Artisanal smartphones.
    Yay!
    ominaxe likes this.
    11-12-16 01:08 PM
    i'm not sure OS10 is dead or not. But my Z10 died already
    11-12-16 01:43 PM
    JFK must live also... but unfortunately that isn't going to happen either
    Triangulation of fire in Apple and Googles assassination of BlackBerry. . Google from the Daltex building. Apple from the Texas school book depository and Verizon from the grassy knol. Verizons head shot (frame 313 of the Zupruder film) clearly shows BlackBerrys head being blown out.

.....just a thought

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe likes this.
    11-12-16 02:00 PM
    Make it so!
    +10

;-D

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-13-16 02:41 PM
    One Plus one was made in small batches when they first launched.

I'm just wondering if that is something Blackberry could do as well. Where they produce only what they can sell. Whilst an invite system would be a pain in the *** that might be one way to control costs?
    Who would pay the millions it would be required to write the drivers to make BB10 run on modern hardware.
    11-13-16 02:47 PM
    Lol what are people who use apps going to do once a android 4.3 is no longer supported?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 03:54 PM
    Not without apps. And BB has no major apps of interest to people.
    11-13-16 04:16 PM
    I am still trying to figure out why a small Asia phone company would want to pay to license a OS that has not had an update in over 18 months, has limited app support, and would have to find a source for three-year old chips.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-13-16 05:22 PM
    Lol what are people who use apps going to do once a android 4.3 is no longer supported?

Posted via CB10
    Come here and complain.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Rello likes this.
    11-13-16 05:59 PM
    I am still trying to figure out why a small Asia phone company would want to pay to license a OS that has not had an update in over 18 months, has limited app support, and would have to find a source for three-year old chips.
    A lot of business things not for consumers so we cannot comment based on as a phone user. If blackberry see a demand on these licenses, I am sure they will up the bb10 software game.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 06:19 PM
    A lot of business things not for consumers so we cannot comment based on as a phone user. If blackberry see a demand on these licenses, I am sure they will up the bb10 software game.

Posted via CB10
    True

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 10:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    But who would need a full blown mobile OS? If you are doing IOT there are specialized micro OSs. Looking around the industry I don't see any use for BB10 except as a mobile OS.
    True

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    There was no business demand when BB launched 'the value killer' so why now?
    11-14-16 01:35 AM
    But who would need a full blown mobile OS? If you are doing IOT there are specialized micro OSs. Looking around the industry I don't see any use for BB10 except as a mobile OS.
    Samsung Tizen os is now starting to implemented in Huawei smartwatches and other platforms. If Tizen can why can't BB10 to be implemented? Hope we will see some new partnership for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 03:25 AM
    Samsung Tizen os is now starting to implemented in Huawei smartwatches and other platforms. If Tizen can why can't BB10 to be implemented? Hope we will see some new partnership for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Tizen is not a Samsung OS, I don't know why everyone keeps thinking this is a Samsung OS. Samsung does support Tizen and has used it in a few products.

From Wikipedia
    Tizen (/ˈtaɪzɛn/) is an operating system based on the Linux kernel and the GNU C Library implementing the Linux API. It works on a wide range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) devices, smart TVs, PCs, smart cameras, wearable computing (such as smartwatches), Blu-ray players, printers and smart home appliances[3] (such as refrigerators, lighting, washing machines, air conditioners, ovens/microwaves and a robotic vacuum cleaner[4]). Its purpose is to offer a consistent user experience across devices. Tizen is a project within the Linux Foundation and is governed by a Technical Steering Group (TSG).

For more details you can visit https://www.tizen.org/
    11-14-16 06:28 PM
    BlackBerry 10 rocks my world. The best there is.

  
    rt2567 likes this.
    11-18-16 02:45 AM
    Tizen is not a Samsung OS, I don't know why everyone keeps thinking this is a Samsung OS. Samsung does support Tizen and has used it in a few products.

From Wikipedia
    Tizen (/ˈtaɪzɛn/) is an operating system based on the Linux kernel and the GNU C Library implementing the Linux API. It works on a wide range of devices, including smartphones, tablets, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) devices, smart TVs, PCs, smart cameras, wearable computing (such as smartwatches), Blu-ray players, printers and smart home appliances[3] (such as refrigerators, lighting, washing machines, air conditioners, ovens/microwaves and a robotic vacuum cleaner[4]). Its purpose is to offer a consistent user experience across devices. Tizen is a project within the Linux Foundation and is governed by a Technical Steering Group (TSG).

For more details you can visit https://www.tizen.org/
    Linux? Sounds good to me...
    I wanna be a CiTizen, then...

:-D

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    11-19-16 07:49 AM
    JFK must live also... but unfortunately that isn't going to happen either
    As much of your joke is in bad taste. your like 50 years to late to.

#luvmybb10os
    11-19-16 10:03 AM
    Samsung Tizen os is now starting to implemented in Huawei smartwatches and other platforms. If Tizen can why can't BB10 to be implemented?
    Tizen can use the same Linux-based drivers for all hardware - and manufacturers already provide those drivers because virtually all of their customers use Android, which is also Linux-based.

BB10 is QNX-based, so BB would need to pay to have QNX-based drivers developed for all of those chips and sensors. That's a huge additional cost, especially for a low-volume seller (few phones to spread that cost across).
    11-19-16 10:45 AM
    How much would it cost to make new drivers anyways? Why would it cost millions in the first place?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-19-16 11:12 AM
    Tizen can use the same Linux-based drivers for all hardware - and manufacturers already provide those drivers because virtually all of their customers use Android, which is also Linux-based.

BB10 is QNX-based, so BB would need to pay to have QNX-based drivers developed for all of those chips and sensors. That's a huge additional cost, especially for a low-volume seller (few phones to spread that cost across).
    It's not about drivers and chips. QNX is having high potential than Android and IOS, and QNX is used in cars, satellites, medical devices and in other complex military devices. Smartphone business was one of the ways through which QNX reach would have multiplied .But what happened we all have seen. It's all about execution of the great idea or Product. Samsung and Apple knows how to execute things . BlackBerry had issues in board level itself during the BB10 execution. Even though android is far far inferior to BB10 how android gained this much market share. Same execution skills they will use in Tizen and it will grow.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 11:27 AM
    BlackBerry 10 subsistence is practically imposible, Qualcom doesn't want to release drivers for BlackBerry 10, that (after the selling failure) is enough to crush BlackBerry 10, I don't think Sammy Will put their hands on fire by producing drivers for BlackBerry 10, Exynos would rock buuut not happening, Kirin isn't even talking with Chen and after those companies the Last remaining is Intel, certainly Intel is looking for a OS to enter the mobile industry (failed before, Apple rejected them back in the 2007), but they will probably stick with Microsoft so, if no one Will give BlackBerry processors to their BlackBerry 10 devices, What are they going to do?, they used the Snapdragon S4 in Classic, 801 on passport, what are they going to put on a New device?
    Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 11:38 AM
    Every style of phone has been made with BB10. There is no good reason to stop using it even though most < think >. They need every app in the world tracking them on a phone. Imho

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    11-19-16 12:55 PM
    BlackBerry 10 will live as long as BB10 phones are alive though the OS is dead .
    11-19-16 01:00 PM
    I swear it should!!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 06:07 PM
150 1234 ...