I think you missed my point about small sample sizes being statistically significant when that survey is conducted by professionals who understand sampling.
    Depends on the level of precision desired. Given how heterogeneous the population is, a small sample size may not cut it, even if it's perfectly randomized.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-02-14 04:08 PM
    worth mentioning study only has a sample size of 500 people.
    I know it's anecdotal, but from just seeing random people, 0.0% has been my experience since launch. I only know two people (besides me) with Z10s (and they only bought it because they saw mine). I have not met one random stranger who has ANY BB10 device within the year it's been out.

I live in NY, about 30 min north of NYC and I am in NYC all the time, which has a huge population and tons of tourism. Not one BB10 device. Bolds? Sure. BB10? Nope.
    JeepBB and Rello like this.
    02-02-14 05:18 PM
    As I said above, ignore the surveys if you don't believe what they're saying... Do your own.
    Simply count the number of BB10 devices you see vs everything else as you go about your day.
    If you reach double figures, you either cannot count, or you live in Waterloo!

JBB
    Poirots Progeny and bekkay like this.
    02-03-14 02:31 AM
    As I said above, ignore the surveys if you don't believe what they're saying... Do your own.
    Simply count the number of BB10 devices you see vs everything else as you go about your day.
    Or travel on business in a Canadian airport. Haha
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-03-14 10:23 AM
    And now that Foxconn is the primary manufacturing partner, JC can tour any Foxconn factory and if he sees that they are making something interesting, he can ask them "Can you make us some of those?" and they will say "Sure, we'll put the Blackberry logo on these. Just tell us how many you want. Don't worry, anything that you can't sell, we'll take the risk for."

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    02-03-14 10:41 AM
    I know it's anecdotal, but from just seeing random people, 0.0% has been my experience since launch. I only know two people (besides me) with Z10s (and they only bought it because they saw mine). I have not met one random stranger who has ANY BB10 device within the year it's been out.

I live in NY, about 30 min north of NYC and I am in NYC all the time, which has a huge population and tons of tourism. Not one BB10 device. Bolds? Sure. BB10? Nope.
    Well I see bb10 devices daily...in college and on trains. And i live in ny

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    neteng1000 likes this.
    02-03-14 10:50 AM

JBB
    Well I can't count cause since I live in ny and seen over probably 50 devices,

I must be ******** or something. Or just lying I guess,

02-03-14 10:53 AM
    CLICK HERE[/URL] To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    I live in NE PA, work in Paterson, NJ and am frequently in NYC and to date I have seen exactly one other Q in the 6 or 7 months they have been available in the USA.

My industry, which used to be dominated by BlackBerry phones now I know of 2 others besides my own, 1 in the USA and 1 in Colombia. I am certain I have seen more legacy BlackBerry phones in the past 10 months than I have seen of BB10 phones since the April launch of the Z10. I have yet to see a Z30 in the wild.

I guess it's who you know and where you go my experience is very different than yours.
    02-03-14 11:12 AM

I guess it's who you know and where you go my experience is very different than yours.
    Exactly, so telling someone they doing know how to count etc.. because their experience is different from his is just ridiculous.

02-03-14 11:21 AM
    Well I can't count cause since I live in ny and seen over probably 50 devices,

I must be ******** or something. Or just lying I guess,
    Well, you clearly can count. Over 50 you say?

That's an astonishingly high number of BB10 devices to have seen, given the rather more common tale of people seeing one or two... ever. I've seen exactly none, unless I count the Z10 I tracked down in a shop sitting alone and unloved. I'm in the UK, always a BB stronghold, and live and work in Britain's sixth biggest city.

It's certainly a statistical quirk for one person to have seen so many, but I wouldn't immediately assume you are lying.

I did cast doubt on another guy who claimed to have seen eight times more BB10 handsets than WinPhones in the wild... but I didn't call him a liar either.

I am however curious to learn where in NY is this wondrous place where BB10 handsets are common.
    kbz1960 and propeller10 like this.
    02-03-14 11:49 AM

That's an astonishingly high number of BB10 devices to have seen, given the rather more common tale of people seeing one or two... ever. I've seen exactly none, unless I count the Z10 I tracked down in a shop sitting alone and unloved. I'm in the UK, always a BB stronghold, and live and work in Britain's sixth biggest city.

It's certainly a statistical quirk for one person to have seen so many, but I wouldn't immediately assume you are lying.

I did cast doubt on another guy who claimed to have seen eight times more BB10 handsets than WinPhones in the wild... but I didn't call him a liar either.

I am however curious to learn where in NY is this wondrous place where BB10 handsets are common.
    So the 500 person survey that this article is referring to is fool proof according to some but sirjes seeing 50 devices is impossible?
    People who are taking this survey as proof clearly don't understand how stats can be manipulated to get any desired results. How about they survey 500 members of CB? What would the market share be then?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:00 PM

Good old Brooklyn
    I even sat and chatted with a couple of them.

ray689 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:05 PM

Travel to Toronto one day and you'll be amazed by how many you see; oh and maybe step into the head office of a certain massive bank that only deploys BB10 devices to management.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:08 PM
    How about they survey 500 members of CB? What would the market share be then?
    Given the way some here rant about posters who don't use a BB10 phone, quite a ways short of 100% I'd guess.
    02-03-14 12:19 PM
    Given the way some here rant about posters who don't use a BB10 phone, quite a ways short of 100% I'd guess.
    I didn't say 100% there champ. I was giving you an example of how stats can be manipulated. Clearly you don't understand how that works.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:21 PM
    Good old Brooklyn
    I even sat and chatted with a couple of them.
    As I said above, I'm not calling you a liar.

There are and always will be hotspots I guess. The UK used to be one place that you couldn't cross the street without seeing several BB phones, not anymore in my experience or according to Kantar. And there's Canada for sure, but I hear they see a lot of Nokias in Finland and probably for similar reasons.
    02-03-14 12:26 PM
    I didn't say 100% there champ. I was giving you an example of how stats can be manipulated. Clearly you don't understand how that works.
    And I didn't claim you were one of the ranters, champ. I was just giving an example of how the results from even sure-fire sample groups can be skewed, Clearly you don't understand how that works.
    02-03-14 12:29 PM
    As I said above, I'm not calling you a liar.

There are and always will be hotspots I guess. The UK used to be one place that you couldn't cross the street without seeing several BB phones, not anymore in my experience or according to Kantar. And there's Canada for sure, but I hear they see a lot of Nokias in Finland and probably for similar reasons.
    Maybe he saw the same person 50+ times.
    02-03-14 12:33 PM
    And I didn't claim you were one of the ranters, champ. I was just giving an example of how the results from even sure-fire sample groups can be skewed, Clearly you don't understand how that works.
    You completely contradicted your point above. First you question people's ability to count, and then you give the disclaimer that if it is in Waterloo. The city of Toronto is not Waterloo yet there are many BB10 devices in the wild here.
    ray689 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:33 PM
    Yet you are disputing everyone else's real world example but sticking by this sure fire article? Good for you....nice to have discussions with logical people...oh ya that's sarcasm incase you don't get that either.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:36 PM
    You completely contradicted your point above. First you question people's ability to count, and then you give the disclaimer that if it is in Waterloo. The city of Toronto is not Waterloo yet there are many BB10 devices in the wild here.
    Toronto is in Canada if my geography is correct. Canada has always been a strong BB hotspot, just as Finland is for Nokia. I mentioned that above. The Waterloo statement in my original post was shorthand for "an absolutely surefire place you'll in all probability see lots of BB10 handsets". I thought the phase in quotes wasn't pithy enough, so I didn't use it. Perhaps I should have?

Did I seriously believe that only in Waterloo, and nowhere else in Canada, would people see larger numbers of BB10 handsets, erm.. no.
    DINGSTER1 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:44 PM
    Toronto is in Canada if my geography is correct. Canada has always been a strong BB hotspot, just as Finland is for Nokia. I mentioned that above. The Waterloo statement in my original post was shorthand for "an absolutely surefire place you'll in all probability see lots of BB10 handsets". I thought the phase in quotes wasn't pithy enough, so I didn't use it. Perhaps I should have?

Did I seriously believe that only in Waterloo, and nowhere else in Canada, would people see larger numbers of BB10 handsets, erm.. no.
    You have contradicted yourself through out this post and now you're deflecting. You say above to people to ignore the survey and do their own informal ones, and when you don't like the results you fall back on the original survey and try to be cheeky. Honestly this discussion is fruitless, no pun intended.

Posted via my Z10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-03-14 12:50 PM
    You have contradicted yourself through out this post and now you're deflecting. You say above to people to ignore the survey and do their own informal ones, and when you don't like the results you fall back on the original survey and try to be cheeky. Honestly this discussion is fruitless, no pun intended.
    Yeah, you got me.

Everything I've posted is just a mass of contradictions, and all surveys reporting poor BB10 sales are irredeemably flawed. BB10 sales are going gang-busters everywhere.

BTW, I did chuckle at being called "cheeky", haven't been called cheeky in over 30 years!
    02-03-14 01:03 PM
    Yeah, you got me.

Everything I've posted is just a mass of contradictions, and all surveys reporting poor BB10 sales are irredeemably flawed. BB10 sales are going gang-busters everywhere.

BTW, I did chuckle at being called "cheeky", haven't been called cheeky in over 30 years!
    You're right. You contradict yourself, thanks for confirming it.

Posted via my Z10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-03-14 01:06 PM
    Yeah, you got me.

Nobody was disputing poor sales....the dispute was the 0% and this survey.
    Same old song and dance with your type of poster. Flame, contradict, make baseless statement and when called out...play the poor me card with some condescending statement. Tired old act and all of you can be seen for what you truly are on this site.

Posted via CB10
    SirJes and zyben like this.
    02-03-14 01:09 PM
59 123