Apple invented the world of applications. Mock them all you want. The iTunes app store and iPhone directly led to the predicament RIMBerry is trying to dig themselves out of.
    But ignore history. That's OK. Rome wasn't built in a day. But the Romans didn't overpromise, hype up and underdeliver either.
    Exact , If you want a game phone then buy a iphone, if you want a game and work phone get BBZ10.
    Apple iphone is just another portable game console on the go.
    Of those Apple Apps , in percentage how many would you say worth while having?
    How many different type of apps could you have about solitarie?
    02-01-13 12:18 PM
    And who cares if they are repackaged if they work as intended.
    02-01-13 12:33 PM
    Exact , If you want a game phone then buy a iphone, if you want a game and work phone get BBZ10.
    Apple iphone is just another portable game console on the go.
    Of those Apple Apps , in percentage how many would you say worth while having?
    How many different type of apps could you have about solitarie?
    So the fact that the BBZEDZEE10 launched with Angry Birds (a game I have never played) makes it a gamer device, right.
    Your logic is faulty. Overly emotional. I want applications that I need for work. Not Netflix. SkyDrive. Lync (which I had on BB7).
    I don't care about the quantity - it is important that I have what I need. Not what you think is enough.
    Don't overpromise and underdeliver. Still waiting on Skype (actually I am not).
    richardat likes this.
    02-01-13 12:38 PM
    When Apple iphone came out they had 500,000 apps on Launch, NOT
    I don't understand why people assume that these launches are somehow interchangeable. Apps are a lot more important (for the consumer) today than they were in 2006.
    02-01-13 12:38 PM
    And who cares if they are repackaged if they work as intended.
    There are apps out there that appear that are formatted for a PlayBook and look like garbage on the Z10.
    Didn't anyone check?
    Battery Watch shows the OS as Android 2.3.3
    If BlackBerry let every app in without checking them, that makes them similar to the Android Cesspool. I didn't suggest they did do that, but the QC isn't there yet.
    02-01-13 12:40 PM
    There are apps out there that appear that are formatted for a PlayBook and look like garbage on the Z10.
    Didn't anyone check?
    Battery Watch shows the OS as Android 2.3.3
    If BlackBerry let every app in without checking them, that makes them similar to the Android Cesspool. I didn't suggest they did do that, but the QC isn't there yet.
    Well that is an issue then.
    02-01-13 12:46 PM
    been using ported apps on my PB since day one... no problem.
    in most cases you can get everything you need on the web browser and that apps are just for convenience.

I use the TSN and SCORE android apps for PB... but I can easily go to the website, bc it works perfectly.
    How do u get the android apps on the PB I've recently received my PB and I'd like to learn
    02-01-13 03:22 PM
    How do u get the android apps on the PB I've recently received my PB and I'd like to learn
    Check the stickies in the PB forum.
    02-01-13 03:26 PM
    Apple invented the world of applications. Mock them all you want. The iTunes app store and iPhone directly led to the predicament RIMBerry is trying to dig themselves out of.
    But ignore history. That's OK. Rome wasn't built in a day. But the Romans didn't overpromise, hype up and underdeliver either.
    I don't see any reasonable posters here mocking Apple. No one denies they invented the app, and the concept of the eco-system. My hats off to them. They have done a tremendous job and are the standard all others must live up to.

However, no on can reasonably expect 1.0 of any new OS to be at the exact same point as iOS 6 in terms of app selection. And I don't ever remember hearing them say they were going to launch with 700,000 apps, and with every popular app. They worked hard to secure as many big name apps as they could, and are still working. As the platform gains traction, more and more devs will jump on.

Really, the best case scenario for RIM was to launch a polished 1.0 with some major apps. They have succeeded here. Phase two, evolve and bug fix as well as woo more big name apps/devs. This part is critical. They have come this far, no reason why they can't continue to move forward.
    kbz1960 and web99 like this.
    02-01-13 03:30 PM
    So the fact that the BBZEDZEE10 launched with Angry Birds (a game I have never played) makes it a gamer device, right.
    Your logic is faulty. Overly emotional. I want applications that I need for work. Not Netflix. SkyDrive. Lync (which I had on BB7).
    I don't care about the quantity - it is important that I have what I need. Not what you think is enough.
    Don't overpromise and underdeliver. Still waiting on Skype (actually I am not).
    What did they over promise to you? What apps did they explicitly say they would have at launch that are not there?
    02-01-13 03:32 PM
    At the Launch Event on Wednesday, which I attended in NYC, then specifically called out the Kindle App and Skype. Huge logos on their Apps screen. No "coming soon".
    Neither of which are available as of today, which I believe is after the launch.
    They didn't overpromise me. They overpromised everyone.
    02-01-13 03:42 PM
    No, they invaded "peaceful" neighboring countries, enslaved their people and plundered all of their wealth to feed the monster back home. Don't forget Rome also fell to invaders because they simply knocked over a few aqua ducts and waited for the people to revolt against the leadership.

History is the greatest educator...
    02-01-13 03:45 PM
    At the Launch Event on Wednesday, which I attended in NYC, then specifically called out the Kindle App and Skype. Huge logos on their Apps screen. No "coming soon".
    Neither of which are available as of today, which I believe is after the launch.
    They said those groups were committed and were developing these apps. Weren't you listening?
    02-01-13 03:46 PM
    Oh, I was listening and I was sitting right there - about 25' from Kevin's shearing.
    Committed. Right.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-01-13 03:48 PM
    Oh, I was listening and I was sitting right there - about 25' from Kevin's shearing.
    Committed. Right.
    So you don't believe them? I am glad I haven't invested so much of myself into RIM err BlackBerry to be as burnt as some of you appear to have been. I guess I just don't get it and probably never will. I hope they can do something to win you back, if it is possible.
    02-01-13 03:52 PM
    If they are available by US launch I will be fine with it.
    02-01-13 03:55 PM
    @
    Never mind - you don't know. I like the Z10 - but it is incomplete. It is not a game changer. I hope (and don't think) it ends up like the Playbook - a bad footnote.
    Out of curiosity, outside of the apps, what do you find incomplete about it?

Just asking. When I got PlayBook, it had big things that were incomplete - no calendar, no contacts, no email, no BBM, no desktop manager contact syncing, no BES support etc.

Seems like all these things are there on this. And a lot more apps too.

Not disputing - just curious as to your findings
    02-01-13 04:07 PM
    Marty Mallick came right out and said, "they've committed to the platform" not available now.
    02-01-13 04:08 PM
    FWIW.....As of late the Android player on my PB has been rock solid.
    02-01-13 04:32 PM
    So the phone is not officially available anywhere in the world, except the UK, and you are unhappy because the device you managed to get your hands on does not have said apps showing in app world yet?

Wow. Melodrama at its finest right here. Just go buy an iPhone and be happy. It's just a phone.
    02-01-13 07:13 PM
    I don't need to buy an iPhone. Never have and never will. I have a Lumia 920 right here, with all of the abovementioned apps (wait, it's Windows Phone, they don't have any apps). Well, they do.
    Will I switch back to it - time will tell. And since the Zed10 is considered officially launched by RIM, I don't think people's expectations are too high. I guess when you get yours, you can make up your own mind as to the availability of apps that you want and need. Until then...
    02-02-13 01:42 PM
    I can't wait to sideload. I have had Zero problems on my playbook! Amazon Cloud, Dropbox, Kindle, just to name a few!
    02-02-13 02:03 PM
    It isn't the number of apps. It is the quality. Many of the Map apps are terrible. I can barely find any recognizable names in App World.
    Least of all the ones mentioned at the launch that aren't there yet.
    I understand the obsession with apps but:

1. Whoever is happy with Android app quality should not complain about any percentage of those for BB10 or PlayBook. If they are happy with an Android app, they should be happy with it on BB as well.

2. If they want better-than-Android experience that is available to BB, that in itself is the admission that BB experience is better and that they are asking for more, not the same.

3. I am puzzled by the latest trend of counting "crapps". Yes, developers posted thousands if not tens of thousands of "crapps" for BB. They are learning. But, there are hundreds of thousands of "crapps" on other platforms. Now, that sounds a little different, does it not? It is not even a percentage that matters, actually - read on.

4. What matters is "can this thing help me do what I want to do?". Not how many apps. Some platforms may need more/multiple apps to do a thing others need just one or have it built-in.

5. It is not even entirely about existing apps (yes, it helps to get started but...). Maybe a platform has other, better apps. Maybe apps don't need to be better by themselves but end up working better because of platform integration?

So, the urge to look for "recognizable names" is understandable, but try to overcome it. Yes, we must accept that this is a new platform and will not have a few things you're used to. But it may either get them soon or may already have something even better, with a "non-recognizable name".
    02-02-13 02:35 PM
    I don't need to buy an iPhone. Never have and never will. I have a Lumia 920 right here, with all of the abovementioned apps (wait, it's Windows Phone, they don't have any apps). Well, they do.
    Will I switch back to it - time will tell. And since the Zed10 is considered officially launched by RIM, I don't think people's expectations are too high. I guess when you get yours, you can make up your own mind as to the availability of apps that you want and need. Until then...
    You sound so bitter. Who said WP had no apps? MS has been working hard to secure big name apps. It didn't happen overnight for them and it won't for RIM. Just go back to your Windows phone and be happy. If RIM has not lived up to your expectations, then so be it.
    02-02-13 11:02 PM
    I don't understand why people assume that these launches are somehow interchangeable. Apps are a lot more important (for the consumer) today than they were in 2006.
    ABSOLUTELY 100% FALSE!!!

Mobile phone browsers are MUCH better now, so MANY APPS ARE NOT NEEDED because the browsers can actually view the web pages. As much as Jobs said that the original iPhone was a 'true' and 'full' browser, the CURRENT iPhone browser doesnt even fill that title... WHICH IS WHY MANY APPS WERE INVENTED. Sure apps are needed for games... but if Netflix used a streaming system that wasnt silverlight then there would be no need for a Netflix app, just like there really isnt a need for a Google Maps app or a TSN/ESPN app, or a NY Times app... ALL OF THESE 'APPS' are just easy ways to get to the INFORMATION THAT IS ON THE WEBSITE.

People need to realize how ***** they sound when the say APPS APPS APPS. Do you have a different SHORTCUT on your computer desktop for every website you go to?
    How do you go to Google Maps on your computer?

http:/maps.google.ca... then why the **** wont you use m.google.ca/maps ... SAME THING!
    02-03-13 01:02 AM
81 1234