I almost cried...

This is an epic article about BlackBerry and how far it came in order to be where they are today, about to change its history and probably Mobile Industry all over again, by making the greatest comeback in IT. With BlackBerry 10, nobody is laughing anymore, they are eager, they are... waiting!

Are we about to be witness of another inflection point for the Tech Industry? January 30 is the date some of us are waiting impatiently, some of us with emotion, excitement, some other with doubts, even some are waiting for it just to be part of the history or bash on RIM last atempt to be relevant. But what is certain is that nobody wants to lose their seats on that day, because even when they made their choices, Android, IPhone or even WP8, nobody is laughing anymore.

http://www.zdnet.com/blackberry-10-n...ymore-70000097
    01-15-13 07:30 PM
    Link doesn't work for me...
    01-15-13 07:36 PM
    link doesn't work for me either...
    01-15-13 07:50 PM
    Me three.....
    01-15-13 07:53 PM
    And, dude, don't build it up so much!! Anything less than perfection will be crucified if we all believed it's going to be the Second Coming.
    01-15-13 07:53 PM
    Sorry, i dont know what to say, I cant find the article anymore... I emailed ZDNET... asking for it. Hopefully I will know soon....

@Kevinnugent I expect nothing less than being raptured to the heavens where Saint Lazaridis and Father Baisille will take me into their arms and sing songs into my ears...
    Nazoomer and westiewanderer like this.
    01-15-13 07:58 PM
    01-15-13 08:00 PM
    I went to the site and couldn't find it with a search either. They have pulled the article
    01-15-13 08:00 PM
    01-15-13 08:01 PM
    It could be but, the one that says "underdog coming for WP", has a matching "registration" number of 70000097 on its link.. perhaps they changed or replaced it.
    01-15-13 08:04 PM
    It could be but, the one that says "underdog coming for WP", has a matching "registration" number of 70000097 on its link.. perhaps they changed or replaced it.
    Hmmm... different authors too. Two cool positive articles on RIM. What *is* the world coming to?
    01-15-13 08:21 PM
    #BB10Believe
    01-15-13 08:48 PM
    Sorry, i dont know what to say, I cant find the article anymore... I emailed ZDNET... asking for it. Hopefully I will know soon....

@Kevinnugent I expect nothing less than being raptured to the heavens where Saint Lazaridis and Father Baisille will take me into their arms and sing songs into my ears...
    Next time post the article text and a broken link won't matter. Just a tip.
    01-15-13 08:49 PM
    I think it's EXTREMELY important to maintain some perspective over the next couple of weeks.

Without a doubt, this has already been one of the most extraordinary stories I've ever seen in technology, and I really hope that somewhere there's a writer who has enough access to give us all the full story someday. But the story isn't over yet, not by a long shot. We may not be able to see the significance of this launch until it's a couple of years in the rearview mirror.

It's presumptuous in the extreme to call this an "inflection point", not when the market has yet to weigh in.
    01-15-13 09:21 PM
    This is an epic article about BlackBerry and how far it came in order to be where they are today, about to change its history and probably Mobile Industry all over again, by making the greatest comeback in IT. With BlackBerry 10, nobody is laughing anymore, they are eager, they are... waiting!
    To be fair the greatest comeback in the IT industry still belongs to Apple Computer Corporation. That company was on the verge of bankruptcy, had extremely poor products and sales were abysmal. In contrast, Research In Motion has never been near bankruptcy though it too had mediocre products in terms of its competitors with the exception of the BlackBerry PlayBook which suffered from lack of commitment by senior management and lack-lustre marketing. Both companies required a new chief executive officer at the helm and both of these CEOs essentially came from within the management ranks albeit Steve Jobs had been previously fired by Apple's Board of Directors while Thorsten Heins was hand-picked by Mike L. and Jim B. and anointed by Research In Motion's Board of Directors. Apple arose from the ashes. Research In Motion is not quite out of the starting gate in its quest for relevance in a vastly changed world but has an opportunity to succeed or fail with a new product line-up. So, the original assertion in the quotation is false because Apple Computer Corporation was in much worse financial and market-share terms.
    01-15-13 10:43 PM
    To be fair the greatest comeback in the IT industry still belongs to Apple Computer Corporation. That company was on the verge of bankruptcy, had extremely poor products and sales were abysmal. In contrast, Research In Motion has never been near bankruptcy though it too had mediocre products in terms of its competitors with the exception of the BlackBerry PlayBook which suffered from lack of commitment by senior management and lack-lustre marketing. Both companies required a new chief executive officer at the helm and both of these CEOs essentially came from within the management ranks albeit Steve Jobs had been previously fired by Apple's Board of Directors while Thorsten Heins was hand-picked by Mike L. and Jim B. and anointed by Research In Motion's Board of Directors. Apple arose from the ashes. Research In Motion is not quite out of the starting gate in its quest for relevance in a vastly changed world but has an opportunity to succeed or fail with a new product line-up. So, the original assertion in the quotation is false because Apple Computer Corporation was in much worse financial and market-share terms.
    You have to take in acount the Context.... today, a comeback is way difficult if it does not involve teletransportation or antigravity technology, in 1997, even a phone with email would shock the world!... the context my friend, Apple couldn't come back, MICROSOFT made it....

Now RIM faces bigger challenges, yet on a better position. Because if the whole media bashes on you, you are nobody... Even when RIM is healthy, according to US, RIM is being declared "dead" since 2009. In 1997 everybody wanted Apple to succeed, everybody helped, includying its rivals

Remember, without Microsoft, Apple wouldn't be here right now.
    01-15-13 11:00 PM
    The whole "nobody is laughing" thing I can both agree with and disagree with. First, the sensitivity on CrackBerry the last few months is out of control. If someone does not state that BB10 is the second coming or insinuates that RIM is not perfect, they are crucified. We have gone from iPhone and Android users attacking BB users a year ago to BB users attacking everyone in my view. Some people need to grow up and get some thicker skin around here.

I hope BB10 rocks, and RIM has a spectacular comeback. I plan to reenter the BB life with a BB10 Z10. I am excited about it, and I want to support RIM. However, RIM has a lot to prove to a lot of people, including me. They have not come back yet. Spectacular products fail all the time, and so do great companies if they miss the market too much. Don't celebrate until the financials and market position both turn around. The OS and Phone look great, but people have to buy it in large quantities over a sustained period. Up front, things will be great. I just hope sales remain high long after the initial BB faithful rush.
    asherwiin, ricocan, BB12MX and 3 others like this.
    01-17-13 04:12 AM
    The whole "nobody is laughing" thing I can both agree with and disagree with. First, the sensitivity on CrackBerry the last few months is out of control. If someone does not state that BB10 is the second coming or insinuates that RIM is not perfect, they are crucified. We have gone from iPhone and Android users attacking BB users a year ago to BB users attacking everyone in my view. Some people need to grow up and get some thicker skin around here.

I hope BB10 rocks, and RIM has a spectacular comeback. I plan to reenter the BB life with a BB10 Z10. I am excited about it, and I want to support RIM. However, RIM has a lot to prove to a lot of people, including me. They have not come back yet. Spectacular products fail all the time, and so do great companies if they miss the market too much. Don't celebrate until the financials and market position both turn around. The OS and Phone look great, but people have to buy it in large quantities over a sustained period. Up front, things will be great. I just hope sales remain high long after the initial BB faithful rush.
    Typical neutral comment to avoid confrontation. I only going to analyze the first sentence as the rest doesn't have anything to do with the first one.

You say: "no body is laughing anymore" you agree and disagree... so, you think people still laughing at RIM?
    The rest of the paragraph talks about anything but BlackBerry, talks about people, not BB10. Whether they sell or not is something I don't care.. I am a consumer not an investor... Yeah you sounded smart and stuff but you said. "Yes they laugh because they critizes BlackBerry?"... Critics are very important, they help to improve things with opinions we might not perceive. CRITICIZING does not equal to LAUGHING.

Again, your first sentence states that People in general are still laughing at RIM.
    Don't celebrate until the financials and market position turns around?... Are you kidding me, Im celebrating on JAN30 and when I have my z10 in my hands... I aint waiting for your financial analysis.

I can tell you what good decisions RIM has taken since BB10 was announced. Can you tell me the bad ones? if you can't then I can tell you... Nobody is laughing anymore. That is a general consensus, not taking in acount trolls... Yes you sounded very smart and neutral...

And for the record... "Not laughing" at RIM does not means CELEBRATING the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ... your comment is really out of context... is not neutral at all... you took a look at someone saying "no body is laughing anymore" and you said: "hey you cant celebrate, bb is still in bad position, they still have problems, why are you celebrating, they havent sell a single Z10 and people still criticizes BB10"...
    Take it easy, I just thought no body was laughing at RIM anymore...
    01-17-13 09:46 AM
    I think it's EXTREMELY important to maintain some perspective over the next couple of weeks.

Without a doubt, this has already been one of the most extraordinary stories I've ever seen in technology, and I really hope that somewhere there's a writer who has enough access to give us all the full story someday.
    I think we've seen this story before, but written from a boxing perspective. Story is about a boxer who is on top of the world, but begins to get complacent with training and not taking anything serious anymore. Meanwhile, there is an up and coming boxer who is training his @ss off working his way to the top. When the two duke it out, the older boxer is dethroned and seemingly down and out. But he realizes he needs to make changes and work harder in order to once again regain his crown. When they meet again, of course the fight isn't won in the first round, but rather after a long, drawn out, bloodied battle. It was called Rocky 3.

We're about to enter the first round once again, and only time will tell whether RIM can regain it's former glory. But one thing is for sure, they've seemingly made the necessary changes, and have been working hard at making a comeback. Unfortunately, the tech world and consumers in general are even more ruthless than Clubber Lang was..
    01-17-13 10:02 AM
    people are still laughing at blackberry. just not as many as before.
    blackberry still has to prove itself. it has done nothing yet. the proof will be determined by the market

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-17-13 10:03 AM
    people are still laughing at blackberry..
    Not the serious ones
    THBW likes this.
    01-17-13 10:13 AM
    The most irritating thing is that these hacks writing this complimentary stuff NOW had all this information available to them MONTHS AND MONTHS ago, as we all have, as we have been waiting for something we KNEW was going to be excellent, because of what we knew, the leaks, the evidence of the PlayBook.

I continue to be irritated by the bandwagon-jumpers, because it's like the wagon was there, just waiting for them to get on, with nice cushions and complementary hot chocolate, but they were having too much fun burning Jim and Mike in effigy (even months after they were gone) to climb up onto the bandwagon for a nice ride.

Bastarbs.
    BB12MX and morpho4444 like this.
    01-17-13 11:47 AM
    .... just waiting for them to get on, with nice cushions and complementary hot chocolate...
    Wait...how did I miss the hot chocolate?

Next thing I know you'll tell me I missed the free bacon too
    EVILLBURRITO likes this.
    01-17-13 01:24 PM
    The most irritating thing is that these hacks writing this complimentary stuff NOW .....

I continue to be irritated by the bandwagon-jumpers......
    Bandwagon jumpers welcome ......everybody loves a winner, even some past haters, it's all good.

Jan 30 2013 hurry up

Monday , Monday, la la la
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-17-13 01:41 PM
    error message 404
    01-17-13 06:26 PM
30 12