.... In the age of mobile computing, people expect more from a smartphone.
    What sort of "expect more" in particular is it you got on mind?
    There are many different means for the term "expect more"!

Boiling water, spreading flatish claims or is there more substantial behind that?

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-10-16 08:59 AM
    What sort of "expect more" in particular is it you got on mind?
    There are many different means for the term "expect more"!

Boiling water, spreading flatish claims or is there more substantial behind that?

You want a list of what a smartphone can do for a professional beyond email?
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-10-16 09:06 AM
    You want a list of what a smartphone can do for a professional beyond email?
    By the way.. lol
    The BlackBerry OS10 usermanual contains a comprehensive list of options already for a start..
    BlackBerry 10 must live-expecting-more.jpg

12-10-16 09:19 AM
    The BB10 Os v.10.3.3.2049 will live on in my current PP SE, and my three brand new PP SEs (still in their boxes), and a Z30. I will enjoy the experience for a long, long, long time. The keyboard, the gestures, active frames, the camera, the pics, the video,the music manager, the peeking, the true hub productivity, the awesome Os integrated file manager, the Kb track pad, the WiFi, BT, NFC sharing, BBM video, voice, chat, phone, texting, and email will live on for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    akavbb and syclone1978 like this.
    12-10-16 10:22 AM
    The BB10 Os v.10.3.3.2049 will live on in my current PP SE, and my three brand new PP SEs (still in their boxes), and a Z30. I will enjoy the experience for a long, long, long time. The keyboard, the gestures, active frames, the camera, the pics, the video,the music manager, the peeking, the true hub productivity, the awesome Os integrated file manager, the Kb track pad, the WiFi, BT, NFC sharing, BBM video, voice, chat, phone, texting, and email will live on for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    I am onboard with you.

.... even though I had to correct all the above words from the triple typing of letters...

Nothing like my SE.
    12-10-16 11:29 AM
    1. Don't give a dame fart about that.
    2. Only pointing out common sense.
    3. Never get personally in an diverse issue.

If "bb10 is superior" is common sense in your reality, then you're still just proving my point.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-10-16 11:56 AM
    If "bb10 is superior" is common sense in your reality, then you're still just proving my point.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Google-Ad-spy Android is a Marketing-OS to generate profits via collection of data for more advertising by let the customers using it with lots of candy, hence the OS-names.. all sweeties :-P
    But sweeties make bad tooth too!
    Unless Google bleached your reality... where is the problem?

12-10-16 02:14 PM
    Perhaps some some people don't need the "smart" part of a smartphone.
    12-10-16 02:39 PM
    In short BlackBerry OS10 is a modern OS for security aware and creative productional minded people who want to get things done!

Google-Ad-spy Android is a Marketing-OS to generate profits via collection of data for more advertising by let the customers using it with lots of candy, hence the OS-names.. all sweeties :-P
    But sweeties make bad tooth too!

BlackBerry 10 must live-tumblr_n5jd0lmjtl1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg
    12-10-16 03:09 PM
    Perhaps some some people don't need the "smart" part of a smartphone.
    Plenty of condescension in all directions around here, imo.
    12-10-16 05:58 PM
    Plenty of condescension in all directions around here, imo.
    Kind of funny how people take phone choice so personally.
    jegs2 likes this.
    12-10-16 06:04 PM
    Video explaining BlackBerry 10.3.3 added features and changes

Must be the shortest video in the history of YouTube.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    12-10-16 07:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n5jd0lMjtl1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg 
Views:	636 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	413957
    I was expecting you to give him the two-pictures artistic insult, he basically said what I always say but in a less "rough" way, oh well I do guess the comedian have to adapt his jokes to this rough (hater) public

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 08:18 PM
    BB can if they- leave the OHA. If BB decided to do that - sooner or later Google can legally go after BB for using ART to begin - since they are technically pirating access to the Google Play store and more importantly Google Play Service. Also it is not a good thing for BB to keep relying on ART to begin with. This is similar to what happened to WebOS - Palm for while had access to iTunes and Apple keeps updating it to prevent WebOS access . It was amusing at first, since Palm was sticking it to Apple; but it dragged on.... And it became pathetic since it was clear that Palm had no chance in building a robust ecosystem . And become one of the factors that killed WebOS.

Same situation will happen to BB if they keep updating ART since it will just highlight how bad is BB ecosystem.
    Google should go after BlackBerry for things like Snap and other workarounds to get Google Play working on devices that were not approved.

BlackBerry knew people were, and still are modifying Google Play to work with BB10, but did nothing to stop it.
    12-11-16 12:31 AM
    It's an extension of our brains.
    And I'd rather keep most of that PRIVate...

:-D

�   10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D   �
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-11-16 01:24 AM
    Yeah amazing how picky people can get... LoL

12-11-16 05:29 AM
    As long as it's just fun and not too serious. Get enough of that with other things in life. 😉
    12-11-16 07:24 AM
    Google should go after BlackBerry for things like Snap and other workarounds to get Google Play working on devices that were not approved.

BlackBerry knew people were, and still are modifying Google Play to work with BB10, but did nothing to stop it.
    BB isn't going after Snap, true, but it can't advertise it either and haven't allowed it in BBWorld

Google isn't going after Snap probably because the low numbers of snap users don't justify the effort. If Snap any kind of big numbers, Google would start to take measures against it (Snap is against the terms of service of Google play).

Snap lives in a grey area where it useful enough for BB10 users to get some app needs, but has small enough numbers to not attract much attention.
    Bbnivende and app_Developer like this.
    12-11-16 07:30 AM
    Haha... Next time you're getting your car worked on, tell the mechanic doing the work that the tools (Snap-On??) in his roll around are outdated relics from a long forgotten past and that NO "smart" person uses them anymore... Tell him about how "generic" tools outsell SnapOn and how "the market" has decided generics are "just as good"... AND say this publicly and loudly so that his other customers hear... Lol. See how "personally" he views the essential tools of his livelihood... Haha.

"Smart"phones are essential tools of livelihood for SOME of us. Lol.

I, personally, don't consider any "smart"phone demanding two handed "drag, guess & hope" for speadsheet editing to be very "smart", imo.

My company edits quite a few thousand spreadsheets per year. My "smart guys" constantly test handsets of all platforms in effort to maintain our lead over very capable competition. I can safely speak authoritatively about that single attribute of "smart"phones.

Classic is the best of BB10, and the second best "smart"phone ever, for spreadsheet editing. The best ever being 9900. By MY definition of "smart".

Maybe irrelevant "fun" to Pokemon masters but food-on-the-table serious for SOME of us.
    12-12-16 09:24 AM
    Handtools, which haven't changed substantially in 60 or more years, are hardly what I would choose to compare to smartphones, whose technology changes significantly every couple of years (at most). You could work on a car just fine with a 10-year-old set of tools, but few people are going to be as productive today with a 10-year-old smartphone (many of my own critical apps would not function, which means I could not do my job).

Technology products work on a very, VERY different lifecycle than most other things we're used to dealing with.
    12-12-16 03:47 PM
    Handtools, which haven't changed substantially in 60 or more years, are hardly what I would choose to compare to smartphones, whose technology changes significantly every couple of years (at most). You could work on a car just fine with a 10-year-old set of tools, but few people are going to be as productive today with a 10-year-old smartphone (many of my own critical apps would not function, which means I could not do my job).

Technology products work on a very, VERY different lifecycle than most other things we're used to dealing with.
    Very smart response. 😉
    12-12-16 05:36 PM

Best tool for the job is the best tool for the job. Regardless of vintage. Regardless of technology.

Tools of livelihood can be very personal & serious topics. Regardless of vintage. Regardless of technology.
    12-12-16 08:51 PM
    Haha... Next time you're getting your car worked on, tell the mechanic doing the work that the tools (Snap-On??) in his roll around are outdated relics from a long forgotten past and that NO "smart" person uses them anymore... Tell him about how "generic" tools outsell SnapOn and how "the market" has decided generics are "just as good"... AND say this publicly and loudly so that his other customers hear... Lol. See how "personally" he views the essential tools of his livelihood... Haha.

"Smart"phones are essential tools of livelihood for SOME of us. Lol.

I, personally, don't consider any "smart"phone demanding two handed "drag, guess & hope" for speadsheet editing to be very "smart", imo.

My company edits quite a few thousand spreadsheets per year. My "smart guys" constantly test handsets of all platforms in effort to maintain our lead over very capable competition. I can safely speak authoritatively about that single attribute of "smart"phones.

Classic is the best of BB10, and the second best "smart"phone ever, for spreadsheet editing. The best ever being 9900. By MY definition of "smart".

Maybe irrelevant "fun" to Pokemon masters but food-on-the-table serious for SOME of us.
    Steve, what spread sheet program app do you use on your Blackberry phones?

As a bit of side note, I see where Microsoft has a one-handed mode for its keyboard app, and Google has one as well. You are a one handed practitioner.
    12-12-16 10:15 PM
    Best tool for the job is the best tool for the job. Regardless of vintage. Regardless of technology.

Tools of livelihood can be very personal & serious topics. Regardless of vintage. Regardless of technology.
    Revox pr-99 was head and shoulders above the rest.
    12-12-16 10:18 PM
    That sounds a lot like, say, an author who prefers to write with pen and paper longhand, or on a manual typewriter - and making the argument that "it's the best tool for me." Objectively, it's virtually impossible to argue against a modern computer and word processor that can spell-check, handle formatting, track revisions, handle footnotes, etc. Really, such writers are saying "it's what I PREFER, even knowing it's inferior in many ways, because I'm stuck in my ways and refuse to move forward." To argue that it's objectively better to use a manual typewriter (unless you're writing outdoors in Africa or something) is simply incorrect and being intentionally contradictory. Yes, there's an edge-case exception (and perhaps several), but the vast majority would not be best served with the manual typewriter.

And that's what we're saying here. Certainly there may be a few edge-cases where BB10 is the "best" mobile OS for the limited set of tasks a person needs to accomplish, but the vast majority of people would not be best served with BB10 (especially in its current state, much less its future state!) over Android or iOS - because most people can't or won't deal with all of the many work-arounds, broken features, and limitations of the OS and ecosystem - they have actual work to do and need a platform that works right, every time, the first time, and is supported by all the other vendors, service providers, customers, and partners they interact with.

If that wasn't true, then iOS and Android wouldn't collectively control 99.7% of the global smartphone market - but they do.
    12-12-16 10:22 PM
150 ... 3456