BlackBerry 10 and Native BlackBerry Messenger Coming to PlayBook Soon? - BerryReview

I know there are a few threads about BBM on the Playbook but this is the first I heard about the Playbook getting BlackBerry 10 before launch on Jan 30th.
    Last edited by BB10FTW; 12-23-12 at 06:14 PM.
    12-23-12 05:28 PM
    This would be awesome! I will take BB10 anyway I can get it
    12-23-12 05:39 PM
    I was very surprised when I saw this. I am taking this new info with a grain of salt. I have my doubts but this would be awesome.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    12-23-12 05:42 PM
    12-23-12 05:46 PM
    I understand that there are threads about BBM on the Playbook as I stated in my original post but I posted this because of the mention of BlackBerry 10 being on the Playbook 2 weeks before launch.
    12-23-12 05:48 PM
    its been said since the begining that BB10 will come to the playbook
    12-23-12 06:05 PM
    I know that, I meant it was the first time reading about BB10 coming to the Playbook before or even near launch. I always figured it was Q3 2013 we would get it.
    morganplus8 and Stewartj1 like this.
    12-23-12 06:08 PM
    I know that, I meant it was the first time reading about BB10 coming to the Playbook before or even near launch. I always figured it was Q3 2013 we would get it.
    oh oops my bad yeah this was a first i've seen also, i don't think i fully believe it htough but we'll see
    12-23-12 06:10 PM
    Nah, no worries.

I too am skeptical but I would welcome it with open arms. That would be pure awesome.
    12-23-12 06:13 PM
    wouldn't BB10 on Playbook before the launch undermine the launch surprises?
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-23-12 06:18 PM
    indeed it would it would be liek a pre test before launch or device ship outs to correct some bugs that may be left
    12-23-12 06:18 PM
    maybe but here have been talks about it being different on the playbook, what need is there for the hub with a playbook other then for e mails and BBM, its not like a tablet is use on the go like a smartphone is and its not a one hand use device you will need both hands free to use a tablet, but i can still see the advantages to having the hub even on the playbook, though i don't see it being nessessary
    12-23-12 06:21 PM
    My guess is that it would be a beta launch and not the full experience. Kind of like what's on the dev alpha devices. That way it wouldn't really ruin anything because we have already seen basically everything thus far. However I highly doubt this rumor to be true. Just seems to good.
    BBPandy and sredd68 like this.
    12-23-12 06:23 PM
    maybe but here have been talks about it being different on the playbook, what need is there for the hub with a playbook other then for e mails and BBM, its not like a tablet is use on the go like a smartphone is and its not a one hand use device you will need both hands free to use a tablet, but i can still see the advantages to having the hub even on the playbook, though i don't see it being nessessary
    I guess its possible its a watered down version but I believe any pre release of bb10 for playbook before the actual release would detract from the launch event. Releasing it on the same day would be cool though. But lets not forget how many "rumors" surfaced about the release of 2.1
    12-23-12 06:26 PM
    I agree. The hub may be implemented differently though. Perhaps a swipe from the bottom right corner? Also I do hope BB10 is customized for the Playbook and not just a copy of the phone UI. I like having that separation between my devices. It makes them feel unique.
    12-23-12 06:26 PM
    I guess its possible its a watered down version but I believe any pre release of bb10 for playbook before the actual release would detract from the launch event. Releasing it on the same day would be cool though. But lets not forget how many "rumors" surfaced about the release of 2.1
    I personally don't see the benefit of putting a watered down version of BB10 on the Playbook but who knows, perhaps it's a very daring and dangerous marketing move that could pay off. Lol ya rumors about 2.1 went crazy for awhile.
    idlenessisvice likes this.
    12-23-12 06:29 PM
    That would surprise me on both counts.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    12-23-12 06:30 PM
    Don't know how soon it will be but 2.1 was quiet a while by the definition of "soon"
    12-23-12 06:42 PM
    I wouldn't be all that surprised to see BB10 come to the PlayBook much sooner than we expected, but I doubt it'll come before the January 30th launch. It just wouldn't make any sense.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-23-12 06:49 PM
    I wouldn't be all that surprised to see BB10 come to the PlayBook much sooner than we expected, but I doubt it'll come before the January 30th launch. It just wouldn't make any sense.
    I concur.
    12-23-12 07:34 PM
    I just hope you can bridge an OS7 device to a BB10 PB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-23-12 08:08 PM
    Agreed. Makes no sense to release it early. Mid 2013 makes more sense to me assuming they have a build ready and waiting for the PB.
    12-23-12 08:11 PM
    not really as there are only a million or so ppl w/ playbooks,,, it would generate a ton of interest,,, those committed to the release device have already made up their minds,,, this would give those from other platforms a chance to see it thru their friends, etc. & thereby create a bigger bang on launch,,, a brilliant move really,,, & certainly different than the way it's always been done,,, that coupled w/ the bridge would have ppl clamoring for BB10 AND playbooks,,, everyone is thinking conventionally,,, for a moment, try not to...
    SirJes and melb_me like this.
    12-23-12 10:22 PM
    unless of course, they give the PlayBook bridged phone capabilities...
    12-23-12 10:25 PM
    The chances of getting bb10 early on playbook are infinitesimally small to non-existent because of that small audience, rim's priorities are on releasing stuff that will earn them money so it goes l-series, n-series and then maybe playbook gets a look in alongside the second wave of bb10 hardware but no sooner than that.
    12-23-12 10:29 PM
69 123