:05 AM
    Any new product for that matter requires good marketing, strategy. And so forth. Its all about educating the market. The market is huge.

There is a market for a slider , huge screen with physical keyboard.

Put it this way, what if, Apple did it, wouldn't everyone be jumping the bandwagon and so wow...

BlackBerry has the upperhand here provided they do good marketing, and good branding.

Via my Z30&Q10
    hf199 likes this.
    01-14-14 02:09 AM
    I have seen a fan render where the slider has a bottom tray or lip. It needs to be flat like this:

Mythical BlackBerry Slider... Would You Buy One or Not? (Poll) - N4BB

Or perhaps they should graft a physical Keyboard on the bottom of a Z10 . Sell the new slider and or a tall Q. I just do not think that anything less than a 4 inch screen will sell.

in your pocket would either be a tall thin device or a slightly fatter z10.
    01-14-14 10:00 AM
    The idea of a slider is to keep the phone size down, it definitely should not have more than a 4" screen. 3.5" or whatever the 9810 was would be ideal.
    01-14-14 12:20 PM
    Well, I'll tell you this much. They already have a patent for a slider with no physical buttons on the front. So at least we know they have conceptualised one already. Just comes down to when Chen thinks it practical to produce.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 02:39 PM
    The idea of a slider is to keep the phone size down, it definitely should not have more than a 4" screen. 3.5" or whatever the 9810 was would be ideal.
    The 9810 only had a 3.2 inch screen but you can see that if the slider was based on a 4.2 inch Z10 or similar screen that it would likely not be too big.

Q10

119.6 x 66.8 x 10.4 mm (4.71 x 2.63 x 0.41 in)

Iphone 5S

123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm (4.87 x 2.31 x 0.30 in)

BB 9810 (folded in)

111 x 62 x 14.6 mm (4.37 x 2.44 x 0.57 in)

Z10

130 x 65.6 x 9 mm (5.12 x 2.58 x 0.35 in)
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-14-14 05:16 PM
    A blackberry S10 would be nice loved my 9800/9810 style bb.

? Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    01-14-14 06:51 PM
    I have seen a fan render where the slider has a bottom tray or lip. It needs to be flat like this:

Mythical BlackBerry Slider... Would You Buy One or Not? (Poll) - N4BB

Or perhaps they should graft a physical Keyboard on the bottom of a Z10 . Sell the new slider and or a tall Q. I just do not think that anything less than a 4 inch screen will sell.

in your pocket would either be a tall thin device or a slightly fatter z10.
    This is a beautiful design /concept.

? Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    01-14-14 06:58 PM
    Although quite happy with z10, I would love a slider in the style of Torch 9810. One sale guaranteed from me.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 09:12 PM
    how did you not use the physical keyboard on the Torch? the virtual keyboard was an abomination. i just fired up my 9810 the other day and played with the virtual keyboard and wow. fail.
    Meh, I was fine using either one.......even with big hands. However, I utilized the virtual keyboard more than the regular. Granted, neither one was perfect and I fault RIM for not putting more thought into it. On BB10, after all that has happened or lack thereof for BlackBerry, any device should be outstanding. Very little room for error at this point, IMHO. Yeah, I know, it's still BlackBerry, but, lessons have been learned.(?)

sent by a prosumer from my outdated/unwanted, sexy z10 on OS .1925 w/. 1926 Radio. Yep..... "leaks" (*_~)
    01-14-14 09:30 PM
    No.
    The idea of a slider was to give you the biggest display and keyboard for the size of the phone.

The 9810 had a 3.2 inch display and I had one.
    Back in the day where a Z30 would have been a phablet, the screen size of the Torch was okayish.

Today, with 5 inch smartphones becoming the norm, 3.2 or 3.5 is an unacceptable screen size for a slider.
    Even the OG Droid had 3.7...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 02:38 PM
    No.
    The idea of a slider was to give you the biggest display and keyboard for the size of the phone.

The 9810 had a 3.2 inch display and I had one.
    Back in the day where a Z30 would have been a phablet, the screen size of the Torch was okayish.

Today, with 5 inch smartphones becoming the norm, 3.2 or 3.5 is an unacceptable screen size for a slider.
    Even the OG Droid had 3.7...

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. The knock on the Z10 by some was that the screen size was too small. If a slider is to compete outside the dumb phone market, it will need to have a screen at least the size of the Z10.
    01-15-14 03:08 PM
    Slider fans, let your voices be heard!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...78/index4.html

:-)
    01-16-14 02:50 PM
    Totally agree. The knock on the Z10 by some was that the screen size was too small. If a slider is to compete outside the dumb phone market, it will need to have a screen at least the size of the Z10.
    Agreed.

sent by a prosumer from my outdated/unwanted, sexy z10 on OS .1925 w/. 1926 Radio. Yep..... "leaks" (*_~)
    01-21-14 06:42 PM
    Make a super high end limited edition slider. Like 5000 unit. 900$/1000$.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:16 PM
    I'd hope that any future slider would be much better than the Torch which, in my view, was crappy. The screen was too small, and the keyboard was too cramped.

I'm not totaly saying that... If you have look in other topics, I was talking thai I wanted the Q30 to be a slider, that would be the only way to have a big screen and physical keybaord, they just have to get the ergonomics right.... I'm totaly in for a good slider, if is made right, it could be way better than my Q10. Everybody now wants a big screen, so for me, the only way of having a apealing phsysical keyboard phone is with a slider.

Nokia had a bunch of sliders, and most of them were as ergonomic as the "normal phones", but somehow the torch was a great device, but it didn't feel the same as a the "normal" blackberrys at the time.

Since Chen is a physical keyboard fan, I'm sure would make a sensational slider
    RyanGermann likes this.
    01-22-14 09:09 AM
    I would buy a BB10 slider in an instant. I,m thinking abouut a Z30 ,but would wait for a slider to come out. Big screen and a physical keyboard. What's not to like?
    01-24-14 03:42 PM
128 ... 3456