"Getting strong Verizon support is a great boost for BB 10, since the carrier is largely responsible for Android�s success in the US, when the iPhone was an AT&T exclusive. Verizon is also the number 1 carrier in the US by subscriber count, and has a better 4G LTE network than AT&T."

BlackBerry 10's Best Hope in the US is Verizon | The Gadget Masters
    04-11-13 07:15 AM
    Remember that Verizon is the US arm of Vodafone, and Vodafone is part of Samsung's Tizen consortium. It is highly likely that Verizon will toe the party line and will give preferential treatment to Samsung devices, whether Android or Tizen.
    04-11-13 07:23 AM
    Remember that Verizon is the US arm of Vodafone, and Vodafone is part of Samsung's Tizen consortium. It is highly likely that Verizon will toe the party line and will give preferential treatment to Samsung devices, whether Android or Tizen.
    But better to back BlackBerry which is still seen as a lesser player (niche) then Apple or Windows.
    04-11-13 07:36 AM
    Wasn't there news of VZW and AT&T grouping up to buy Vodafone, and buy out their interest in Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:05 AM
    "Getting strong Verizon support is a great boost for BB 10, since the carrier is largely responsible for Android�s success in the US, when the iPhone was an AT&T exclusive. Verizon is also the number 1 carrier in the US by subscriber count, and has a better 4G LTE network than AT&T."

BlackBerry 10's Best Hope in the US is Verizon | The Gadget Masters
    I'm not sure what you're expecting -- VZW-made BB10 ads (like the ones Sprint does for the iPhone), positioning in VZW's stores and on its websites, or both? Even if VZW goes that extra mile, if that's BB10's best hope, it's pretty pathetic. The onus was and still is on BBRY to sell its new line. And while I see (not very good) ads on TV every once in a blue moon (more often during NBA games, for some reason), I see no evidence of any concerted push to market BB10 successfully. Which leads to this:

Survey: 83% of Americans have no idea BlackBerry 10 has launched

I really don't get it. This is a company that by its own admission needs a home run, yet it's not pulling out all of the stops.
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-11-13 10:15 AM
    This is an outright lie. Verizon is a US Communications firm. One of its Divisions is a subsidiary known as Verizon Wireless. Verizon is the majority owner of Verizon Wireless as a matter of record. Vodafone, a UK corporation is a minority stakeholder. Always has been. Do your research. Verizon has full control and voting rights over the Board of Verizon Wireless.

04-11-13 10:29 AM
    I'm not sure what you're expecting -- VZW-made BB10 ads (like the ones Sprint does for the iPhone), positioning in VZW's stores and on its websites, or both? Even if VZW goes that extra mile, if that's BB10's best hope, it's pretty pathetic. The onus was and still is on BBRY to sell its new line. And while I see (not very good) ads on TV every once in a blue moon (more often during NBA games, for some reason), I see no evidence of any concerted push to market BB10 successfully. Which leads to this:

I really don't get it. This is a company that by its own admission needs a home run, yet it's not pulling out all of the stops.
    I think they are waiting for the Q10. Once there are two nice products in the store, that is when you want to get the customers coming in. Also, the sports demographic is young and male and is a very good market for any cellphone company. And in particularly Blackberry.
    04-11-13 11:34 AM
    I went to my local Verizon store and the rep was excited about the new blackberry. It was just booting up when I went by and we talked about it for a bit. Also a customer in the store started singing its praises and that she had gotten it last week. It is going to sell in New York, I can tell you that. But the Q10 is going to sell better.
    04-11-13 11:36 AM
    Last night I saw Verizon's BB10 ad showing off BBM Video. Much better than the first ad the BBerry put out. Verizon can make a huge difference as the #1 US carrier if it continues to push BB10.
    04-11-13 12:04 PM
    I think they should drop the price and get it on Metro PCS. People aren't going to gamble on a two year contract. They want a sure thing. $300 on Metro PCS, and $49 on contract. If BB10 is as good as you say.. They next flagship should sell like iphones
    04-11-13 02:07 PM
    My Verizon pulled all of their Z10s due to returns. Sold 12 and all but 1 were returned. Probably just a bad batch, but by the looks of the forum there are a lot of Verizon stores with bad batches.
    04-11-13 02:20 PM
    My Verizon pulled all of their Z10s due to returns. Sold 12 and all but 1 were returned. Probably just a bad batch, but by the looks of the forum there are a lot of Verizon stores with bad batches.
    Mind sharing your local stores number? Not calling you out ...but I would like to verify this. thx

Posted via CB10
    Lehomer likes this.
    04-11-13 02:29 PM
    No?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:31 PM
    This must not be the same store as yours ....Debunking Detwiler Fenton (Blackberry) in [Market-Ticker] I checked Verizon in Eden Prairie MN, I n the last two days only one returned, swapped from White to Black. Costco up the road from VZ,, guy there wasn't aware of any returns but he is a college kid and says he doesn't work every day. Both were impressed with the Z10.
    04-11-13 04:57 PM
    I see Verizon commercials for the Z10 all the time. I only watch sports but I see them at least 5 times durring one game. All the Verizon stores I have been to have Z10 ads posted on the windows or a sign right outside the shop.

Verizon is definitely marketing the Z10 more than anyone else. If only they can update my device so I can run on the same software as everyone else.
    04-11-13 05:53 PM

I disagree with the home run part. BlackBerry needs to get a good product in enough people's hands to stay afloat. From there, they will develop some good will and regain credibility. Once that happens, the customers will do the advertising for them. No matter how good the Z10 is, people will be cautious until BlackBerry proves they have their **** together.

Posted via CB10
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    04-11-13 11:21 PM
    That is not actually correct on the ownership issue nor on the the idea that Vodafone is locked into anything with Tizen, they are involved with Samsung in that but there is no way they are going to be doing anything preferential in that regard if their customers want bb10, iphone, android or even wp8 as their main interest is in selling as many phone contracts as they can plain and simple.
    04-12-13 02:30 PM
    Last night I saw Verizon's BB10 ad showing off BBM Video. Much better than the first ad the BBerry put out. Verizon can make a huge difference as the #1 US carrier if it continues to push BB10.
    BB obviously cannot depend too much on even the largest single carrier and will need to win over them all with each new device that comes out, but it certainly doesn't hurt them to have the biggest one supporting them right from the outset as it should encourage the others to do likewise.
    04-12-13 02:36 PM
    Good to see Verizon stepping up and say they haven't seen an unusual amount of returns.
    04-12-13 09:04 PM
    Im about to cancel my sprint contract just to go to verizon. Even if that mean to pay more than ehat i pay with sprint. Im waiting for q10,but i dknt know if im going to wait.
    04-12-13 10:48 PM
    Verizon is worth more than Vodafone. And Vodafone may own, but they do not control Verizon.

In this case I don't think Vodafone has any say in what to do.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:56 AM
    Verizon is worth more than Vodafone. And Vodafone may own, but they do not control Verizon.

In this case I don't think Vodafone has any say in what to do.

Posted via CB10
    A small operator in US worth more than the second biggest operator in the world??? Please...

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:05 PM
    Today i went to a verizon corporate store and they have bb10 billboard from entrance to back. They even have just one side of the bb10,with a big z10 pic. They have same for iphone and windows. The way was positioned was ok. First were windows/z10/android ,then on the walls where a windows section android bb and apple. The rest was tablet and features phone. Verizon is position their lines of phone much different than att and sprint. Tmobike also have a section for each phone with big signs like apple blackberry android and windows. You dont see that from att or sprint.
    04-13-13 10:43 PM
    Looks like the Verizon support is starting to show some results....

Verizon's Z10 sales giving BlackBerry a boost, according to Chitika - FierceWireless
    04-17-13 11:53 AM
    A small operator in US worth more than the second biggest operator in the world??? Please...

Posted via CB10
    2012 Revenues: Verizon Wireless $75.9 Billion (Market cap $141.63 Billion)
    Vodaphone $74.09 Billion (Market cap $141.49)

Both numbers in dollars.

Essentially a wash, but I guess our "small" US operator is able to pull slightly larger revenues than the second biggest operator in the world.

For the record, this isn't the best news for US subscribers because it reflects high revenue per user. However, it does underline the importance of the US market in terms of Blackberry's success. I know lots on this board like to downplay that.

Verizon owns 55% of Verizon Wireless and according to reports is look to buy out Vodaphone's 45%.
    04-17-13 07:49 PM
26 12