02-21-13 03:13 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    rubbish and rehash .. nothing new here....
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    02-21-13 03:28 AM
    02-21-13 03:36 AM
    I'd have to say that is a terrible article with a sensationalist headline. It looks like the enormous flop title comes from the author reading about how Canaccord reduced estimates from 1.75 million to 300,000, with the implication that Z10 sales are 85% below expectations. However, much of that estimate reduction is due to US and other markets not launching in Q4.

Articles like this one makes me think that BlackBerry is wise not to release any concrete sales numbers since those numbers would be used to create headlines such as "BlackBerry 10 sells only 300,000 in the first month while iPhone 5 sells 5 million in first weekend!" without any attempt to address the differences in launch markets and expectations. I've seen a couple posters suggest that BlackBerry should release numbers since people would be smart enough to adjust for the limited countries for early launch availability, but this shows that the media often goes for sensationalism over trying to educate readers.

02-21-13 03:38 AM
    I'd have to say that is a terrible article with a sensationalist headline. It looks like the enormous flop title comes from the author reading about how Canaccord reduced estimates from 1.75 million to 300,000, with the implication that Z10 sales are 85% below expectations. However, much of that estimate reduction is due to US and other markets not launching in Q4.

Articles like this one makes me think that BlackBerry is wise not to release any concrete sales numbers since those numbers would be used to create headlines such as "BlackBerry 10 sells only 300,000 in the first month while iPhone 5 sells 5 million in first weekend!" without any attempt to address the differences in launch markets and expectations. I've seen a couple posters suggest that BlackBerry should release numbers since people would be smart enough to adjust for the limited countries for early launch availability, but this shows that the media often goes for sensationalism over trying to educate readers.
    Thats how they do it! the knives are out people! BlackBerry must relly be pissing off some powerfull Brokerages/shorts in the USA to get this kind of biased news media! You can infer the opposite of this article, the Z10 is selling well and the shorts are worried!
    02-21-13 03:56 AM
    Waste of time reading this kind of articles
    02-21-13 03:59 AM
    02-21-13 04:53 AM