BlackBerry 10 review: First look - Review - Know Your Mobile

Check it out! Beyond awesomeness!

EDIT: Some more screenshots here -
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/blac...ting-50007947/
    and
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...k#s=more223646 - Thanks to Bilaal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if people noticed this. But in the picture where the apps layout is shown, instead of swiping left or right to see more apps, we will be swiping up or down. This was the obvious choice considering that the application layout will be on left to right swipe of the homescreen, but atleast now we can say its confirmed.

Here's a picture if you don't follow what I'm saying :P

Look to the right of that picture and notice those bubbles, those are usually located under the application grid (in iOS) and allow you to swipe left or right.
    Last edited by sahil123; 05-14-12 at 01:39 PM.
    05-14-12 12:10 PM
    Interesting to say the least...
    05-14-12 12:17 PM
    Mindboggling.
    05-14-12 12:22 PM
    After reading the article properly, it just seems like they've reviewed what they saw at BB World. Apart from the screenshots (that one of BBM!), it's nothing we didn't already know.
    sam_b77 likes this.
    05-14-12 12:24 PM
    After reading the article properly, it just seems like they've reviewed what they saw at BB World. Apart from the screenshots (that one of BBM!), it's nothing we didn't already know.
    I was just about to say I saw all that at blackberry world, lol. But very exciting stuff
    05-14-12 12:26 PM
    I was just about to say I saw all that at blackberry world, lol. But very exciting stuff
    Yeah, exciting in a sense where they seem to have had an exclusive feel of the OS and not just the alpha device. Or was that also the device itself? From what I could make out, it just looked like the alpha device.
    05-14-12 12:28 PM
    Yes I just wonder how they got their hands on one ahead of everybody else, and not be bound by an NDA.
    05-14-12 12:28 PM

I think the shot is of the messages screen with the view set to "BBM only".
    05-14-12 12:32 PM
    05-14-12 12:33 PM
    Thanks for sharing, worse a bump !
    sahil123 likes this.
    05-14-12 12:46 PM
    One thing the article said that I wasnt aware of that i think is absolutely amazing and shows the unity among products that RIM will be releasing is the keyboard!

The feature about the keyboard i didnt know was that they said the predictive words will be combined among all your BB10 devices!! so if i use my phone 90% of the time and then my tablet...i guess it will use my BBID and transfer my commonly used words and phrases to my tablet so that my tablet doesnt need to learn how i type and what words i write! very slick integration!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-14-12 12:59 PM
    although i do not believe they have the right information surrounding editing software on BB10...they said other companies are providing it and RIM wont on BB10 but i believe thats not the case as they own JayCut and we can almost assume it will be on BB10 for video editing...as seen on a previously leaked picture of it on a playbook!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-14-12 01:01 PM
    Nice! I can't wait for BlackBerry 10 , I know BB10 it's RIM's Hail Mary but It's a good shot from what we have known and seen so far.
    05-14-12 01:17 PM
    "When you start to use a BB10 device, Bhardwaj said RIM's software will scan your previous history -- looking at your emails, IMs, SMSes, Twitter and so on to "understand the type of words you use". This vocabulary is then fed into its fluency word prediction engine for the best guess at what you're trying to type. The result is a phone that tailors itself to its owner's hands and lingo, according to Bhardwaj."

Hmm, i didn't know this previously. Interesting.
    sahil123 likes this.
    05-14-12 01:34 PM

Looks similar to playbook method of switching inboxes. Also looks like a DEDICATED GMAIL inbox. Heres to hoping for tight gmail integration!
    05-14-12 02:29 PM
    Loving what the new OS is going to bring...But im wondering is it just me, or does anyone else dislike that static bar at the bottom of the screen with the search and etc on? For me its the only negative so far i know some people are going to argue that its necessary but its ugly especially on the homescreen if you carnt get rid of it
    05-14-12 06:36 PM
    Meh. . .nothing good or bad about it in my opinion. . .I guess without a hardware convenience button you have to make it a software thing. . .oh well. . .
    05-14-12 07:03 PM
    Looks like iOS.
    05-14-12 07:44 PM
    Looks like iOS.
    Explain your reasoning behind your great input to the discussion please...

Just before you say "iOS has apps laid out in rows like that"...please try and be more constructive because BBOS had an App Launcher before iOS was ever invented...so please explain how something they did before iOS somehow looks like iOS
    05-14-12 08:30 PM
    Good stuff. I can't wait to see the final UI.
    05-14-12 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD