I guess it's more of a statement, but I'm curious how the loyalist feel. I recently read an article (will link later) citing something to the extent that now that BlackBerry has confirmed no NEW BlackBerry 10 devices, but will continue to support the OS, BlackBerry 10 devices and users now join the ranks of other BlackBerry Legacy users.

To me it was thought provoking that someone running a Passport and someone running a Bold 9900 would both be considered Legacy users. Not that a title matters. It's just strange to me that an OS such BlackBerry 10 is a "Legacy" anything. Pretty meaningless to most but for someone like me who has gone from RIM Pager to Nextel to Click Wheel, Track Ball, TrackPad, and through every BB10 device it's hard for me to lump in a Z30 or Passport with a Pearl and vice versa.
    01-08-17 12:49 PM
    It's the new reality for us BlackBerrians. Even those of us happily running android apps will feel the sting of obsolescence once those developers decide to support only 4.4+ minimum levels. Not happy about it but it is what it is....

Having said that..i'm looking forward to people turning up their nose at me having a blackberry then showing that it's running android and then watch them scramble to find a reason to still hate on it.

Posted via CB10
    int3h likes this.
    01-08-17 01:57 PM
    Maybe old legacy and new legacy? 😉
    01-08-17 02:02 PM
    Pope now considered "Catholic".
    01-08-17 02:19 PM
    Just find it odd to say. Again, no judging or anything like that but there's always been separation even in the BBRY community between those who "held on" to their Legacy Devices and those who moved to BB10.

Even times people saying if all Legacy users moved BB10 it would have changed things a lot. And now...everyone is a Legacy User. It's all semantics in the end. It's still a situation of use the device the works best for you thing.

Again, just curious what people think. It doesn't bother me, but it definitely says something that BB10 devices are Legacy Devices in the eyes of the tech community.

Then again for so long showing someone a BB10 device and convincing them how great the new OS was continued to be a challenge so it's probably irrelevant to most anyway. Outside the BlackBerry community, nobody knows the difference.

Even when I explain DTEK to Android friends they think I'm nuts. My friends with Nougat just say it offers the same protection which it maybe close, but it's not the same.
    01-08-17 02:25 PM
    I think it all just means that you're getting old. Me too, in full disclosure. To anyone outside of the BlackBerry community, a BlackBerry is a legacy smartphone whether it's BBOS or BB10 or even Android. Case in point: I've a friend I saw recently over the holidays who I see maybe once every two years or so and he saw my Priv. His comment was, wow, a BlackBerry...thats a really old phone. But then he added, he had a really old phone too, still on KitKat even. I said yeah, mine's on Marshmallow. Then came the usual look of surprise followed by that well know statement, I thought BlackBerry had gone out of business years ago. How could you possibly have one running MM? But back to your question, yes BB10's are legacy devices. Like it or not.
    01-08-17 05:09 PM
    Just like I find it odd that Pearl Jam and Nirvana are "classic rock" on the same radio station as Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    01-09-17 09:33 PM
    If BlackBerry 10 devices are now the new "legacy" then what do we call OS 5, 6, and 7? Ancient?
    01-09-17 10:08 PM
    If BlackBerry 10 devices are now the new "legacy" then what do we call OS 5, 6, and 7? Ancient?
    Irrelevant?
    ronfc likes this.
    01-09-17 10:42 PM
    Historical pieces or relics
    01-10-17 12:10 AM
    I think it all just means that you're getting old. Me too, in full disclosure. To anyone outside of the BlackBerry community, a BlackBerry is a legacy smartphone whether it's BBOS or BB10 or even Android. Case in point: I've a friend I saw recently over the holidays who I see maybe once every two years or so and he saw my Priv. His comment was, wow, a BlackBerry...thats a really old phone. But then he added, he had a really old phone too, still on KitKat even. I said yeah, mine's on Marshmallow. Then came the usual look of surprise followed by that well know statement, I thought BlackBerry had gone out of business years ago. How could you possibly have one running MM? But back to your question, yes BB10's are legacy devices. Like it or not.
    I saw a Storm 2 this fall, talked to the guy and all he ever had to do was get a new battery....ONCE! I posted pics of it to the Resurgence thread when he let me see it.

That was probably the first time in years that I have seen any other Blackberry of any kind and I live in the land of BIS...Canada!

If your old or new Legacy is in good condition, or near perfect because you ordered NEW parts for it like I did for mine, then I personally consider it still "like new." Kind of something like restoring a mechanical swiss watch or an old car. As for me, If I like something I do not get bored with it......

keep on truckin'

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-11-17 12:34 AM
    Artifacts
    01-11-17 12:50 AM