I still want a Z50.

BB 9000> Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic
    So do I. But now I'll only dream about it
    Last edited by Alain_A; 12-04-16 at 01:05 AM.
    12-03-16 01:42 PM
    So do I. But now I'll will only dream about it
    Dtek 60 is the closest thing you Will ever get (considering Mercury to be the very last device in and not in house

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 04:09 PM
    Video explaining BlackBerry 10.3.3 added features and changes

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-04-16 05:32 AM
    Which Android device have you used? One hand operation depends not merely on OS but also on the display size.

BB10 is great but it is not fully supported anymore. I wish it was not the case, but it really is. Speak of specifications, have you tried Passport? The size is a bit different though.

Posted through my  Z30
    Samsung S7 Edge can't stretch or my palm will touch the other part of the screen hence activating something I don't want.
    12-05-16 10:15 AM
    BB10 is JOHN CONNOR the Technology of human Resistance. " He must Live... " - T 800

Posted via CB10
    /golfclap
    12-06-16 02:54 AM
    By what metric?
    Fanboy metrics, duh!
    DrBoomBotz and MikeX74 like this.
    12-06-16 04:45 AM
    Speaking of blackberry 10 check out the last paragraph of this new article�

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.Eu92a
    12-07-16 02:36 AM
    I think i'm done with it. It feels like BlackBerry is giving up on me than the other way around. Everything is getting slow en dated. Things are broken, android apps that are freezing (I cant use Instagram anymore and Spotify takes 10 minutes before I finally can listen to it) and even the camera and photo apps are extremely slow. One of the most important things for a 25 year old boy. My phone is just 6 months old.

I enjoyed it tho. I always was the boy that still had a Blackberry and rocked that **** and defended it like it was his baby.

In 1,5 week I have to chose my next phone and it's gonna be the iPhone 7. I was thinking about the Priv but it's not the same after all and I'm done with supporting something without any real improvements.

Blackberry will always be in my damn heart

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 09:29 AM
    I think i'm done with it. It feels like BlackBerry is giving up on me than the other way around. Everything is getting slow en dated. Things are broken, android apps that are freezing (I cant use Instagram anymore and Spotify takes 10 minutes before I finally can listen to it) and even the camera and photo apps are extremely slow. One of the most important things for a 25 year old boy. My phone is just 6 months old.

I enjoyed it tho. I always was the boy that still had a Blackberry and rocked that **** and defended it like it was his baby.

In 1,5 week I have to chose my next phone and it's gonna be the iPhone 7. I was thinking about the Priv but it's not the same after all and I'm done with supporting something without any real improvements.

Blackberry will always be in my damn heart

Posted via CB10
    You get a new phone every six months?
    12-07-16 09:52 AM
    You get a new phone every six months?
    Since he's still using BB10, maybe not.

Posted through my  Z30
    12-07-16 02:33 PM
    Tizen can use the same Linux-based drivers for all hardware - and manufacturers already provide those drivers because virtually all of their customers use Android, which is also Linux-based.

BB10 is QNX-based, so BB would need to pay to have QNX-based drivers developed for all of those chips and sensors. That's a huge additional cost, especially for a low-volume seller (few phones to spread that cost across).
    What kind of processor does QNX use in the automotive sector?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 04:35 PM
    Does anyone know if it would legally be possible for BlackBerry to update the ART for 10.3.4 since they will be officially out of the Android game?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 05:00 PM
    Does anyone know if it would legally be possible for BlackBerry to update the ART for 10.3.4 since they will be officially out of the Android game?

Posted via CB10
    That is an interesting thought.
    They could maybe upgrade the ART if they leave the OHA but they won't ever get google play services.
    But they won't touch the ART because BB10 would still not be commercially viable.
    12-07-16 06:02 PM
    What kind of processor does QNX use in the automotive sector?
    Ancient Texas Instruments OMAP processors, mostly (which were discontinued, what, 4 years ago already?). The SoCs in most embedded devices are stuff that no one's used in a smartphone in 4-5 years. They're low-powered, well-understood, and CHEAP. I believe the new Ford Sync (QNX-based) is using an OMAP3 SoC - which to put in perspective, BB used an OMAP4-series in the BB Playbook back in 2011.
    12-07-16 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    BB can if they- leave the OHA. If BB decided to do that - sooner or later Google can legally go after BB for using ART to begin - since they are technically pirating access to the Google Play store and more importantly Google Play Service. Also it is not a good thing for BB to keep relying on ART to begin with. This is similar to what happened to WebOS - Palm for while had access to iTunes and Apple keeps updating it to prevent WebOS access . It was amusing at first, since Palm was sticking it to Apple; but it dragged on.... And it became pathetic since it was clear that Palm had no chance in building a robust ecosystem . And become one of the factors that killed WebOS.

Same situation will happen to BB if they keep updating ART since it will just highlight how bad is BB ecosystem.
    12-08-16 07:32 PM

Same situation will happen to BB if they keep updating ART since it will just highlight how bad is BB ecosystem.
    That's my point exactly!
    Why I believe that it was a very bad move to integrate a ART in to the new OS10 in 2013 in the 1st place.
    BlackBerry should have never been bothered to make Android app's available to BlackBerry devises at all, but stick to "build-for-blackBerry" only even if it would have taken much longer to create a solid base and stock on BlackBerry app's, as better alternativ to rotten Apple and faulty Android systems.

Posted either via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    12-09-16 03:29 AM
    Well, still government IT services can't afford to service any other phones

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 08:01 PM
    That's my point exactly!
    Why I believe that it was a very bad move to integrate a ART in to the new OS10 in 2013 in the 1st place.
    BlackBerry should have never been bothered to make Android app's available to BlackBerry devises at all, but stick to "build-for-blackBerry" only even if it would have taken much longer to create a solid base and stock on BlackBerry app's, as better alternativ to rotten Apple and faulty Android systems.

BB10 would have just died sooner without the runtime. Did it ever occur to you that the runtime integration came to pass *because* "built for BlackBerry" was a total failure?

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    12-09-16 10:03 PM
    That's my point exactly!

The Android runtime came with PlayBook OS 2.0 (2011), so the idea of a native BlackBerry developer base that can't fit in a hatchback was dead in the water.
    cribble2k likes this.
    12-10-16 01:23 AM
    Well looks like the ART was meant to be a addition to the main BlackBerry OS by the initial development, like a extra sweetie to cache the eye of the kids to ensure they are able to continue to play there hyped and cheap Android games?
    Conclusion is that the ART is just a sort of nice additional bloat ware to the main OS10, that ART addition was thene mainly overestimated later on because the main OS10 was pushed back by not recognising it's full potential by most Android fanboys who never wanted a serious BlackBerry device anyway but a new cool toy like flashing a Apple hardware running M$-windows because it's less effort to get use to.

People's don't give a dame shi** about an OS anyway as long as they can waste there time with FB, Instagram, fluffy Birds and Pok�mon this days.

12-10-16 05:30 AM
    In short BlackBerry OS10 is a modern OS for security aware and creative productional minded people who want to get things done!

Google-Ad-spy Android is a Marketing-OS to generate profits via collection of data for more advertising by let the customers using it with lots of candy, hence the OS-names.. all sweeties :-P
    But sweeties make bad tooth too!

12-10-16 05:46 AM
    In short BlackBerry OS10 is a modern OS for security aware and creative productional minded people who want to get things done!

Google-Ad-spy Android is a Marketing-OS to generate profits via collection of data for more advertising by let the customers using it with lots of candy, hence the OS-names.. all sweeties :-P
    But sweeties make bad tooth too!

That condescending attitude must make you a joy at social gatherings.

"I'm better than you because I use a BlackBerry!"

TgeekB and cribble2k like this.
    12-10-16 06:06 AM
    That condescending attitude must make you a joy at social gatherings.

"I'm better than you because I use a BlackBerry!"

1. Don't give a dame fart about that.
    2. Only pointing out common sense.
    3. Never get personally in an diverse issue.

Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 12-10-16 at 06:39 AM.
    12-10-16 06:25 AM

It's hard to be productive when you can only do email. In the age of mobile computing, people expect more from a smartphone.
    12-10-16 08:05 AM
    It's hard to be productive when you can only do email. In the age of mobile computing, people expect more from a smartphone.
    Perhaps his job deals mostly with email. If that's the case, then yeah, productivity it is.
    12-10-16 08:42 AM
150 ... 23456