I was in a Telus franchise store here in Alberta (2 days ago), They said they were sold out, and had already gotten thier 3rd shipment. I didn't ask how many units were in a shipment.
    02-12-13 10:56 PM
    Tell me newbie, can you give more than anecdotal information?
    No. He doesn't. Neither do you, or the OP.
    02-12-13 11:22 PM
    As for his quote about "White is sold out already", perhaps he was just talking specifically about the store he was at, or maybe he meant all white BB10 phones in warehouse has shipped out to carriers, so from BlackBerry's perspective, they are sold out..
    Which leaves two possibilities:
    1.he was purposely being misleading
    2.he is a simpleton ie. "DDDOOOOOhhhh... you thought I mean everywhere? I meant in THIS store." OR "well we shipped all our stock to stores. That's the same as sold right? Sold out!"

Conclusion: either way his word cannot be trusted.

PS. Note OP, if they truly are "sold out", or even short, then if we went along with your dubious claim that this was a voluntary action by the carriers, then they are surely patting themselves on the back, because if BB can't supply the UK and Canada, there is no way they would have been able to supply even a moderately unsuccessful US launch. So in your world: GOOD CALL carriers!
    02-12-13 11:27 PM
    "Sold out" means nothing. Lumia 920 was "sold out" worldwide for weeks and numbers weren't impressive in q4.
    There was a pent up demand for the z10. BB 10 is a big leap for BlackBerry, fans were expectant. Sales could be big the firsts few weeks to collapse after the initial demand is satisfied.
    Even failed products like Palm Pre had a record launch.
    The best news come from UAE which is a small market.
    Conclusion: Wait for the hard data.
    02-13-13 08:13 AM
    "Sold out" means nothing. Lumia 920 was "sold out" worldwide for weeks and numbers weren't impressive in q4.
    There was a pent up demand for the z10. BB 10 is a big leap for BlackBerry, fans were expectant. Sales could be big the firsts few weeks to collapse after the initial demand is satisfied.
    Even failed products like Palm Pre had a record launch.
    The best news come from UAE which is a small market.
    Conclusion: Wait for the hard data.
    I don't care how you want to spin it, 3 X the size of the biggest launch ever in the UK is successful. Canada, UAE, Saudi same thing.
    For a company they said was dead, only builds qwerty phones. Not a bad start.
    Carry on how you wish.
    02-13-13 08:51 AM
    nope, it's blackberry
    BlackBerry 10: shops deny claims by Thorsten Heins that Z10 phones are selling out - Telegraph

a little research before name calling goes a long way to not making yourself look silly
    This item was effectively disputed. Again, Phones 4U's CEO said more than half their stores saw sell-outs.

I'll agree, any new phone is going to see pockets of demand, and I'm aware that pretty much all manufacturers manipulate supply to suggest the illusion of high demand. The thing is, such gaming is unsustainable. We appear to be seeing sustained demand for the Z10.
    02-13-13 09:10 AM
    And again, no one here (or outside of BlackBerry) has any clue how many were manufactured, how many were shipped or how many were sold.

We will hear at the end of March, when they also disclose how much was spent on marketing and what the cash horde looks like now.
    02-13-13 09:13 AM
    As much as first week sales need to be goof for PR purposes...It will be long term first quarters sales... so all this is really moot... speculating with no actual sales figures are a fruitess exercise and pointless....
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-13-13 09:21 AM
    unfortunately "best day ever" is completely and entirely vague. it's also a relative statement. what constitutes best? does selling out at stores that only received 5 units mean best? is it a gross sales figure? is it a dollar amount? if i make a new device and give 5 of them to a store, they sell out, i declare that the mere fact it sold out makes it better than the last shipment which was overstocked. i've had the best day ever. my point isn't that it wasn't selling well. my point was that nobody knows until there are actual numbers to look at. so arguing one way or the other is asinine. there's also a point worth noting that blackberry has historically had absolutely terrible launches. staggered out across carriers and countries. this was probably the most widespread launch ever.
    BlackBerry may have had poor launches recently but let's not forget that just a few years ago BlackBerry was the number 1 selling smartphone in the world, including dominating the USA.

As to sales figures I think that we can safely say that the launch has been a smashing success based on these articles:

Rogers sold more BlackBerry smartphones yesterday than any other day in Rogers history | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 10: Z10 Canadian launch was best in firm history, CEO says | FP Tech Desk | Financial Post

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...tailer-770682/

“In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada.”
    “In the U.K., we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone,”
    Via Rogers:

Sold more BlackBerry smartphones on February 5th 2013 than any other day in Rogers history (Rogers was the first carrier to launch BlackBerry services in 1999).

Rogers BlackBerry experts activated thousands of BlackBerry Z10 smartphones yesterday, and provided customers with in depth training and support.

Some stores have temporarily sold out of the BlackBerry Z10 and additional inventory has been shipped to Rogers retail locations across Canada.
    The Z10 is likely to do as well as Samsung's SIII and the iPhone 5, said Mr Khanzadah. "This is one of the biggest launches along the lines of the SIII and the iPhone 5. It will be a straight fight between all three.
    Last edited by Neely2005; 02-13-13 at 10:29 AM.
    02-13-13 10:16 AM
    I don't think the carriers mind all too much. I'm sure they have their plan on how to do things. They know when the busy seasons are and when people are typically buying phones. They sell whatever they want and hopefully with the positive news demand will increase for BB and people will go in asking for it since they've had more time to hear abotu Z10.

I feel like the people here talking down about initial sales are the same ones that would be touting what a great success apple's of samesung's would be without any proof.

Either way Initial sales are important but its long term sales that matter more. The best part is you gotta believe a lot of people buying the Z10 are definitely converts since I'd say the majority of current BB users are keyboard diehards.
    02-13-13 11:25 AM
    I frankly don't understand how there can be such trouble replenishing the line when the phones that would have gone to the USA for launch day won't be needed for another month? Surely they can take from there and replenish as they have time to do so, while making sure everyone who wants a Z10 gets one.

I always know how many iPhones sell in the first weekend, just wondering why we aren't seeing the numbers from BB if they are this good? They can qualify the number against previous sales.
    02-13-13 11:54 AM
    Which leaves two possibilities:
    1.he was purposely being misleading
    2.he is a simpleton ie. "DDDOOOOOhhhh... you thought I mean everywhere? I meant in THIS store." OR "well we shipped all our stock to stores. That's the same as sold right? Sold out!"

Conclusion: either way his word cannot be trusted.

PS. Note OP, if they truly are "sold out", or even short, then if we went along with your dubious claim that this was a voluntary action by the carriers, then they are surely patting themselves on the back, because if BB can't supply the UK and Canada, there is no way they would have been able to supply even a moderately unsuccessful US launch. So in your world: GOOD CALL carriers!
    In summary according to our "favorite" troll/hater regarding the Z10 sales

Sold out - BS, limited supply
    Sold little - Absolutely, Obvious except to "simpletons"

What would make you believe that BB has sold a lot of units and will have sufficient stock for the US stock? I'm curious to see what constitutes proof to you.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    02-13-13 12:06 PM
    This has been a very controlled and planned launch. Would they have liked the US carriers on board. Yes, but if you talk to them (BB), it is due to carrier delays, in particular one carrier which has been very complicated. My 2 cents for free is that they are trying to make sure product comes into the market a little slower than demand, so no overstock (which causes them other problems, and drives price erosion quicker). So trying to draw conclusions by a grandmother survey of stores being out of stock is difficult at this time. Give it 6 months, then you know for sure. If you see the price drop suddenly in 6 months....... things did not work out.
    02-13-13 01:19 PM
    I work for wal-mart and i have the walmart wireless as part of my area that i manage we have sold every Z10 we've received from telus.on the day we've received it, Still waiting on rogers and bell to send us theirs, i had to hunt it on the first day it launched. As bell themselves were sold out, u cant deny that the phone is selling well, everywhere . Because it is, and i dont blame blackberry for not revealing any numbers now phone is not out everywhere yet, especially in massive market like the US

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 02:11 PM
    Tell me newbie, can you give more than anecdotal information?
    Of course I can't, it was just my opinion. I thought that was obvious from what i said. If you had half a brain you would know that this whole thread is based on rumors and hear-say.
    As for being a noob, I have been a member here since May 2012, you since March 2012! Learn to accept others opinions without the little tantrums mate!

Love you noob!
    02-13-13 02:12 PM
    What I would like to know, and think is very important, is who is buying them. If it's mainly BB loyalists, good, but not great. If people are coming over from other platforms, we have a ballgame.
    02-13-13 02:20 PM
    Thats very true, and a great measure to the company's success but we cant neglect that the company had some crises over the last couple of years. It would be harsh to expect people who left the platform or others whose been using different ones to come back on the first week of the launche or even the first 6 month. Too early to tell

02-13-13 02:46 PM
    Thats very true, and a great measure to the company's success but we cant neglect that the company had some crises over the last couple of years. It would be harsh to expect people who left the platform or others whose been using different ones to come back on the first week of the launche or even the first 6 month. Too early to tell

I have to agree with this. When people see my Z10, the first response is, I am blackberry, I have to get that, if they are a blackberry user. But I have not gotten the same response from iPhone or Android users....
    Didi besh likes this.
    02-13-13 02:49 PM

But not every Blackberry user is due for an upgrade so they need to pull others in. The average person (not on Crackberry) did not save their upgrade in anticipation of this launch. I am very lucky in that I am due for an upgrade March 29th. I am in the U.S. so I have to wait anyway. When will we get our first glance at real numbers?
    Didi besh likes this.
    02-13-13 02:59 PM
    Slim BlackBerry pickings in UAE as demand for Z10 outstrips supply - The National
    BlackBerry Z10 Gets Record Orders in Canada - Bloomberg
    BlackBerry Z10 Launch Sold Record Number of Units Says Rogers | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

You haters and ex-rim employees are so bitter one wonders why you bother to come here? The fact is simple the Z10 is selling out like crazy. Another fact is it's the best phone on the market today. It crushes my SG3 which was good but doesn't compare to the Z10. No more in and out like it's 2008 and wasting so much time. The Z10 has a faster web browser then even my PC. If you compare it to my SG3 it's not even funny how the Z10 beats it with ease. So many mindless haters here it's not funny.
    Yup...I believe you, thanks for the insight. Can barely wait for the Z10 to come to America ......hummm the SG3 was released...WHEN. How about just ENJOYING the phone you have.
    02-13-13 03:09 PM
    I agree. I was due 2 months ago and i waited till the bb 10 cause i knew it was. Coming out. Lucky i was able to upgrade, again phone is good and selling but is it good enough to bring other platforms users. We will have to wait on that to find out

02-13-13 03:36 PM
    I want to see it on shelves next to the other devices in U.S. stores. It should make it out before the other big new devices hit. I want to see people's reactions as they shop....will it be one of interest? There are some improvements that will have to be made before the launch here. It should be very interesting.
    Didi besh likes this.
    02-13-13 04:15 PM
    is there a reason you're just hijacking threads with complete nonsense? btw YOU'RE the "newbie"

now, we don't really know how many units stores got or how many were even manufactured. if you all remember correctly blackberry was claiming the playbook was selling great too.
    I cant see how this guy "hijacked the thread"... Anyways the PB was selling well at first, it started to die after people found out how half baked it was, but by then the units had already been shipped.
    I think its safe to assume that the Z10 is at least doing OK so far, although I'm pretty sure based off of what we've heard that it has been doing a lot better than just ok...
    02-13-13 04:27 PM
    In summary according to our "favorite" troll/hater regarding the Z10 sales.
    Name-calling again? Don't you ever get tired of that kind of childishness? Frankly, I'm glad you do, because as you soon as you start this, you lose all credibility except among a handful of like-minded individuals.
    Sold out - BS, limited supply
    I did not say this. Read CAREFULLY. I was following the premise of the person to which I responded, which was in fact that they were NOT sold out in the conventional sense. That was NOT my suggestion. I will say this explicitly again: STOP LYING. QUOTE ME DIRECTLY, and respond directly. I know you will not do this, since you have intentionally lied about what I have said before, and have never responded directly. I will be reporting this post.
    Sold little - Absolutely, Obvious except to "simpletons"
    Again, I did not say this. In fact, in the passage you quoted I clearly stated "IF THEY TRULY ARE "SOLD OUT"".

What would make you believe that BB has sold a lot of units and will have sufficient stock for the US stock? I'm curious to see what constitutes proof to you.
    Ah. finally a real line. What would make me believe that BB has sold a lot of units will be: the sales figures. Exactly, what they SHOULD be the case for everyone. Not reports of line-ups from crackberry fans, or fans declaring "what a buzz out there". Even some of the most ardent BB fans agree with THIS, and I (as well as others who are pessimistic) fine a lot of common ground, and good discussion to be had among us. It is only you, and your ilk, who irrationally declare that anyone who doesn't agree that we KNOW they have sold huge numbers is a "troll/hater" disagree, and frankly, you poison CB.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-13-13 04:33 PM
    Slim BlackBerry pickings in UAE as demand for Z10 outstrips supply - The National
    BlackBerry Z10 Gets Record Orders in Canada - Bloomberg
    BlackBerry Z10 Launch Sold Record Number of Units Says Rogers | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

You haters and ex-rim employees are so bitter one wonders why you bother to come here? The fact is simple the Z10 is selling out like crazy. Another fact is it's the best phone on the market today. It crushes my SG3 which was good but doesn't compare to the Z10. No more in and out like it's 2008 and wasting so much time. The Z10 has a faster web browser then even my PC. If you compare it to my SG3 it's not even funny how the Z10 beats it with ease. So many mindless haters here it's not funny.
    I am hoping you are right as I miss the blackberry brand and would love to give them another shot, but my sg3 is the bees knees IMO and has curb stomped any other phone I have had from speed to smoothness and just about everything else.

It will take a lot to sway me. Can't wait to test drive one. And for whatever reason it don't, then so be it. Just hope BB is back as competition is a good thing.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    02-13-13 04:39 PM
118 1234 ...